Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullyinMT

The mass sites are closing in favor of fulfilling the goal of having a site within 5 miles of most of the population. NO excuse for not finding a place to get a jab
Real question: are those smaller sites filling appointments? I hope so, because on paper the concept is sound. Our big chain pharmacies are now mostly vaccine sites, but our county pace has slowed up a bit. Not alarming, yet. But it is slowing.

Chi84

Premium Member
Florida seems to be going “all in” on the issue of banning vaccine passports. The EO isn’t worth the paper it’s written on, but the legislature is considering a bill prohibiting such passports. I believe Texas and Arizona are also considering bans. Going to be interesting if and when businesses get to the point of wanting them. Schools will be a particularly tricky matter.

correcaminos

So if the vaccine is so super awesome and it's going to keep you from getting the virus then why do I have to get it?

Your reference to speeding is kind of dumb to be honest. If your logic for getting a vaccine is so you don't get the virus what is the harm to you if I don't? If I'm speeding down the street at 100 mph and you're on the street and I hit you not even a seat belt or airbag will save you from harm, now using that same logic you're saying the vaccine won't save you either?

So from reading the so "informed " people on this post the vaccine keeps you from getting covid but yet those unvaccinated can give you covid? You realize how stupid this logic is. If we use the same reference to anything else I'm only affecting myself and not you.
Wasn't really my analogy to begin with, but thanks for playing. Unvaccinated people are found to not spread covid either. And yes, the vaccine is pretty freaking super awesome. It, unlike all the speeding analogies, it will actually save your life. It will also save the lives of others by you getting it. Just because you think it's bad doesn't mean it is.
Guests' collective IQ drops as soon as they get to Disney.
You don't know Ohioans then do you ;) Seriously I don't think it's hard to do. If a buncha bumpkins can do it here, then anyone can. We're a good portion of the Floridian snowbird population anyway lol (totally trying for a laugh)
My dad was in the military where you don’t question orders and as a result we were raised that way too. “Because I said so“ was a legit reason growing up. Too many snowflakes out there today. Just get the damn vaccine because you were told to and pick something else to resist.

I wish it were that easy. I’d shout it from the rooftops, I’d get a Twitter account and tweet it, I’d figure out what the heck tik tok is and setup an account and post a video of me telling people to get the vaccine in a hundred different languages.
I'm the product of a Catholic mom... my husband the product of Catholic (both parents) and military (dad). We both feel our super strict catholic parents were as bad as the military :D But yea, I get what you said. You do it because you are told to do it, end of story. I can be sympathetic seriously to some, but some I just wanna say "shut up, sit down, and roll up your sleeve" ;)
Easier said than done for crowds as big as WDW. There's a reason they've had to adjust their rules about 12 times.

Wear a mask unless you're eating or drinking.... wear a mask unless you're eating or drinking while stationary... wear a mask and no food or drinks even in outside queues... wear a mask unless you're eating or drinking while stationary or you'll be asked to leave.

People loved to take advantage of the rules, which is why they are as strict as they are now.
I don't go to just a tiny little zoo. It's actually the largest zoo in the country beating out Animal Kingdom per a list I saw. It actually worked just fine. We have a lot of indoor and outdoor things. We also have a dozen or so rides at our zoo we go on.

Outdoor masks are useless to me and I loathe them. I really say it's not that hard to know that if you are in a line, you put your mask on. Go inside, put it on. Pretty much like the world here. I'll follow the rules, but let's be real, outside mask rules where you can distance are 100% overkill and is what is leading to people not following rules now. The reason why people are taking advantage is because it is indeed overkill.

JoeCamel

Florida seems to be going “all in” on the issue of banning vaccine passports. The EO isn’t worth the paper it’s written on, but the legislature is considering a bill prohibiting such passports. I believe Texas and Arizona are also considering bans. Going to be interesting if and when businesses get to the point of wanting them. Schools will be a particularly tricky matter.
8 more days, just 8 more days of the legislature considering trans bans and not this EO please. They can muddle around until it's time to go home to the money machines

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm a physicians assistant, have been in medicine since high school in some form or another. I understand how vaccines and transmission works.
You've shown you don't know how vitamins work. Your "PA cred" isn't credible.

We've also had actual doctors with PhDs in medicine say crazy stuff like the two running a clinic in California who, near the beginning of the pandemic claimed we were already at herd immunity because everyone coming to their clinic (because they were ill with coronavirus) had coronavirus. Therefore, everyone had the virus already!!!

Argument from authority only works if the consensus of authority agrees with you. Which it doesn't.

DisneyDebRob

Wasn't really my analogy to begin with, but thanks for playing. Unvaccinated people are found to not spread covid either. And yes, the vaccine is pretty freaking super awesome. It, unlike all the speeding analogies, it will actually save your life. It will also save the lives of others by you getting it. Just because you think it's bad doesn't mean it is.

You don't know Ohioans then do you ;) Seriously I don't think it's hard to do. If a buncha bumpkins can do it here, then anyone can. We're a good portion of the Floridian snowbird population anyway lol (totally trying for a laugh)

I'm the product of a Catholic mom... my husband the product of Catholic (both parents) and military (dad). We both feel our super strict catholic parents were as bad as the military :D But yea, I get what you said. You do it because you are told to do it, end of story. I can be sympathetic seriously to some, but some I just wanna say "shut up, sit down, and roll up your sleeve" ;)

I don't go to just a tiny little zoo. It's actually the largest zoo in the country beating out Animal Kingdom per a list I saw. It actually worked just fine. We have a lot of indoor and outdoor things. We also have a dozen or so rides at our zoo we go on.

Outdoor masks are useless to me and I loathe them. I really say it's not that hard to know that if you are in a line, you put your mask on. Go inside, put it on. Pretty much like the world here. I'll follow the rules, but let's be real, outside mask rules where you can distance are 100% overkill and is what is leading to people not following rules now. The reason why people are taking advantage is because it is indeed overkill.
Animal Kingdom is Nahtazu. How quickly we forget. 😃😎

Mark52479

Yeah this has been the concern I have been talking about.

If the legislature passes this bill, I can GUARANTEE you Disney will NEVER do Vaccine Passports. There is no way they will fight Florida on this. As much as we all want them to they simply wont.

hopefully they kick the can on this one as long as possible.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

If the legislature passes this bill, I can GUARANTEE you Disney will NEVER do Vaccine Passports. There is no way they will fight Florida on this. As much as we all want them to they simply wont.

Disney's not going to do vaccine passports for the parks. They could do it now in California for out-of-staters, but they're passing.

Cruise lines however...

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I don’t live in FL so I get no vote, but these people all have to run for re-election some day. Vote for someone else

disneygeek90

Anyway, I got my second Pfizer Sunday. Ended up with a super mild headache most of the day Monday and felt a little tired but would not have thought anything of it normally. I would take that shot 5 times a year if it meant keeping myself and everyone around me safe, and being able to get back to a semblance of normalcy.

Mark52479

Anyway, I got my second Pfizer Sunday. Ended up with a super mild headache most of the day Monday and felt a little tired but would not have thought anything of it normally. I would take that shot 5 times a year if it meant keeping myself and everyone around me safe, and being able to get back to a semblance of normalcy.
same. I am 72 hours into my second Pfizer and all I had was a sore arm and thats it. Nothing else.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Mutations are random. They're not on some kind of master-planned diabolical march towards "more lethal." A variant is more likely to be completely impotent than it is more dangerous.

Not a march towards more lethal, but through natural selection they will march towards more infectious and more resistant to immunity. Fortunately natural selection also selects toward less lethal, since a more lethal virus will tend to kill faster thus giving less opportunity for the virus to spread.

Chi84

Premium Member

They may not, but others will. I don’t think Florida law will extend to cruise ships, and it certainly won’t extend to interstate travel. After that, it’s up to Florida businesses to decide whether a battle is worth it. At this point, it’s too early to tell.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There will be an election for the governor of NJ in November and I saw one of the candidates has banning vaccine passports as part of this platform.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
647,000 Americans die from heart disease another 350,000 from obesity alone.

We can play the numbers game all you want but the number of Americans who rightfully died from covid and covid only is very small

That number should actually be zero, since the virus doesn't actually kill you, it causes one or more bodily systems to fail which is what ultimately kills you. Now if those systems already had a problem you are more likely to die, but it's still the virus that caused you death. Bottom line, the vast majority of people who died from covid would have lived longer if they had not become infected, and a lot would probably still be alive today.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Animal Kingdom is Nahtazu. How quickly we forget. 😃😎
Oh I didn't forget... but those classifying saw it otherwise. It was a covid discovery of mine. Just says how large my zoo zoo is vs AK nahtazu ;) I'm really spoiled with my real zoo though. It's pretty amazing and was the only thing that kept us going and happy last summer.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
As are Tennessee and several other states.

Chip Chipperson

Disney's not going to do vaccine passports for the parks. They could do it now in California for out-of-staters, but they're passing.

Cruise lines however...

The only way I see them doing it now is if enough anti-vaxxers exist to keep us from getting cases down quickly enough for them to increase capacity without requiring proof of vaccination. If it comes down to another brutal year or more for park attendance then it makes too much financial sense for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom