What did you do?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Got my 2nd Moderna shot on Tuesday - slept a LOT the last 2 days and moved yesterdays run to today. Feeling 100% this morning

35 minutes straight running with 4x1 pick-ups - 2.76 @ 13:07/mi
I got my 2nd Moderna shot on Tuesday too and same, I was in slow mode yesterday and slept most of it.
Lots of pollen here today, rained last night so yellow guys everywhere... Running tomorrow instead.

Surferboy567

Today was the last maintenance run in my training plan. It was bittersweet, I am excited to get a break from a training plan but it was also nice to have a structured plan. This leaves just one more run until my training plan is officially complete. The last run will be one final long run even though it won’t be that long of a run. Here are the stats from today’s maintenance run. Little more then a 5K distance.

Time: 42:40
Distance: 3.32
Avg Pace: 12:51

At the conclusion of my training plan, I am working on a large post as kind of an overview of my entire training plan. Was going back and forth, but given I don’t think their will be another plan like this when I was able to chain so many races together I feel like it could be interesting.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Got my 2nd Moderna shot on Tuesday - slept a LOT the last 2 days and moved yesterdays run to today. Feeling 100% this morning
I got my 2nd Moderna shot on Tuesday too and same, I was in slow mode yesterday and slept most of it.
Lots of pollen here today, rained last night so yellow guys everywhere... Running tomorrow instead.
Just got my 2nd dose as well. As I said before, that is why I moved my Rival Run up a week.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
2.3 miles this morning broken up with a little swinging break

A36AEE4E-8437-47A3-8846-9BC693AB9F99.jpeg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Taper-week!! In-person half on Sunday the 25th! Humidity is back in FL so I took it indoors to the treadmill

Saturday - 5 mile progression run no walking - started at a 4.3 speed and bumped it up every mile - ended 4.7 and a 13:24/mi average

Today - 35 minute easy run no walking. 2.6 @ 13:32/mi

Surferboy567

I have been silent since my last update. I feel much better now, even yesterday I was feeling much better.

I plan to close out my training plan with a final run tomorrow. Then I will just continue to run as normal, more on that tomorrow.

Surferboy567

Today, marked the end of my training cycle. This was the first large scale exercise program I have ever taken. In the end though, the results were more then worth it.

More on that later during that big post I have been working on for a while. As kind of an overview.

I completed my last long run, finishing the training plan today. It was only long in name. The actual run was a little less then a 5K distance.

Time: 37:44
Distance: 3.02
Avg Pace: 12:29

Surferboy567

This is the beginning of a long post, detailing my journey over the past few months.

I wouldn’t normally post something like this in order to keep the thread more formatted. Given how much has happened in terms of personal growth in a few months though. I feel it is appropriate.

The Plan:

It was announced Wine & Dine would be virtual. Then slowly it was announced Marathon Weekend, Princess, and eventually the Rival Run would also become virtual.

This was my opportunity to finally complete some runDisney events. I had wanted to look into running an actual runDisney event but it never was really possible to line myself up with a race weekend down to WDW. The pandemic also insured I couldn’t do that.

So, I looked at runDisney’s website at took a look at Galloway’s 10K + Challenge plan. This was the plan I would use. I combined this with 15/30 intervals (15 run, 30 walk). Then I was off training.

The Process:

Stats:

Training Plans and Time Frame: October 20th 2020 - April 20th 2021
(25 - 26 weeks) Galloway Training (Non-Stop)
13 medals earned
20-25 lbs lost

Timeline:
Fairytale Challenge Training begins - October 20th 2020

Wine & Dine 10K (First 10K) - October 31st 2020
Time: 01:18:10
Distance: 6.23
Avg Pace: 12:32

Walt Disney World 10K - January 2nd 2021
Time: 01:14:38
Distance: 6.22
Avg Pace: 11:59

Walt Disney World Half Marathon (First Half Marathon) - January 9th 2021
Time: 02:40:43
Distance: 13.14
Avg Pace: 12:14

Princess 5K (Treadmill Edition) - February 19th 2021
Time: 34:51
Distance: 3.11
Avg Pace: 11:11

Princess Fairytale Challenge - February 20th and 21st 2021 (10K & Half)

Princess 10K (Treadmill Edition) - February 20th 2021
Time: 01:13:36
Distance: 6.24
Avg Pace: 11:47

Princess Half Marathon (Treadmill Edition) - February 21th 2021
Time: 02:36:11
Avg Pace: 11:53

Kessel Run Challenge Training begins - February 23rd 2021

Star Wars Kessel Run Challenge - March 21st, April 11th and 12th 2021 (Virtual Half Marathon, Rival Run Challenge 10K & Half)

Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon - March 21st 2021
Time: 02:45:21
Distance: 13.12
Avg Pace: 12:36

Star Wars Rival Run 5K - April 10th 2021
Time: 35:14
Distance: 3.12
Avg Pace: 11:18

Star Wars Rival Run 10K (Treadmill Edition) - April 11th 2021
Time: 01:11:30
Avg Pace: 11:29

Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon - April 12th 2021
Time: 02:43:47

Training ended April 20th 2021

What’s Next and Conclusion:

I never thought it was possible for me to run a 5K. Let alone, a half marathon. Still stunned I was able to train, and complete all these challenges in such a short timeframe.

I am not sure, if the circumstances will ever permit me to chain 10 races together. That is really one of the reasons I wanted to make this post. I really owe it to the fact their were virtual races available. It would be hard to plan trips out to Disney for one runDisney race weekend. Let alone 4. Virtual events enabled me to participate in every major race weekend (with at least one event).

I am also in the best shape I have ever been in my entire life thanks to runDisney.

Over the course of this training, 371.21 Miles were ran (factoring maintenance runs, long runs, and races).

So, what’s next? Not much is changing, I still plan to run three times a week. A little more then 3 miles each time.

As for races, I am currently registered for the runDisney Virtual Series Lion King Challenge. I’ll be doing one a month in the summer.

I plan on doing most runDisney races they become available. So if Wine & Dine happens to go virtual. I’ll likely go on another training plan and do the races I choose to. I tend to go for the challenges. Usually depending on the themes. Eventually, I want to get out to WDW and do an actual live race.

Last edited:

GenerationX

We've just entered that wonderful six month period (April - September) when I easily have enough light and warmth to run before breakfast, before lunch, or before dinner. And I've done one of each in the last week. Feels good.

One wacky thing I've been dealing with the last several months is overlapping toes. For some odd reason, my second toes on both feet are now overlapping my big toes. I've started wearing gel toe spacers and toe straps for as much of the day as I can tolerate, and I'm getting socks with separate toe sections. My shoes are not that tight, though I regularly wear "indoor" shoes all day because my feet are always cold. Any advice?

MrsPrice96

In the Parks
No
This is the beginning of a long post, detailing my journey over the past few months.

I wouldn’t normally post something like this in order to keep the thread more formatted. Given how much has happened in terms of personal growth in a few months though. I feel it is appropriate.

The Plan:

It was announced Wine & Dine would be virtual. Then slowly it was announced Marathon Weekend, Princess, and eventually the Rival Run would also become virtual.

This was my opportunity to finally complete some runDisney events. I had wanted to look into running an actual runDisney event but it never was really possible to line myself up with a race weekend down to WDW. The pandemic also insured I couldn’t do that.

So, I looked at runDisney’s website at took a look at Galloway’s 10K + Challenge plan. This was the plan I would use. I combined this with 15/30 intervals (15 run, 30 walk). Then I was off training.

The Process:

Stats:

Training Plans and Time Frame: October 20th 2020 - April 20th 2021
(25 - 26 weeks) Galloway Training (Non-Stop)
13 medals earned
20-25 lbs lost

Timeline:
Fairytale Challenge Training begins - October 20th 2020

Wine & Dine 10K (First 10K) - October 31st 2020
Time: 01:18:10
Distance: 6.23
Avg Pace: 12:32

Walt Disney World 10K - January 2nd 2021
Time: 01:14:38
Avg Pace: 11:59

Walt Disney World Half Marathon (First Half Marathon) - January 9th 2021
Time: 02:40:43
Avg Pace: 12:14

Princess 5K (Treadmill Edition) - February 19th 2021
Time: 34:51
Distance: 3.11
Avg Pace: 11:11

Princess Fairytale Challenge - February 20th and 21st 2021 (10K & Half)

Princess 10K (Treadmill Edition) - February 20th 2021
Time: 01:13:36
Distance: 6.24
Avg Pace: 11:47

Princess Half Marathon (Treadmill Edition) - February 21th 2021
Time: 02:36:11
Avg Pace: 11:53

Kessel Run Challenge Training begins - February 23rd 2021

Star Wars Kessel Run Challenge - March 21st, April 11th and 12th 2021 (Virtual Half Marathon, Rival Run Challenge 10K & Half)

Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon - March 21st 2021
Time: 02:45:21
Avg Pace: 12:36

Star Wars Rival Run 5K - April 10th 2021
Time: 35:14
Distance: 3.12
Avg Pace: 11:18

Star Wars Rival Run 10K (Treadmill Edition) - April 11th 2021
Time: 01:11:30
Avg Pace: 11:29

Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon - April 12th 2021
Time: 02:43:47

Training ended April 20th 2021

What’s Next and Conclusion:

I never thought it was possible for me to run a 5K. Let alone, a half marathon. Still stunned I was able to train, and complete all these challenges in such a short timeframe.

I am not sure, if the circumstances will ever permit me to chain 10 races together. That is really one of the reasons I wanted to make this post. I really owe it to the fact their were virtual races available. It would be hard to plan trips out to Disney for one runDisney race weekend. Let alone 4. Virtual events enabled me to participate in every major race weekend (with at least one event).

I am also in the best shape I have ever been in my entire life thanks to runDisney.

Over the course of this training, 371.21 Miles were ran (factoring maintenance runs, long runs, and races).

So, what’s next? Not much is changing, I still plan to run three times a week. A little more then 3 miles each time.

As for races, I am currently registered for the runDisney Virtual Series Lion King Challenge. I’ll be doing one a month in the summer.

I plan on doing most runDisney races they become available. So if Wine & Dine happens to go virtual. I’ll likely go on another training plan and do the races I choose to. I tend to go for the challenges. Usually depending on the themes. Eventually, I want to get out to WDW and do an actual live race.
WOW!!! Congratulations. That is awesome and inspires me!!! I am training for my first 5K. My daughter signed us up to do the Lion King Virtual 5K's and we are doing all 3. I am not a runner and never have been so this is WAY out of my comfort levels and abilities. My husband is military and super fit and my daughter does CrossFit and was also a former D1 athlete. This makes me stay away from working out but they are always encouraging me. I am NO WHERE near there level but am just beginning my journey.

Thanks for your post and inspiring me to keep at it one day at a time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom