News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

nickys

Premium Member
my point is if the guests don't see the ship when they pull up to check in at the hotel why build a physical model of what the ship will look like since its not something they actually planned to build?
They are building it.

The point where you pull up in your car is the shuttle. You walk through the doors into the shuttle.
You are then transported to the ship via the shuttle (aka a room with special effects).
The actual ship is what you stay in, it’s what we see when looking at aerial photos of the #notahotel.
It’s just you never see the outside of the ship, only the inside.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

They are building it.

The point where you pull up in your car is the shuttle. You walk through the doors into the shuttle.
You are then transported to the ship via the shuttle (aka a room with special effects).
The actual ship is what you stay in, it’s what we see when looking at aerial photos of the #notahotel.
It’s just you never see the outside of the ship, only the inside.
That's my point. if they didn't plan on building a physical ship why did they build that model they were showing off recently of the ship?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
my point is if the guests don't see the ship when they pull up to check in at the hotel why build a physical model of what the ship will look like since its not something they actually planned to build?
Please stop this charade that you don't know how theme parks work and then when the behind-the-scenes magic is explained to you, you post several times a day that it shouldn't be that way as if theme parks are supposed to re-create fantasies in the real world exactly as they are in the fantasy.

This is just going to be another episode of your ramp trolling.

Skywise

I do have to say - from all the pictures I've seen so far it looked like the *not the starship hotel* was visible from the entrance and there doesn't appear to be anything that looks like "a shuttle" in the artistic drawings. Maybe that's coming but the renderings don't make it LOOK like a Starport.

EDIT - actually to tie this back in with the other thread about the new colors on the TTC Ferry and Monorail entrances - It would've been interesting if Disney used that same design and scheme at the entrance but with SHUTTLE TO HYPERION on it! :D

Skywise

Its not a "charade" it is a legit question. Disney came up with this stupid "you are really on another planet/cruise ship in space not Disneyland/world and are not in a theme park" role play crap so by that logic it makes no friggin sense to make a model of a ship for a project they didn't intend to build. I hope this pooless hotel does have a ramp at least. That is the least they could install.
So, without the model, without the pictures on the brochures and on the billboards, what do the guests SEE from the transport pod when they pull up alongside their... ship?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Link for the help wanteds:

Here are the sample audition scripts:

AUDITION SIDE: CAPTAIN
I wish to thank all of you for your cooperation today. The challenges faced on this mission have far exceeded anything I have witnessed in my 20 years aboard this vessel. Your quick action to defend the ship, and your aid in identifying the persons responsible for these interruptions has ensured that we will see our way peaceably through this unpredictable and dangerous situation. Thanks to the intelligence you’ve provided a small contingent of outlaws has been captured and are being questioned by my trusted crew as we speak.While I have truly appreciated your assistance, my first priority must remain your safety. There may yet be parties who seek to disrupt our passage, and I need you to allow my crew and me to deal with these potentially dangerous individuals. I don’t mean to alarm you; we’ve had enough of that already today. But it is possible you’ll encounter someone who you believe has less than noble intentions. If you do, please, calmly let one of us know and have faith that we will handle it. Your only mission from here out should be to enjoy time with your family and newfound friends. Please understand, this is not a request. It is an order, from a very grateful Captain.​

AUDITION SIDE: CRUISE DIRECTOR
Look at all of these smiling faces! I’m...surprised if I’m to be totally honest. I mean, if I got a message asking me to go on a secret mission, knowing I’d be missing out on the fabulous food and activities on board this ship, I’d have been like, “Nah...I’m hyperspacing back to the buffet, thanks! Let me know how that works out for ya!” (pause) Okay, not entirely true. I’d probably be right there next to you.I’ve always followed the call to serve. Not in some overly devoted or pretentious way...I’ve just fed off of the positive energy you get when others are pleased with the job you’ve done. Simple, really. Like, if you’re happy, I’m happy. And happiness, well, it’s not as common as it used to be, so I’ve tried my best to fill that void.But the void, the darkness in the Galaxy, it’s growing. I can feel it. Creeping closer and closer to those I know and the things I love. I used to see it as a sort of momentary gloom. It’s not like that anymore. It’s more sinister, more intense and it casts a heavy shadow over everything I thought to be true and just. It threatens to remove all signs of the happiness I once tended. I am moved to the need, driven to make a difference. I feel the call to stand. To fight! And I’m asking you to join me. I’ll never stop wishing for happiness and joy. But when wishes fall short, I’ll be a soldier of positive and righteous actions. Let it be today...Let today be different.​

FIRST ORDER LIEUTENANT
It has come to my attention that there is a traitor amongst you. Resistance scum hiding in plain sight and striving to undo the efforts of the First Order. Allow me to be clear...crystal, as it were. This saboteur shall be dealt with, and swiftly. You may be thinking your tracks have been sufficiently covered, that your misdeeds are undetectable. Your assumptions could not be farther from the truth. Moments ago, I directed my storm troopers to intensify the reconnaissance of those who had demonstrated irregular behavior, and I am pleased to report, we have narrowed down our list of potential suspects to the occupants of this room. And so, an opportunity presents itself. Step forward an d offer information the First Order would find useful or stand in the shadows hoping to avoid my gaze. (pause) Your collective silence has forced me into a particularly weighty predicament. I ca n either spend my day nosing out the villain, or I ca n save myself the time and extinguish you all. Decisions, decisions, decisions...​

AUDITION SIDE: THE FIXER
It seems we have found ourselves in a “delicate” situation. You need me in order to gain access to the ship’s manifest, and I need...that is to say, I am “motivated” to shelter that access from certain parties aboard this vessel. Now, you could try to sway me with testimonials and declarations in an attempt to confirm your allegiance to this cause, or that. And I could spin my energies on countless connections and networks to establish your integrity. Or...you could prove yourself and allay my suspicions with one deed. A test if you will.If, as you claim, you have the fortitude and means to deliver; if your bowels are an unwavering mix of beskar and nerve; if your request is more than a passing fancy...this test will be the echoing proof that you are worthy of my assistance. If, on the other hand, the mere scent of a skirmish drives you into the shadows, well (slight chuckle), that would tell its own story, now wouldn’t it.So, we can tip-toe around each other until I get bored, or you can step into the light and accept my challenge. You see, I am a man of action. What remains to be seen is...are you?​

SHIP MECHANIC
Oh, hey there. I, uh, didn’t expect anyone to be in here at this late hour. Actually, never thought I’d be here at this late hour, but when the Captain says “Hey, get it done”, you gotta be like, “Sure, on my way” and then you wonder down into the...Sorry, I’m rambling, but I’m super glad you’re here! See, I’m trying to get this, uh, airlock to release. Tricky business on account of the pressure backed up in the insulator coupling. My instructor always said, “Make sure you’ve got an extra hand on hand” ...now I know what she was talking about. Do you mind giving me a...well, a hand? (snickers) If you turn it to the wall while I trigger the... Hey! Where ya going? Wait, wait! I can explain. I know what you’re thinking. “That’s not an insulator coupling”, and you’re right...it’s not. And this isn’t an airlock either. There’s not even an airlock in this room! (hushed) Truth is, Captain sent me here to override the rhydonium pump and perform a lock-out on the hyper drive. Super-secret mission ‘cause she doesn’t want that new Lieutenant to know. I get it. It’s suspicious. You have every right to be, I mean, but you shouldn’t be, but I understand why you are...suspicious. But what do you say? Ca n you help me out?​

SABER TRAINER
In times such as these, center yourself. Your physical presence in the Galaxy can be a beacon of hope to those who share your desire for peace and tranquility. But unfocused, that presence is exposed and vulnerable...susceptible to be drawn in by the darker energies that tempt the ill-prepared.In the words of Dejammy Shallon, “When the pond is disturbed, we cannot see within. When the pond is still, we can see with clarity.” Let not the pebbles of distraction agitate the waters of your being. This is not to say ripples are to be ignored. Reaction is instinct and therefore justified. But not aggression. A mind that is bent on elimination lacks the capacity for compassion and reason. Beware the fool who remedies his guilt by interpreting another’s reaction as the catalyst. It is the aggressor who bares the responsibility for all acts of violence.Prepare your body to react, while demanding your mind be prepared to reason. Only in this balance will you be truly prepared. The light rewards those who recognize this lesson, and the dark consumes those who do not.​

SCAVENGER HERO
I see it, and I cannot turn my back to it. The darkness is rising in you, but you still have a choice. We all have a choice. We belong to one Galaxy, and it is a welcome place, if you choose to accept the light within you. But if your choice is the darkness, if your rage and hate consume what is left of the compassion in your soul, I will meet you face to face and defend the spark of hope that has ignited across the Galaxy. I will not let you destroy that which so many have fought for and preserved. Hope will survive.It is not too late. I believe there is good in you. I need you to believe it too. Show me I am right. Show me that my faith in kindness is not misplaced. There is but one path forward if peace is to prevail. We can lead the way, together. Or I will do it alone and mourn the day you were lost forever.​

FIRST-TIME CRUISER
She noticed me! She! Noticed! Me! And not just any “She” ...the quintessential, the preeminent, the exalted Songstress of all Shes! Breathe, breathe (takes a few deep breaths). You have no idea what this means to a songwriter like me. Think of it! First, she notices me, then she respects me and my music...next thing you know the whole Galaxy is fixated on her SINGING ONE OF MY SONGS! My name next to hers. My words in her mouth...okay, maybe that’s a little weird. What am I doing?! I’m wasting time. I’ve got to be ready with the perfect song; a lyric that captures all of the emotion and depth that a Diva like her deserves. A song that... (gets an idea and improvises lyrics to a simple tune) HEARTS POUND, THREE EYES MEET GLOWING, TWO SOULS COMPLETE HANDS CONNECT, A SIMPLE DANCE LEKKU TINGLE, LOVE HAS A ____ (thinking, then hears a suggestion from the crowd) Ooh.. Chance! That’s it! Love has a chance. Thank you, thank you. She’s gonna love it! She’s gonna love ME! And you can say you were there the moment it all started. Look out Galaxy, here I come!​

GALACTIC SUPERSTAR
Stuff?! These, are mine, Dah’ling! This extravagant mountain of cases, bags and boxes is mine. I don’t have “stuff”. There’s no “stuff” here. These are my things, my possessions, my valuables. If you’re looking for “stuff” you’d be well suited to inquire elsewhere. (softening) Oh, but you’re just doing your job, right? Just a poor little man, stuck on this wretched planet, put in charge of fondling strangers’ “stuff”. All those long, lonely nights waiting for some pitiful traveler to wander into your station so you might get some momentary joy from scrutinizing their “stuff”. Dah’ling, I’ve been there. Underappreciated. Taken for granted. Waiting for someone, anyone, to make eye contact and validate my existence. Hoping that my “stuff” would be good enough. But not anymore! Wherever I go, I’m recognized. Appreciated. Revered, an d admired. And no one lays a hand on my things. And no one refers to my things as “stuff”!​

dothebrdwalk

I wish to thank all of you for your cooperation today. The challenges faced on this mission have far exceeded anything I have witnessed in my 20 years aboard this vessel. Your quick action to defend the ship, and your aid in identifying the persons responsible for these interruptions has ensured that we will see our way peaceably through this unpredictable and dangerous situation. Thanks to the intelligence you’ve provided a small contingent of outlaws has been captured and are being questioned by my trusted crew as we speak.While I have truly appreciated your assistance, my first priority must remain your safety. There may yet be parties who seek to disrupt our passage, and I need you to allow my crew and me to deal with these potentially dangerous individuals. I don’t mean to alarm you; we’ve had enough of that already today. But it is possible you’ll encounter someone who you believe has less than noble intentions. If you do, please, calmly let one of us know and have faith that we will handle it. Your only mission from here out should be to enjoy time with your family and newfound friends. Please understand, this is not a request. It is an order, from a very grateful Captain.​

Look at all of these smiling faces! I’m...surprised if I’m to be totally honest. I mean, if I got a message asking me to go on a secret mission, knowing I’d be missing out on the fabulous food and activities on board this ship, I’d have been like, “Nah...I’m hyperspacing back to the buffet, thanks! Let me know how that works out for ya!” (pause) Okay, not entirely true. I’d probably be right there next to you.I’ve always followed the call to serve. Not in some overly devoted or pretentious way...I’ve just fed off of the positive energy you get when others are pleased with the job you’ve done. Simple, really. Like, if you’re happy, I’m happy. And happiness, well, it’s not as common as it used to be, so I’ve tried my best to fill that void.But the void, the darkness in the Galaxy, it’s growing. I can feel it. Creeping closer and closer to those I know and the things I love. I used to see it as a sort of momentary gloom. It’s not like that anymore. It’s more sinister, more intense and it casts a heavy shadow over everything I thought to be true and just. It threatens to remove all signs of the happiness I once tended. I am moved to the need, driven to make a difference. I feel the call to stand. To fight! And I’m asking you to join me. I’ll never stop wishing for happiness and joy. But when wishes fall short, I’ll be a soldier of positive and righteous actions. Let it be today...Let today be different.​

FIRST ORDER LIEUTENANT
It has come to my attention that there is a traitor amongst you. Resistance scum hiding in plain sight and striving to undo the efforts of the First Order. Allow me to be clear...crystal, as it were. This saboteur shall be dealt with, and swiftly. You may be thinking your tracks have been sufficiently covered, that your misdeeds are undetectable. Your assumptions could not be farther from the truth. Moments ago, I directed my storm troopers to intensify the reconnaissance of those who had demonstrated irregular behavior, and I am pleased to report, we have narrowed down our list of potential suspects to the occupants of this room. And so, an opportunity presents itself. Step forward an d offer information the First Order would find useful or stand in the shadows hoping to avoid my gaze. (pause) Your collective silence has forced me into a particularly weighty predicament. I ca n either spend my day nosing out the villain, or I ca n save myself the time and extinguish you all. Decisions, decisions, decisions...​

It seems we have found ourselves in a “delicate” situation. You need me in order to gain access to the ship’s manifest, and I need...that is to say, I am “motivated” to shelter that access from certain parties aboard this vessel. Now, you could try to sway me with testimonials and declarations in an attempt to confirm your allegiance to this cause, or that. And I could spin my energies on countless connections and networks to establish your integrity. Or...you could prove yourself and allay my suspicions with one deed. A test if you will.If, as you claim, you have the fortitude and means to deliver; if your bowels are an unwavering mix of beskar and nerve; if your request is more than a passing fancy...this test will be the echoing proof that you are worthy of my assistance. If, on the other hand, the mere scent of a skirmish drives you into the shadows, well (slight chuckle), that would tell its own story, now wouldn’t it.So, we can tip-toe around each other until I get bored, or you can step into the light and accept my challenge. You see, I am a man of action. What remains to be seen is...are you?​

SHIP MECHANIC
Oh, hey there. I, uh, didn’t expect anyone to be in here at this late hour. Actually, never thought I’d be here at this late hour, but when the Captain says “Hey, get it done”, you gotta be like, “Sure, on my way” and then you wonder down into the...Sorry, I’m rambling, but I’m super glad you’re here! See, I’m trying to get this, uh, airlock to release. Tricky business on account of the pressure backed up in the insulator coupling. My instructor always said, “Make sure you’ve got an extra hand on hand” ...now I know what she was talking about. Do you mind giving me a...well, a hand? (snickers) If you turn it to the wall while I trigger the... Hey! Where ya going? Wait, wait! I can explain. I know what you’re thinking. “That’s not an insulator coupling”, and you’re right...it’s not. And this isn’t an airlock either. There’s not even an airlock in this room! (hushed) Truth is, Captain sent me here to override the rhydonium pump and perform a lock-out on the hyper drive. Super-secret mission ‘cause she doesn’t want that new Lieutenant to know. I get it. It’s suspicious. You have every right to be, I mean, but you shouldn’t be, but I understand why you are...suspicious. But what do you say? Ca n you help me out?​

SABER TRAINER
In times such as these, center yourself. Your physical presence in the Galaxy can be a beacon of hope to those who share your desire for peace and tranquility. But unfocused, that presence is exposed and vulnerable...susceptible to be drawn in by the darker energies that tempt the ill-prepared.In the words of Dejammy Shallon, “When the pond is disturbed, we cannot see within. When the pond is still, we can see with clarity.” Let not the pebbles of distraction agitate the waters of your being. This is not to say ripples are to be ignored. Reaction is instinct and therefore justified. But not aggression. A mind that is bent on elimination lacks the capacity for compassion and reason. Beware the fool who remedies his guilt by interpreting another’s reaction as the catalyst. It is the aggressor who bares the responsibility for all acts of violence.Prepare your body to react, while demanding your mind be prepared to reason. Only in this balance will you be truly prepared. The light rewards those who recognize this lesson, and the dark consumes those who do not.​

SCAVENGER HERO
I see it, and I cannot turn my back to it. The darkness is rising in you, but you still have a choice. We all have a choice. We belong to one Galaxy, and it is a welcome place, if you choose to accept the light within you. But if your choice is the darkness, if your rage and hate consume what is left of the compassion in your soul, I will meet you face to face and defend the spark of hope that has ignited across the Galaxy. I will not let you destroy that which so many have fought for and preserved. Hope will survive.It is not too late. I believe there is good in you. I need you to believe it too. Show me I am right. Show me that my faith in kindness is not misplaced. There is but one path forward if peace is to prevail. We can lead the way, together. Or I will do it alone and mourn the day you were lost forever.​

FIRST-TIME CRUISER
She noticed me! She! Noticed! Me! And not just any “She” ...the quintessential, the preeminent, the exalted Songstress of all Shes! Breathe, breathe (takes a few deep breaths). You have no idea what this means to a songwriter like me. Think of it! First, she notices me, then she respects me and my music...next thing you know the whole Galaxy is fixated on her SINGING ONE OF MY SONGS! My name next to hers. My words in her mouth...okay, maybe that’s a little weird. What am I doing?! I’m wasting time. I’ve got to be ready with the perfect song; a lyric that captures all of the emotion and depth that a Diva like her deserves. A song that... (gets an idea and improvises lyrics to a simple tune) HEARTS POUND, THREE EYES MEET GLOWING, TWO SOULS COMPLETE HANDS CONNECT, A SIMPLE DANCE LEKKU TINGLE, LOVE HAS A ____ (thinking, then hears a suggestion from the crowd) Ooh.. Chance! That’s it! Love has a chance. Thank you, thank you. She’s gonna love it! She’s gonna love ME! And you can say you were there the moment it all started. Look out Galaxy, here I come!​

GALACTIC SUPERSTAR
Stuff?! These, are mine, Dah’ling! This extravagant mountain of cases, bags and boxes is mine. I don’t have “stuff”. There’s no “stuff” here. These are my things, my possessions, my valuables. If you’re looking for “stuff” you’d be well suited to inquire elsewhere. (softening) Oh, but you’re just doing your job, right? Just a poor little man, stuck on this wretched planet, put in charge of fondling strangers’ “stuff”. All those long, lonely nights waiting for some pitiful traveler to wander into your station so you might get some momentary joy from scrutinizing their “stuff”. Dah’ling, I’ve been there. Underappreciated. Taken for granted. Waiting for someone, anyone, to make eye contact and validate my existence. Hoping that my “stuff” would be good enough. But not anymore! Wherever I go, I’m recognized. Appreciated. Revered, an d admired. And no one lays a hand on my things. And no one refers to my things as “stuff”!​
am i crazy or this doesn't sound very star wars lol

Movielover

FIRST ORDER LIEUTENANT

SHIP MECHANIC

SABER TRAINER

SCAVENGER HERO

FIRST-TIME CRUISER

GALACTIC SUPERSTAR
Love this! I'm so excited!

Is it too much to ask for the Galacatic Superstar to look and act like Chris Tucker from The Fifth Element?

1620178152724.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom