Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flugell

We can play the numbers game all you want but the number of Americans who rightfully died from covid and covid only is very small
Are you calling the 3,000,000+ dead worldwide and climbing a very small number?
Have you seen the nightmare that is India on the news?
This is a world problem, not just an American one. Failure in the world in general could well cause failure in America and other countries that believe they have conquered it.
If you believe that COVID is of no consequence and no mitigation is required and vaccinations are unnecessary then that is your prerogative but it is my prerogative to follow mitigations, be vaccinated and try and behave for the benefit of humanity.

havoc315

Mutations are random. They're not on some kind of master-planned diabolical march towards "more lethal." A variant is more likely to be completely impotent than it is more dangerous.

Correct... they are random. Which is why you want as few as possible. Because if you have widespread disease, you’ll get tons of mutations. Some will be benign... but some will be malignant.

I guess the question is... how much do you enjoy playing Russian roulette.

sullyinMT

Mutations are random. They're not on some kind of master-planned diabolical march towards "more lethal." A variant is more likely to be completely impotent than it is more dangerous.
True, we just don’t want the wrong randomization to find its way to victory against the vaccines.

I think we’ll get to the end of restrictions sooner than maybe we should, due to non-viral pressures. Our job as the vaccinated is to encourage as many as possible to do the same (vaccinate) and stick it out just a bit longer. Just a bit, not indefinitely. I’m still hopeful we can and will get there.

disneygeek90

The more I see people against the vaccine and the attitude many not in a rush to get it makes really believe a vaccine passport is the way. Disney should require it as well as all theme parks.
Vaccine passports honestly sound so nice?? Going to a concert or cruise or park and knowing every single person is vaccinated, making everyone virtually immune? Amazing.

havoc315

647,000 Americans die from heart disease another 350,000 from obesity alone.

We can play the numbers game all you want but the number of Americans who rightfully died from covid and covid only is very small

Clearly, you’re not a medical professional or at least you’ve never read a death certificate. There is virtually no such thing as dying from 1 thing alone.

Not a single death certificate says “died from obesity alone”

More like obesity caused diabetes, diabetes led to kidney failure, the kidney failure led to metabolic disease, leading to respiratory arrest and death.

500,000 American deaths from Covid is not “very small.”
It’s pure conspiracy fiction that most of those deaths were not due to Covid. I’ve personally seen to much death among those close to me from Covid, to call it “small.”

Mark52479

From yesterday's report to today's report there were 78,754 people added to the "Total People Vaccinated." In prior weeks it seemed to be a lot closer to 100k on average and I think the number added yesterday from Monday was more than today's increase. Not a great trend, especially when it has nothing to do with logistics or short supply. There is some effect from J&J being paused since there are people who specifically wanted that shot.

The increase represents approximately 0.36% of the population. My calculations say about 38.5% of the FL population has been vaccinated so far. If the increase continues at today's daily rate on average, it will take 60 days to reach the 60% benchmark. That wouldn't be too bad (even though the supply and shot capacity are enough for it to happen faster) but I fear the pace may continue to slow.
Pace has definitely slowed down here for sure.

I went to Publix for my second shot the other day and I was the only one in there getting a shot. 3 weeks ago for my first shot it was a steady stream of people in and out getting their shots.

3 MASS VACCINE SITES here in South Florida are closing next month. Palm Beach county got 16,000 doses this week and still have 10,000 left over.

So it is slowing from what I can see.

peter11435

Yes. Which is why you want there to be as little transmission as possible so you reduce the number of variants. Because while you are correct the majority will not be an issue, the more transmission you have, the more variants you have, and the more variants you have the higher the chance of one of them becoming a larger risk to the public. We’ve already seen multiple variants form that were more problematic than the original.

JoeCamel

Pace has definitely slowed down here for sure.

I went to Publix for my second shot the other day and I was the only one in there getting a shot. 3 weeks ago for my first shot it was a steady stream of people in and out getting their shots.

3 MASS VACCINE SITES here in South Florida are closing next month. Palm Beach county got 16,000 doses this week and still have 10,000 left over.

So it is slowing from what I can see.
The mass sites are closing in favor of fulfilling the goal of having a site within 5 miles of most of the population. NO excuse for not finding a place to get a jab

BuddyThomas

647,000 Americans die from heart disease another 350,000 from obesity alone.

We can play the deflection game all you want too, and apparently that's exactly what you want to do, but this is a conversation about COVID. It is not about heart disease and it is not about obesity. Another irresponsible, selfish person cannot give me heart disease. Another irresponsible, selfish person cannot give me obesity. Another irresponsible, selfish person CAN give me COVID. And the fact that you are dismissing the deaths of 569,000 American lives and counting is absolutely disgraceful.

BuddyThomas

I'm a physicians assistant, have been in medicine since high school in some form or another. I understand how vaccines and transmission works. But nobody here has given me any evidence to back their claims, instead you all have fear mongered people and basically called those who don't want a vaccine idiots. I understand the name calling or belitting people when you don't have a leg to stand on.

So prove it to me, these are your statements. Your arguments, shouldn't you be telling people why they should get it and back it up with legitimate information? No that would make sense. Instead let's just hate.
Does the physician for whom you "supposedly" work know that you are extremely busy posting false information about COVID and dismissing the deaths of 569,000 Americans as no big deal all over a Disney chat board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom