Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

_caleb

Sounds to me like a very good example of the kind of storytelling that works best for this sort of ride. It’s classic Disney: sight gags, loosely-related vignettes, and lots to look at (like HM and PotC) rather than a scene-by-scene book report or the dreaded “...and something goes wrong!”

I’m looking forward to this!

celluloid

Sounds to me like a very good example of the kind of storytelling that works best for this sort of ride. It’s classic Disney: sight gags, loosely-related vignettes, and lots to look at (like HM and PotC) rather than a scene-by-scene book report or the dreaded “...and something goes wrong!”

I’m looking forward to this!

From what has been stated in PR related things, I find it to be more of the opposite. Now they want to have a stronger connection between the vignettes and things get progressively worse for the humans touring the jungle.

RSoxNo1

The last time I was on Jungle Cruise our skipper sang "its a Small World" during the temple scene
I've seen that done, also "There is no Earthly way of knowing..."

As they approach the snakes, "Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?" Followed by, "Monkeys, why did it have to be monkeys?"

Towards the end of the temple, "Behold, frozen in time, the steps of the Macarena"

_caleb

From what has been stated in PR related things, I find it to be more of the opposite. Now they want to have a stronger connection between the vignettes and things get progressively worse for the humans touring the jungle.
Hmm. I guess we’ll have to wait to see which way it goes. I’m ok with the scenes being tied together in a sort of progression as long as it’s not supposed to be the same chimps/monkeys in each scene.

Seems like HM and PotC are similar in that there is supposed to be some increasing sense of “peril” for the guests on the ride.

celluloid

Hmm. I guess we’ll have to wait to see which way it goes. I’m ok with the scenes being tied together in a sort of progression as long as it’s not supposed to be the same chimps/monkeys in each scene.

Seems like HM and PotC are similar in that there is supposed to be some increasing sense of “peril” for the guests on the ride.

I would disagree about Haunted Mansion, that one is mostly reversed. (pirates bounces of course back and forth with the intended things to come doom) With The Haunted Mansion it goes from grim and mostly unseen forces to the ghosts revealing themselves and receiving your sympathetic vibrations.

_caleb

I would disagree about Haunted Mansion, that one is mostly reversed. (pirates bounces of course back and forth with the intended things to come doom) With The Haunted Mansion it goes from grim and mostly unseen forces to the ghosts revealing themselves and receiving your sympathetic vibrations.
Good point about HM being the reverse. Hopefully the Jungle Cruise will keep it at “meanwhile, elsewhere in the jungle”-level connections between scenes. I’m ok with “uh, oh—looks like other tour groups didn’t make it!“ level narrative.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I, for one, am not enamoured by the Jungle Cruise - Under New Management. The ride becomes too self-referential. Replete with endless insider references. Less about taking a jungle cruise, more about riding the Jungle Cruise. (Perhaps less UNM, and more 'Journey into Your Jungle Cruise')

You never leave the MK, the ride is about taking a ride. Where's the escapism, the exoticism?
Cap'n Redd stole them the last time she plundered the Rivers of the World.
1619525764978.png

Max Duane

Since Trader Sam is gone due to him being “offensive”, I assume the dancing natives are the next victims and will have a date with the chopping block at some point as these changes take place?
honestly I’m surprised they weren’t first on the chopping block considering their more serious nature.

my hot take: I love the changes and want to see more for Jungle Cruise. The last two times I’ve visited MK, the ride just wasn’t very enjoyable for me. The animatronics need work, and the lighting when riding at night just felt too flat. Hopefully they add some effects in the tunnel like at TDR.

as memorable of a character as Sam was, I’m not mad about his removal at all. it was literally just an animatronic for a ride that had little cohesive story to begin with, so I see no problem with replacing him with a more elaborate final scene.

I mean they’re still using the Trader Sam name for both this and the restaurants, so it’s not like they’re throwing it away all together, just reimagining an existing character. A name like “Trader Sam” could mean a lot of things, especially if any more development in the SEA side of the Disney Parks occur (I think a series is in development).

Honestly I’m just way more excited to finally see new scenes added to Jungle Cruise. It’s a ride that has such a loose story to work off of that you could really get creative with them.

Unbanshee

Skulls have been removed from the native scene:
View attachment 552329

Here's what it looked like before:

View attachment 552330

Not sure how you guys still get away with posting images from a site that's not allowed here, but I've found that if that *other* site has photos, there's a good chance that Blog Mickey already has photos. From what I gather, Blog Mickey is still allowed here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom