Indiana Jones Land?

rle4lunch

Wanted to bump this thread now that casting and filming for Indy 5 is kicking off. Time to dust this rumor off to see if there's any churn with it... Seeing that the Indy stunt show may never turn back on, I think it's prime time to either repurpose that area (ain't gonna happen, too much of a bottleneck over there for SWGE), or start the overlay on Dinosaur(!) and the craptastic carnival park.

jt04

Wanted to bump this thread now that casting and filming for Indy 5 is kicking off. Time to dust this rumor off to see if there's any churn with it... Seeing that the Indy stunt show may never turn back on, I think it's prime time to either repurpose that area (ain't gonna happen, too much of a bottleneck over there for SWGE), or start the overlay on Dinosaur(!) and the craptastic carnival park.

Someone dropped a suggestion that Star Tours could be rethemed to create the storyline of taking an adventure beyond the Hollywood that never was. And personally have started to like the concept. But agree, that is an awful lot to try in fit into that area and do the franchise justice.

DAK, on the other hand has plenty of space. And a storyline can coexist with the aesthetics of the park IMO, even if it isn't directly about conservation.

Hoping Indy wins out over any other franchise for the next big E ticket/Land.

aladdin2007

Wasn't the initial plan as of a few years ago to put a mini Indy land in the Animation Courtyard space?
I dont think that was the plan for that space. Someone correct me if wrong? I thought they were looking at turning AK Dinosaur into the Indy Adventure and make that area a indy land...awhile back anyway/. I think it all went down the tube before covid.

Cmdr_Crimson

I can definitely see a reprogram of ST to accommodate an indy ride. Start on a plane. Plane crashes into water, transition into raft, water goes over a waterfall, settles into a cave, transition into mine train.
No no no...REAL water for an actual water ride! the Studios need Water! No Star Tours leave that to Muppet Labs if you want to retheme it to the second closest attraction..

GimpYancIent

Absolutely get the Indiana Jones show up and running again at Hollywood Studios and expand on it with at least one actual ride. Hey! Its Indiana Jones if water is involved definitely use REAL WATER.

J4546

id love ij to get money put into it at dhs. the show is great, adding a major ride, you could really create an entire land/experience around it, and add alot of trees and shade to an area....But I feel like any major DHS announcement in the future will be about redeveloping that entire western studios area of the park. Im thinking they will make a pixar pier semi-clone. Maybe the coaster will be Monsters Inc themed and instead of toy story MM, they will have a Soul or Coco darkride or something...just my guess. Wasnt the og 4 phase plan at DHS to do a monsters inc land? Also, Disney is gonna wanna use marvel as much as possible so I could def see a marvel land taking over that area as well....

UNCgolf

I dont think that was the plan for that space. Someone correct me if wrong? I thought they were looking at turning AK Dinosaur into the Indy Adventure and make that area a indy land...awhile back anyway/. I think it all went down the tube before covid.

If that was the plan (and I think I remember hearing that mentioned as well), I'm glad it didn't happen. Dinorama needs a replacement, but there's absolutely no reason to change Dinosaur -- it's a unique ride. It would be quite silly to turn it into a copy of something that exists at Disneyland, not to mention the money they'd spend changing it over without adding any additional attraction capacity.

TrainsOfDisney

not to mention the money they'd spend changing it over without adding any additional attraction capacity.
Yeah... Disney would never do that! (If only...).

I wish they would have done “Lucas Studios” and added an Indy Coaster and Rise next to Star Tours and Indy Stunt Show. Backlot could have been rethemed with all Lucas Studios props and they would have had the Mickey Shorts Theatre space to work with as well. (Lightsaber store probably).

doctornick

If they were going to do an Indy water ride, then using the Shanghai POTC tech would be the perfect fit (as opposed to something like a Splash style flume ride). High capacity, can allow for a decent amount of excitement while still being family friendly and would finally add a water ride to DHS. Combine that with a higher thrilled ride like a clone of IJA or even a coaster like the one in Paris and you have a nice small land. Depending on the setting (e.g. Amazon ride in South America, Nile ride in Egypt, etc) you could also have some good themed dining to correspond.

Regarding Star Tours, I see no reason to waste money to convert that to another theme. It's a great ride as is and money should be spent to expand the parks not change existing attractions (especially in DHS which needs much more total ride capacity). I'd rather see an Indy land placed in Animation Courtyard and then the Echo Lake area redeveloped into an OT Star Wars land keeping Star Tours as is. Just IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom