The Mandalorian

erasure fan1

That's a lot of hyperbole. First off, Filoni and Favreau are in charge of the show so it's their decision. Second, the whole "Kennedy doesn't want anything to do with the Skywalkers" is nonsense.
Well the sequels called and disagree. Kennedy has absolutely made it clear she wanted to move past the Skywalkers.
But as far as Grogu being in future Mandalorian seasons? Absolute, 100% YES. And Luke will appear as well. They struck gold. They are not going to sink that ship of gold.
You have more confidence in Lucasfilm than I do. They had gold from the start and they sunk that ship. So why would you think they care now? If they cared in the slightest about Luke, the Mandalorian portrayal would have been the Luke we got in the sequels in the first place. I have zero confidence we see any substantial Luke while Kennedy is around.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Empire Strikes Back was released in 1980.

If that was the pinnacle for Star Wars, perhaps it's time to accept these are imperfect movies/shows and lower expectations a little.

Coming from someone who has managed to find enjoyment in everything Star Wars, and not be in a perpetual state of anger at the franchise because the prequels or sequels (take your pick) weren't the greatest things in the history of movies.

you’re projecting...

stories written with 3 parts (beginning, conflict, end...not hard. Shakespeare could do it and he didn’t even have google), plausible characters and situations that can at least be appreciated in the moment??

too much, huh? There’s never gonna be a hope for any fantasy, sci fi, fantasy, ehh?

the “anger” has been generated by “suck”...period. Acceptance is the first step in healing.

you know how to “fix it”? Call for change...raise your standards.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well the sequels called and disagree. Kennedy has absolutely made it clear she wanted to move past the Skywalkers.

You have more confidence in Lucasfilm than I do. They had gold from the start and they sunk that ship. So why would you think they care now? If they cared in the slightest about Luke, the Mandalorian portrayal would have been the Luke we got in the sequels in the first place. I have zero confidence we see any substantial Luke while Kennedy is around.

As far as the skywalker thing goes...again...for the 100th time...everyone should read the Michael Arndt interview with the SWGA about the “directives” for force awakens.

they were instructed to “kill the past”...which by default means killing what made it popular in the first place.

Hollywood malfeasance...at a minimum

Last edited:

erasure fan1

As far as the skywalker thing goes...again...for the 100th team...everyone should read the Michael Arndt interview with the SWGA about the “directives” for force awakens.

they were instructed to “kill the past”...which by default means killing what made it popular in the first place.

Hollywood malfeasance...at a minimum
Yes. I'm not sure why some can't see what the play was. There is enough smoke to see there is a fire.

Empire Strikes Back was released in 1980.

If that was the pinnacle for Star Wars, perhaps it's time to accept these are imperfect movies/shows and lower expectations a little.

Coming from someone who has managed to find enjoyment in everything Star Wars, and not be in a perpetual state of anger at the franchise because the prequels or sequels (take your pick) weren't the greatest things in the history of movies.
I would agree,however the Mandalorian has been great and it showed that Star Wars can still be good and entertaining and the sequels did neither for me and a lot of other people
that’s just the easiest one to refer too...

treverrow quitting would be the second...comments/attitudes of the actors the third...

plenty of “smoke”
I don’t think something that doesn’t want to get rid of the skywalker storyline would consciously do what they did to luke in the trash Jedi

Last edited:

G00fyDad

you mean like the empire strikes back?

solid movie that holds up...not nominated for best picture...

like dat?

Yeah. They. Are. Not. Documentaries. Or. Best. Films. These new Star Wars movies are not going to win a Best Picture. ;) If you want an example of how stupid the Oscars can be by nominating and selecting crap movies I'd point you to The Sound of Music winning in 65. But more to my point, they are never going to be as good as some of the best films out there. They are sci-fi movies. Go. Watch them. Enjoy yourself.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah. They. Are. Not. Documentaries. Or. Best. Films. These new Star Wars movies are not going to win a Best Picture. ;) If you want an example of how stupid the Oscars can be by nominating and selecting crap movies I'd point you to The Sound of Music winning in 65. But more to my point, they are never going to be as good as some of the best films out there. They are sci-fi movies. Go. Watch them. Enjoy yourself.

gotta raise the bar...can’t spend $1 billion on making movies that bad. It was amateur hour.

we don’t have to belabor it...but don’t make excuses for behemoth Disney royally screwing up by changing the subject, ignoring it, or claiming “they know better”

they don’t...the proof is in the product.

G00fyDad

gotta raise the bar...can’t spend $1 billion on making movies that bad. It was amateur hour.

we don’t have to belabor it...but don’t make excuses for behemoth Disney royally screwing up by changing the subject, ignoring it, or claiming “they know better”

they don’t...the proof is in the product.

Okay. To each their own I guess. I liked the new trilogy. The Prequels were okay for me. Just okay. I could have done without the horrible acting of Lloyd and Christiansen and let's not even get started on Jar Jar. But the movies are just that to me. Movies. I go to watch something fun and I (like millions of others) find them fun. That being said, The Mandalorian is AMAZING and of course I can tell it is well written. I just hope the other Star Wars live action shows are just as good.

khlaylav

Ok now that the same ol' arguments have come back again (joy), I'll just say I'm more interested in the Book of Boba Fett. Mostly because it's the one that's actually supposed to come out this year.

doctornick

Ok now that the same ol' arguments have come back again (joy), I'll just say I'm more interested in the Book of Boba Fett. Mostly because it's the one that's actually supposed to come out this year.

I don't think we've ever gotten any particular indication as to when Season 3 of Mandalorian will be released, have we?

I actually think the news that Loki will be coming out on Wednesdays might indicate a shift for Disney+ to release content on different days each week which would make them more willing/likely to release two "big" shows at the same times, but on different days each week. So, maybe we could see Book of Boba Fett and The Mandalorian overlap in terms of their release timeframe?

I don't think we've ever gotten any particular indication as to when Season 3 of Mandalorian will be released, have we?

I actually think the news that Loki will be coming out on Wednesdays might indicate a shift for Disney+ to release content on different days each week which would make them more willing/likely to release two "big" shows at the same times, but on different days each week. So, maybe we could see Book of Boba Fett and The Mandalorian overlap in terms of their release timeframe?
It’s filming in august apparently,so I would guess like July or August 2022 so most likely after Andor and Kenobi

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

The Book of Boba Fett is set for a December 2021 release.

Season 3 of The Mandalorian is currently set for a super-specific "first half of 2022" release.

khlaylav

I would suggest by its very nature BoBF will be different from Mando.

Mando from the beginning involved a lot of "globe-trotting." While they would revisit locations in certain episodes, most episodes would follow Mando as a mercenary going from place to place.

If BoBF is what it feels like it would be (a crime based show about Boba taking over Jabba's place in the criminal underworld), that in itself will be different from the show before. Like how Clone Wars saw a lot of different planets across its arcs while Seasons 1 and 4 of Rebels were primarily set on Lothal, and Resistance (which, honestly I never watched) concerned whatever space station it was set on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom