News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why would anybody do that?

You don't book a 3 night cruise and then get on the same ship for another 3 night cruise with the same itinerary.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Sounds terrible.
but surprisingly popular among avid cruisers. It comes up as a topic of discussion, poll question, etc. on almost every cruise forum. My wife and I don't cruise often, but I join the groups for info on excursions. I did not even know such a concept of back-to-back existed until it came up as a poll question.

FerretAfros

Every time someone says this isn't a normal hotel, my mind goes here:

amy-poehler-is-a-cool-mom-in-mean-girls.gif

Ripken10

but surprisingly popular among avid cruisers. It comes up as a topic of discussion, poll question, etc. on almost every cruise forum. My wife and I don't cruise often, but I join the groups for info on excursions. I did not even know such a concept of back-to-back existed until it came up as a poll question.
There is actually a following of people that just just from cruise ship to cruise ship. My mother (she was a travel agent) used to tell me of cruisers that didn't even own a home. They sold it and just lived from cruise ship to cruise ship. She always told me I would be surprised how many people actually did this.

Does make me wonder what those people are doing now...

UNCgolf

I still don't think calling it a cruise is an especially good comparison either. Cruises don't have a specific itinerary that's tied to a story (or at least most cruises don't; I'm sure there's some type of in character story-based cruise out there somewhere). You have a lot of freedom to do whatever you want out of the offerings. I don't think that will be the case on the Starcruiser.

I expect it to be to be heavily regimented far beyond what you'd experience on a standard cruise due to the themed story nature. You need everyone in specific places at specific times all throughout the day, at least based on the way they've been marketing it thus far.

Last edited:

CosmicRays

Wouldn't anyone who had such concerns not book?
I guess I mean what if you don't think you would have an issue or maybe just not realize its supposed to be an "experience". But yeah I would imagine with a little research you wouldn't book if its a concern. Im still on the fence- I do really want to experience because I think the idea is pretty awesome.

GimpYancIent

I guess I mean what if you don't think you would have an issue or maybe just not realize its supposed to be an "experience". But yeah I would imagine with a little research you wouldn't book if its a concern. Im still on the fence- I do really want to experience because I think the idea is pretty awesome.
Good question; What if a guest can not handle being enclosed and needs to get out are there going to be escape pods? or hatch? A rapid way out w out taking the rest of the guests out of the immersion experience.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Good question; What if a guest can not handle being enclosed and needs to get out are there going to be escape pods? or hatch? A rapid way out w out taking the rest of the guests out of the immersion experience.

ffs... do you not think there is any Cm access ways anywhere? If someone is having a medical situation there is cast around to assist.

Whats next.... how will they avoid breaking immersion when the fire alarm goes off?

You guys are just digging and digging trying to tear this down for no reason.

CosmicRays

ffs... do you not think there is any Cm access ways anywhere? If someone is having a medical situation there is cast around to assist.

Whats next.... how will they avoid breaking immersion when the fire alarm goes off?

You guys are just digging and digging trying to tear this down for no reason.
I don’t see it as tearing down, just curiosity questions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom