Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

MarvelCharacterNerd

"Calling all Super Hero recruits! We recently shared first-look images of Avengers Campus, opening at Disney California Adventure park on June 4. Today, I’m excited to take you back inside of Avengers Campus for a closer look at just some of the details you may come across as you visit the different addresses. But first, did you know that Campus stands for Centralized Assembly Mobilized to Prepare, Unite, and Safeguard? Now you know!

The main entrance to the land is located adjacent to the Worldwide Engineering Brigade – also known as WEB, however, the land also features a back entrance just outside of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, one of the land’s anchor attractions. Touring this area, I discovered a curious substance.

Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!

A late addition to the Campus, Taneleer Tivan, a.k.a. the Collector, placed his Fortress against its edges. This placement warped the ground immediately surrounding the alien stronghold causing a cosmic disruption to ooze from the ground below. Hues of blues, purples and yellows glow in the daylight. Pretty rad, huh?

Terran Treats

Nearby, The Collector is also curating a weird and wonderful menu of intergalactic eats at the Terran Treats food cart. Just one of his curious creations, the Sweet Spiral Ration Churros will feature unique and unexpected flavors. You never know what you’re going to get, but trust me, they are delicious!

Pym Test Kitchen featuring Impossible™

Around the corner, Pym Test Kitchen featuring Impossible™ is a food innovation science lab where the food and drinks tell a story. As we’ve shared before, just as Ant-Man and The Wasp use “Pym Particles” to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Technologies applies this innovative science to the creation of inventive-sized foods, like the pretzels that grow and shrink as they pass through the quantum tunnel. This logic also applies to the beverages and condiments, seen here overhead in the beverage and condiment station. No appetite is too big or too small here!

Avengers Headquarters at Disney California Adventure park

Back outside, we come to the heart of the land – Avengers Headquarters, where you will find the emblematic Avengers “A” on the building and surrounding areas. At Avengers HQ, you may catch a glimpse of the Avengers springing into action, ready to save the day. A shining Quinjet sits atop its roof as a beacon for the campus.

The Orb of Cagliostro

Close by, but what feels like is located in another dimension are the overgrown ruins of an Ancient Sanctum. For as long as anyone can remember, rumors of unexplained events and energies have emanated from this remote location. Here, you’ll learn mysterious secrets from Doctor Strange and discover ancient, magical artifacts. Pictured here, the Orb of Cagliostro is known to be especially active at night when it flows with magical energy!

sjdfsgfd004.jpg
sjdkfgsgf005.jpg

And for our final stop on today’s tour, we come to the front of the land. Back in the 1940s, Tony Stark’s father built a Stark Motors factory here in California, and decades later, Tony transformed the site into the Worldwide Engineering Brigade – also known as WEB. This is the place where bright innovators like Peter Parker have been assembled by Tony Stark to invent new technologies and equip everyday people to become heroes. While the Avengers themselves are sleek, organized, and structured, WEB is expressive, youthful and chaotic. You’ll notice this throughout WEB. For example, outside the former factory building, you can’t miss the colorful graffiti murals created by young recruits with a knack for the arts."

muppets kermit GIF

(With that reaction noted, I still feel some sympathy for the poor soul who had to describe colored pavement ooze as "Pretty rad, huh?" lol)

Also - if they're gonna give us Miles Morales' graffiti, I wish they'd give us Miles in a Meet & Greet, too, alternating with Peter Parker's Spider-Man!

Californian Elitist

Is this an actual thing in Avengers or a creation for the park? The acronym seems like a WDI parody, almost as bad as if they created a character called "Cody Campus" who founded the campus.
I'm pretty sure someone created this on the spot last night before the publication of that article today. But I bet they'll come up with backstory as to how that name came to be. Thor, Cap, Tony, and Bruce were having brunch at a local diner and bounced off ideas for names for their campus. Instead of coming up with a good, unique name, they decided to turn it into an acronym to make it easier on everyone and place it in California where all the Silicon Valley nerds are. Go, recruits!

It's just so criiiiiinnngggeee. We need the Hive to actually get together to roast this project. With every announcement, they give us more ammo. The roast will be succulent.

Sheesh.

Last edited:

waltography

Is this an actual thing in Avengers or a creation for the park? The acronym seems like a WDI parody, almost as bad as if they created a character called "Cody Campus" who founded the campus.
I viewed it as a parody of the MCU - when Avengers Campus was announced at D23 in 2019, they were already stylizing it in some marketing with the acronym, drawing from the same energy as SHIELD or SWORD.

I really don't think the backstory is meant to be taken seriously - you've got them referring to the carbon copies of the lands as part of the "Marvel Theme Park Universe"! I feel like at that point you're going full camp.

the_rich

I viewed it as a parody of the MCU - when Avengers Campus was announced at D23 in 2019, they were already stylizing it in some marketing with the acronym, drawing from the same energy as SHIELD or SWORD.

I really don't think the backstory is meant to be taken seriously - you've got them referring to the carbon copies of the lands as part of the "Marvel Theme Park Universe"! I feel like at that point you're going full camp.
That is 100% what it is meant to parody.

yensidtlaw1969

Is it much different than the supposed sewer trail in Liberty Square?
A little - the sewer trail isn't nearly as ostentatious. It just reads as a path to the average guest who doesn't know the true meaning. Assuming the average guest notices it at all.

The Guardians Goop is a much more "What the hell?" moment - it asks to be noticed but then offers no legible explanation for what it is or why it exists.

CaptinEO

A little - the sewer trail isn't nearly as ostentatious. It just reads as a path to the average guest who doesn't know the true meaning. Assuming the average guest notices it at all.

The Guardians Goop is a much more "What the hell?" moment - it asks to be noticed but then offers no legible explanation for what it is or why it exists.
This reminds me of how apparently Pleasure Island in Disney World needed plaques posted on the wall to explain the detailed backstory of each night club.

Maybe Disney can put QR Codes all over the floor that when scanned tell you the backstory of the blue blood that's spilled all over the floor for a mile.

_caleb

Should have made a Avenger's Cafeteria where the heroes eat for lunch and you can see characters their getting their meals like shawarma and such
Maybe Universal is more your speed
6F440714-3464-424E-9D89-572FCFDBDCF7.jpeg

Can someone explain to me how Dr Strange’s area is an ancient supernatural site that ALSO happens to be in the campus that the Avengers have set up at California Adventure?
So you do want backstories? I can’t keep up
We need the Hive to actually get together to roast this project. With every announcement, they give us more ammo. The roast will be succulent.

Sheesh.
You should make that H.I.V.E.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

Just because tie-dye goo appeared in some funny books doesn't mean that you should feature it splattered on the pavement of a theme park for hipster kids dressing atrociously like 90s delinquents to pose on the ground next to. It looks like the entrails of Screech from Saved By the Bell.

"This will be such a great Easter Egg. It's really for the fans. Everywhere you turn. That tree right there is trimmed just like it appeared in issue 5 of Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom