Is there any news on the Epcot monorail?

orky8

So usually max capacity is however many stations are available. So that would be 5 on express and 5 on resort, but right now it’s only 4 until Poly station reopens. Currently they are taking 2 trains offline at a time for refurbs which leaves 10 available. So doesn’t seem likely they would want to strain the system until all trains are back in service and can be loaded pre Covid levels.

OK, so at the moment that means 8 trains running express/resort, and 4 trains left. 2 or 3 of those trains should be running Epcot right now. By the time the Poly station comes back online, distancing measures will be at worst three feet (if at all), which since the radius of most Americans is greater than 18 inches, pretty much means back to normal.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

OK, so at the moment that means 8 trains running express/resort, and 4 trains left. 2 or 3 of those trains should be running Epcot right now. By the time the Poly station comes back online, distancing measures will be at worst three feet (if at all), which since the radius of most Americans is greater than 18 inches, pretty much means back to normal.
8 trains running, 2 under refurbishment, 2 leftover. They could use those 2 at Epcot but 1)don’t have the staff, 2) not enough wiggle room if a train goes out of service during the day

orky8

8 trains running, 2 under refurbishment, 2 leftover. They could use those 2 at Epcot but 1)don’t have the staff, 2) not enough wiggle room if a train goes out of service during the day

Yeah, I get it, but these excuses are unacceptable. Refurb one train at a time. Bring back the staff. 2 left over... That's like saying WDW would leave a perfectly operable new D(ish)-ticket ride sitting on standby b/c they don't care about the guest experience. Folks don't pay top dollar to stay at the MK resorts to have no fireworks and take busses to Epcot. Oh wait, actually... I'm going in June and the Epcot monorail is probably one of my top 5 experiences on property, so this makes me very angry and their excuses are just that to me.

peter11435

Yeah, I get it, but these excuses are unacceptable. Refurb one train at a time. Bring back the staff. 2 left over... That's like saying WDW would leave a perfectly operable new D(ish)-ticket ride sitting on standby b/c they don't care about the guest experience. Folks don't pay top dollar to stay at the MK resorts to have no fireworks and take busses to Epcot. Oh wait, actually... I'm going in June and the Epcot monorail is probably one of my top 5 experiences on property, so this makes me very angry and their excuses are just that to me.
The Epcot line can’t be brought back online until they can get the capacity of the trains back to normal. As long as they are running trains at reduced capacity due to physical distancing, the Epcot line can’t operate.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The Epcot line can’t be brought back online until they can get the capacity of the trains back to normal. As long as they are running trains at reduced capacity due to physical distancing, the Epcot line can’t operate.
Meanwhile in NYC on the busiest subway system in the world, you have people crawling over each other. (Also never had a covid outbreak directly attributed to the NYC subway as well.)

peter11435

Can’t. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
I’m well aware of what can’t means.

Sure there is nothing legally or physically preventing them from opening. But operationally they CAN’T. It actually is justifiable.

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
158 MTA workers died from Covid in nyc.
Not attributable to riding the subway. The MTA is also busses bridges and tunnels, not to mention positions which are not public facing mass transit operations.

And even if it was 158 transit workers. How many millions ride the subway annually?

jt04

I’m well aware of what can’t means.

Sure there is nothing legally or physically preventing them from opening. But operationally they CAN’T. It actually is justifiable.

The MK loop is operating so clearly they can. Not arguing, just not seeing the logic. My guess is they want all the trains refurbished before reopening the line. One thing to check off the list as Oct 1st approaches.

mgf

Just tossing out the ride time one way on the EPCOT loop is 15 minutes, which is the standard exposure duration for the vast majority of contract tracing programs. It could just be that Disney has chosen to remove a situation that would have an elevated transmission risk. Once the train is in motion they cannot monitor masking behavior or control air flows (without modifying to lock the windows open, which perhaps they have done).

peter11435

The MK loop is operating so clearly they can. Not arguing, just not seeing the logic. My guess is they want all the trains refurbished before reopening the line. One thing to check off the list as Oct 1st approaches.
As I said they physically could operate. But operationally they can’t. Think about it... who rides the monorail to Epcot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom