Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You know, I'm not a nice mom so this is just my style. Do it because I said so. No ifs, ands or buts about it. If you fight me, just stay in your room until your mood improves! Since I'm not a nice mom I'd toss in some mean glare and a lot of side eye if anyone grumbled.
My dad was in the military where you don’t question orders and as a result we were raised that way too. “Because I said so“ was a legit reason growing up. Too many snowflakes out there today. Just get the damn vaccine because you were told to and pick something else to resist.
When Joe told all of us to get vaccinated I was hesitant, but since GoofGoof told me to, I am in! 😀
I wish it were that easy. I’d shout it from the rooftops, I’d get a Twitter account and tweet it, I’d figure out what the heck tik tok is and setup an account and post a video of me telling people to get the vaccine in a hundred different languages.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Disney bribe: want a 1 time use Fastpass? Upload proof into MDE compatible system, anyone eligible can get one for each day of their stay or with each park reservation, those in party under eligible ages will also receive a complimentary one if all others in the party have provided proof. It would be voluntary only.
So long as it applies to Peter Pan's Flight and 7DMT. Otherwise, it'll be meaningless to the general populace.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
I’m confused.
So you support vaccine passports? Get vaccinated and go get a normal life. Don’t get vaccinated, and you’re restricted from some places?
I completely support vaccine passports for that very reason. I think you should show it for any activity where large crowds are in a small area - such as theaters, stadiums, or cruise ships. Now I caveat that with saying that they would only be necessary until the numbers come down similar to a regular flu season number. Since we don't mitigate for that, I see no reason why we would mitigate for COVID at that point.

If we are at that point this summer, then we won't need the passports at all, so time will tell.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
I completely support vaccine passports for that very reason. I think you should show it for any activity where large crowds are in a small area - such as theaters, stadiums, or cruise ships. Now I caveat that with saying that they would only be necessary until the numbers come down similar to a regular flu season number. Since we don't mitigate for that, I see no reason why we would mitigate for COVID at that point.

If we are at that point this summer, then we won't need the passports at all, so time will tell.
Bravo!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Universal has announced on-site vaccinations for Team Members next week -

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.26.34 PM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Disney bribe: want a 1 time use Fastpass? Upload proof into MDE compatible system, anyone eligible can get one for each day of their stay or with each park reservation, those in party under eligible ages will also receive a complimentary one if all others in the party have provided proof. It would be voluntary only.
I like it. The crazy part is you would probably actually get some extra people to get vaccinated. You know how crazy people get planning Disney trips.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How about this for a carrot? There are over 500 billionaires in the US. We get each to donate $1M into a lottery fund and then we draw 500 $1M winners from the list of every adult who got vaccinated. If all 250M adults get vaccinated you still have a 1 in 500,000 chance to be a millionaire just from getting the vaccine. That means you are twice as likely to win a million dollars than get a blood clot from the JnJ vaccine.

Chip Chipperson

As to this last part... how the heck would you enforce it???? A flight attendant keeps walking around and checking the vaccine passports any time anyone removes their mask?!?!

At a movie theater, an usher constantly walks around to make sure the non-passport people keep their masks on?

You’re talking about an unenforceable differentiation.

An unenforceable differentiation is exactly what anti-maskers want because then they can ignore the rules even more than they already do. Why bother with the exposed nose mask ruse in a store when they can just not wear one at all and then scream about their liberty being stolen if someone asks them to produce proof of vaccination?

Chip Chipperson

How about this for a carrot? There are over 500 billionaires in the US. We get each to donate $1M into a lottery fund and then we draw 500 $1M winners from the list of every adult who got vaccinated. If all 250M adults get vaccinated you still have a 1 in 500,000 chance to be a millionaire just from getting the vaccine. That means you are twice as likely to win a million dollars than get a blood clot from the JnJ vaccine.

Nice try, Bill Gates! Find another way to chip me!
is what they'll say to that plan

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
An unenforceable differentiation is exactly what anti-maskers want because then they can ignore the rules even more than they already do. Why bother with the exposed nose mask ruse in a store when they can just not wear one at all and then scream about their liberty being stolen if someone asks them to produce proof of vaccination?
Which is why we should “idiot proof” it...

...a plethora of idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom