DCL could sail from England as early as May 17!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
There is more info up on the site now. Marvel and Frozen nights, one stage show, character “events”. Nothing about having to book these yet. Also I believe the U.K. guidelines say no more than one third or 1000 rooms can be booked, whichever is lower.

Primarily everyone over the age of 18 must be fully vaccinated, with the last short at least 7 days before sailing. Crucially though it doesn’t yet say how guests will prove this, it just says D L will contact guests beforehand to tell them how to do so.

That really means a lot of families won’t be able to book. The U.K. should have offered all adults their first shot by the end of June, but with a 12 week gap between first and second shots that means a lot of the 18-50 year olds won’t be fully vaccinated in time.

Plus there is no “proof” of vaccination here. No card with dates and stamps, nothing. Vaccination passports are a “maybe” and not before June at the earliest. The only way to prove that you’ve been vaccinated is to get a copy of your health record from your GP - and I have no idea how long that would take or whether they’re even doing that right now.

We have cards issued at the first shot here. Then updated at the second. Thought it was the same on the big Island.

nickys

Premium Member
We have cards issued at the first shot here. Then updated at the second. Thought it was the same on the big Island.
Not here, and none of my friends in England have them either. Some health boards might issue them though.

We do get the appointment letters. But that doesn’t show that you actually went for the second shot.

DCL’s biggest problem is that for someone who only gets called in June, it’ll be September before they’ll have shot #2. Sailings start mid July, Scottish schools go back mid August and English schools early September. I wonder whether DCL will end up cancelling some early sailings if they don’t have enough guests booked. Or will they go ahead as a trial?

nickys

Premium Member
So more details ....

One show performance each noght
Kids club restrictions
And you will have one dining table for the duration, so no rotational dining.

As a potential first timer I’d be unhappy if I can’t try animators palette.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So more details ....

One show performance each noght
Kids club restrictions
And you will have one dining table for the duration, so no rotational dining.

As a potential first timer I’d be unhappy if I can’t try animators palette.
Wouldn't sail under those conditions. Just not what we have come to like about DCL.

rustincohle

The proof of vaccination ask is very surprising and strikes me as someone from the US imposing a rule on the UK. We're taking 12 weeks to fully vaccinate, rather than 4 in the US, meaning a giant swathe of their customer base will have had 1 jab but not 2.

Also, I believe it's end of July for all adults' first jab, not June.

Last edited:

cjkeating

A couple of points about jabs...
I've had my first jab and I got a small card with the date and everyone else I know who has had one also has the card.
The jab also appears on the NHS app after about a week.

And my view on the purpose of these cruises...
I think for DCL this is very much the 'test and adjust' cruises to help them be prepared for the resumption of the other three ships. Therefore I think DCL will start with very tight restrictions and over time ease them like they have done in the parks assuming they don't have COVID outbreaks. This goes along with them not being too worried about how full they are, they just want a ship sailing.

nickys

Premium Member
A couple of points about jabs...
I've had my first jab and I got a small card with the date and everyone else I know who has had one also has the card.
The jab also appears on the NHS app after about a week.

And my view on the purpose of these cruises...
I think for DCL this is very much the 'test and adjust' cruises to help them be prepared for the resumption of the other three ships. Therefore I think DCL will start with very tight restrictions and over time ease them like they have done in the parks assuming they don't have COVID outbreaks. This goes along with them not being too worried about how full they are, they just want a ship sailing.
Which NHS app? Do you mean the tracing app or something else?

My friends I’ve chatted to are in various places from south coast, the cotswolds, London and north of London.

They, like me, got a folded card with a space to write the date for your next one - or the date by which you should have it.

cjkeating

Which NHS app? Do you mean the tracing app or something else?

My friends I’ve chatted to are in various places from south coast, the cotswolds, London and north of London.

They, like me, got a folded card with a space to write the date for your next one - or the date by which you should have it.
The NHS App you can find here, it is not eh contract tracing app, it holds all of your medical reports, appointments etc.

And this is the card I am talking about...
1619258422749.png

Yes it can easily be faked but if we don't have COVID passports I'm not sure what they are going to ask for other than the card or the record in the app? Unless like you say you can get a letter from your doctor? As with everything paper based it can be faked. I think the app record is the most legitimate but again fakeable.

nickys

Premium Member
The NHS App you can find here, it is not eh contract tracing app, it holds all of your medical reports, appointments etc.

And this is the card I am talking about...
View attachment 551646
Yes it can easily be faked but if we don't have COVID passports I'm not sure what they are going to ask for other than the card or the record in the app? Unless like you say you can get a letter from your doctor? As with everything paper based it can be faked. I think the app record is the most legitimate but again fakeable.
I’ll have to see if NHS Scotland have an app like that one then. But no cards.

cjkeating

I’ll have to see if NHS Scotland have an app like that one then. But no cards.
The app is surprisingly good... it can tell me what vacations I had as a child 20-30 years ago! Or when I got medicine for a cough when I was 3! Some poor person must have digitalised all my records?!

I just thought... maybe they'll accept the vaccine sticker! 😅 I hope you got those in Scotland?

1619258925145.png

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
The app is surprisingly good... it can tell me what vacations I had as a child 20-30 years ago! Or when I got medicine for a cough when I was 3! Some poor person must have digitalised all my records?!

I just thought... maybe they'll accept the vaccine sticker! 😅I hope you got those in Scotland?

View attachment 551647
Just checked, we don’t have an equivalent app. We have NHS Inform, but it’s just information about our rights to health care etc.

No, didn’t even get a sticker. Or a lollipop. 😔

nickys

Premium Member
We don’t have money to waste on frivolities like stickers, ya know! 😉

Thing is, I wouldn’t be surprised if Scotland ends up with a decent digital vaccine passport of some kind. The COVID-19 vaccination data is being held on one central database. Easy enough to get a credit card with a PIN to access your own record. But it may not be in time for this summer, since I don’t think they are in any hurry to allow foreign travel in or out.

cjkeating

Just spotted this “On 2-night cruises, Guests will not be able to experience all restaurants aboard the ship.” So looks like rotational dining is happening.

nickys

Premium Member
Just spotted this “On 2-night cruises, Guests will not be able to experience all restaurants aboard the ship.” So looks like rotational dining is happening.
I think that’s under the general Magic ship info, that also mentions character meet and greets and stuff that we know isn’t happening.

This is the wording I saw:

Guests will be assigned to the same table and service team for dinner, with one family or travel party per table.

flynnibus

Premium Member
To be fair it doesn’t actually say that. But it does say you’ll keep the same table. So I’m making what seems tome to be a reasonable assumption.

Seems the most arbitrary. I’d be 10x more concerned about the kids club or the elevators... not the table someone sat at 24hrs ago. What about the buffet?

I mean they already have started to downplay the significance of surface transfer here.

nickys

Premium Member
Seems the most arbitrary. I’d be 10x more concerned about the kids club or the elevators... not the table someone sat at 24hrs ago. What about the buffet?

I mean they already have started to downplay the significance of surface transfer here.
No buffets.
Everything has to be booked via the app, one kids club session per day, the show, aqua slide, lounges etc.

Even with the reduced capacity you could miss out on almost everything. I’m wondering just how much time you might have to spend in your cabin waiting for your 8pm slot at the lounge. Could be a lot of room service and long waits if there isn’t enough public space indoors.

Maybe they’ll supply free blankets so you can sit out on the deck in the evening? The basketball court has been “transformed into an extra sun deck”. This is the U.K. we’re talking about. 🤣🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom