Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Speedy71

I think the pushback you see is because there are some who frequent this site who are against any and all change in the parks and find something negative in absolutely everything Disney does and to be honest, it gets old. If the change and evolution of the parks makes anyone feel this much negativity in your life, it may be time to find a new passion.

It's fine to have one thing here or another there that you're not a fan of, but when you passionately dislike virtually everything they are doing, it's time to rethink things.
I for one just feel like all this effort going into this attraction should be directed somewhere more.............Deserving.

Screen-Shot-2015-12-29-at-3.31.38-PM.png

yetimove.gif

Last edited:

erasure fan1

It shouldn't matter why Disney is making certain changes, all that should matter is that the result is superior
Most everyone can agree on that. The problem is, Disney has a pretty terrible track record when it comes to this. Not many changes over the years outshine what was there before. So it's hard to blame anyone who is not happy when they announce a change. Especially when it comes to the classics.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So make everything a lot less entertaining but woke. About as good an idea as changing the dole whip recipe to liver and onions.

i don’t think imagineering’s problem is “forced wokeness”...I think their talent level has fallen and the demands of management to build “shorter” rides due to mismanaged crowds and investment strategies make a lot of things DOA

Stupido

I think it's interesting that they keep taking props away from scenes without replacing anything. Has anyone ridden Jungle Cruise in the past few days? What're the skippers saying through all of these empty scenes?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think it's interesting that they keep taking props away from scenes without replacing anything. Has anyone ridden Jungle Cruise in the past few days? What're the skippers saying through all of these empty scenes?
Why it’s open is beyond me?

oh wait...perhaps they have added 2 net attractions in 25 years as the attendance has grown 25%??

...nah...nevermind

AdventureHasAName

i don’t think imagineering’s problem is “forced wokeness”...I think their talent level has fallen and the demands of management to build “shorter” rides due to mismanaged crowds and investment strategies make a lot of things DOA

It's forced wokeness. There's a whole forced wokeness team at Imagineering - they call it the "Inclusive Strategies" team.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's forced wokeness. There's a whole forced wokeness team at Imagineering - they call it the "Inclusive Strategies" team.

of course there is...I know Disney’s game and it’s obvious.

have you noticed how they’ve tried to steer their movies into a upstream pattern?

but I think that mismanagement is a bigger deal than most Disney fans will admit.
Iger has made bad theme park choices...loads of them.
Well now he will start to get ripped emeritus as his predecessor did...

deservedly so.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It's the same wokeness in their media content for the past decade. The kind that has garnered them awards, billion dollar box offices, and high ratings from critics and audiences. If you're a free-market capitalist or stockholder... it's been a rousing success.

The parks' stories and themes are part of the content that Disney puts out. From now on, it's going to be inclusive. Unlike old, problematic movies that Disney doesn't release any more or slaps a warning label on or remakes, the stories and themes from park attractions are 'live' and actively telling their story day after day, guest by guest.

So, the attractions' contents are being updated to be more inclusive. In the end, most guests won't notice, just like they're eating up the inclusive content now being produced on TV, films, and stage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom