News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I love it?
I am glad you do. I was speaking in a more general sense. people like the land but if you polled over 100 people the majority would say they like the land but not love it per say. but if the land totally works for you that is awesome. i am not trying to take away anything from those who do love it. just saying in general the consensus is the land does not work and not beloved as others.

CntrlFlPete

I thought I saw that guest would wear customs for their cruise -- I thought Disney does not allow adult park guest to wear customs -- I therefor surmise that cruise guest will be isolated from the general public -- so I guess they will not be allowed to wonder out in space and somehow end up in Hollywood to see Mickey and Minnie.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought I saw that guest would wear customs for their cruise -- I thought Disney does not allow adult park guest to wear customs -- I therefor surmise that cruise guest will be isolated from the general public -- so I guess they will not be allowed to wonder out in space and somehow end up in Hollywood to see Mickey and Minnie.

I believe Disney said costumes would be "available" to guests. I would guess they would use something fairly generic so other guests will not confuse them with cast members, for example Jedi robes.

Archie123

I am glad you do. I was speaking in a more general sense. people like the land but if you polled over 100 people the majority would say they like the land but not love it per say. but if the land totally works for you that is awesome. i am not trying to take away anything from those who do love it. just saying in general the consensus is the land does not work and not beloved as others.

You are making up your own “facts” to try and support your argument. Please show some poll that shows this general consensus.

MagicHappens1971

The land is not perfect, by the standards of OG diehard fans (from my perspective), as a newer Star Wars fan, I like the land, I think it’s very well done. ROTR is probably one of the best, if not the best attraction I’ve ever seen Disney do. The land is impeccably themed, while more interactive elements would’ve been nice, and some of the other planned things, the land goes on without them. Even coming in as a newer Star Wars fan, I personally think if the land was grounded in the originals, or even the prequels it would've been better received. I personally think Kennedy & Disney marketing or however you’d like to word it are responsible for it. Battuu could’ve existed within the originals or even the prequels and no one would’ve batted an eye. I will also say that in my opinion, with Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamil all getting on in age and leaving the franchise, it doesn’t really make sense to build an entire theme park land built around the characters they embodies. I may be in the minority, and am not trying to be repetitive but Galaxy’s Edge is very well done, Smugglers Run is a little underwhelming, and a third attraction would’ve been nice, but I don’t like to think of what could’ve been. For what it is, the land is amazingly themed, and id argue has more of a backstory than any land Disney has created before, Pandora would probably come a close second. *everything in this post is purely opinion and I’m not trying to start a debate*

mergatroid

Possibly but until we were to do that we can only make assumptions. Certainly I've seen people complain about it on here but let's be honest, if Disney were giving $100 dollar gift certificates to everyone who visited there'd be folks on here complaining it wasn't $200 :D

As an aside we took 3 first timers to Disney and Universal in 2019. They love the Star Wars and Harry Potter films equally, but all 3 preferred Galaxy's Edge to Diagon Alley. So from my personal experience I could say that 100% surveyed prefer GE to DA but I won't as it's not proper research :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I will also say that in my opinion, with Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamil all getting on in age and leaving the franchise, it doesn’t really make sense to build an entire theme park land built around the characters they embodies.
Ford and Hamill, yes, but Carrie Fisher hasn't aged a day since December 27, 2016...

Archie123

FigmentFan82

I could see this opening in Spring 2022. I feel like they wouldn't want to start this thing running during the months when it does actually get fairly cold in mornings and early evenings since excursions to Batuu are part of the experience.

And back to pricing again, my wild guess is for 2 adults 2 kids for the 2 night experience $4999.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I could see this opening in Spring 2022. I feel like they wouldn't want to start this thing running during the months when it does actually get fairly cold in mornings and early evenings since excursions to Batuu are part of the experience.

And back to pricing again, my wild guess is for 2 adults 2 kids for the 2 night experience $4999.
The more I’ve pondered the more I think it’s more like $6500.

FigmentFan82

The more I’ve pondered the more I think it’s more like $6500.
Gosh, I know this is Disney we're talking about and they do love to fleece us as much as possible but that 6 or even 5 as the first number gives me real shell-shock. I wonder if they'll try to hide the amount as much as possible, like "please call for more information and book your experience with us..."

rle4lunch

They'll probably have "immersion" tiers

Padawan level will get you basic experience, including 1 lightsaber training session w/drone, padawan robes upcharge.

New Jedi level will get you everything in the Padawan level, including a confrontation with a Sith apprentice.

Jedi Counsel level will complete your training to include Padawan and New Jedi levels, including a full character profile for yourself and your party to be part of the storyline to save the Republic.

All the above levels apply in reverse if you choose the Dark Side, Sith package.

MurphyJoe

Gosh, I know this is Disney we're talking about and they do love to fleece us as much as possible but that 6 or even 5 as the first number gives me real shell-shock. I wonder if they'll try to hide the amount as much as possible, like "please call for more information and book your experience with us..."

I can see Disney putting to the forefront when they announce bookings have opened for the lowest cost week of the year in whichever cabin arrangement will be the lowest price, "From $3,999 per person," for example. But then do their classic upcharge extravaganza when going to book with all the additional add-ons. Priority boarding and early/late debarkation. Photo packages. Starcruiser lightsaber that's only available during the experience. Keep your costume. Prepay your GE lightsaber and droid building experiences and have access to all the parts for no additional charge. Take home the space towels. Unlimited drink packages.

TiggerDad

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
4 Three-Day park tickets = $1400 depending when you go
6x4 Disney meals presumably with alcohol included at at least 1 = $600-$800
2 nights in a deluxe hotel = $1400 depending when you go
I’m assuming some trinkets will be “included” = $200

So from Disney’s perspective we’re at $3800 in “value” before the entertainment upcharge.

A VIP tour starts at $450 an hour. You can see where this could get really insane really quickly.
I would not be surprised by anything up to $3K a person but i think it will be more like $1600-$2000 per person.

Unbanshee

BlogMickey seems to think that since the permits for props on the Halcyon have an expiration date of the end of January, 2022, then that is a likely timeframe for the 'ship' to open, though, he admits not necessarily (there can be other, further work that needs to be done).

So, will it open in January?

View attachment 556661

I didn't read that Blog Mickey says it'll open in January. Actually, the article says spring to summer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom