The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

spacemt354

Chili's
Stanza XIV: The Anniversary

04D1T8p.jpg

We here at Team Garfield hope everybody here remembers how to count because we're about to take you on a fifty part tour at the world's most magical vacation location! Without further ado we proudly present...

The World's Most Magical Celebration
Thank you to all teams for these incredible 50th plans - you all should be proud of the effort put into this Stanza.

And to reward that effort I'm going to try and get all reviews out tonight - since Team Garfield posted early, their review is submitted above, but expect Holland and Maguire within the next hour or so - thanks!

spacemt354

Chili's
SRlL3j1.png

TEAM HOLLAND
50 Years of Once in a Lifetime

I'll start off with something I found interesting because it's never happened to me. Since this project was the most 'post-ready' project around 4pm EST, I began to write a brief review of overall thoughts in the judges' chambers (aka PM). And I made a note that I didn't like the color design (it was one of my cons). I totally get that you were going for the original WDW design, but it just wasn't my thing, especially all the ride overlays with the colors which (I still) think is a bit excessive.

However, on second read, I've done a complete 180 on the color design - I love it! It'll be fall at least at the beginning of the event so it kickstarts perfectly, and I think is sustainable as a 'classic' look throughout the year. Plus I like the specific labels like Main Street Vanilla Cream. So...good fortune I guess that I looked at it again?

And also surprisingly, as much as Google Docs to me are not the most impressive presentation format, for this project I think it truly works. Not only is there a table of contents to go through, but it's presented in a logical format that I can follow along with. Plus, you waste no time jumping into the celebration, with the color coated format and image of the decorated castle immediately drawing the reader in. You also made use of the prompt's guideline of making this a 'once in a lifetime' event - as the black box dark rides in Epcot especially I think would be 'must-do' items that folks from all over the world that are die-hard Epcot fans would have to return for. That said, I'm not sure what the infatuation with Merbabies was? Though as the project claims it's SA canon now so nothing I can do about that lol.

On that note we should also talk about the teamwork and brainstorming. Overall I think this team got along well, it was also satisfying as Sharon was a later-swap in the team-making process, specifically because we thought Sharon and Tegan would work well and hadn't worked together before - and sure enough that was the first comment Tegan made! The trio of Tegan, Pi, and Sharon it seemed created an environment where everyone was encouraged to participate, and carried the team through a brief rough patch in communication early on in the project, as Project Manager Honey Bee had some stuff going on that affected interest at the moment. While Honey did carry out the Project Manager duties for the first few days, it eventually became a team effort led by the tag-team of Tegan and Pi, which propelled the project through the final days. The reason why I bring this up is while everyone on this team contributed, there was a visible difference in the contributions of Pi, Tegan, Sharon vs Honey and Brandon - partially accentuated by labeling each component with who did what in the project (one of the reasons why I recommend not doing that, as I prefer simply submitting as a team). So, if this team ends up winning, I think while both Honey and Brandon's contributions were fantastic, they would owe their teammates a virtual hug and Dole Whip for the added effort they put in advancing the team to the next round.

Getting back to the project - Bay Lake Adventure Island was such a fun addition! Discovery Island's demise is one of the sadder stories of WDW, so utilizing that island to its potential is something I'm definitely in favor of! The map was also very well done. The remainder of the attraction upgrades are somewhat predictable, but needed. Naturally Journey into Imagination is going to be a factor, WEDWay is nice for nostalgia, Peter Pan 2.0 is expected, but I think my favorite of the bunch was the new Muppet*Vision as the description of it just offers something...different! And it's nice to maintain realism while also not being predictable.

Once Upon Once in a Lifetime is a bit of an awkward name (what about Once Upon a Lifetime?) but the description of the fireworks show is very well done and I like how it's separated by decade. Moments of Magic is also a neat parade concept as well.

I think my favorite part was the 50 hour Magic Kingdom as the kickoff to the 50th. While this team *also* did a 50 for the 50th concept, I think these 50 items were a bit more ground and focused. That being said, many of these items I feel will be popular enough that perhaps Disney will keep them permanently? The heavy nostalgia factor to many of these like the Barker Bird and things of that nature will make for an awkward transition when/if they take it all away again after 2022.

The Disney+ show feels like it'll be a success as well. The painted cars on all the rides to me personally I think is a bit much. Granted it's only one car being painted but factoring in the ambiance to attractions like Haunted Mansion, I wouldn't want to be riding on a gold Doom Buggie taking me out of the ride to remind me that there's an anniversary going on.

This all said - the project as a whole feels like a great middle ground of strong teamwork, a focused and intriguing 50th anniversary celebration, as well as original/realistic attraction upgrades and enhancements that would tell folks from all over they need to come to WDW during this celebration.​

Imagineer Brandon

On that note we should also talk about the teamwork and brainstorming. Overall I think this team got along well, it was also satisfying as Sharon was a later-swap in the team-making process, specifically because we thought Sharon and Tegan would work well and hadn't worked together before - and sure enough that was the first comment Tegan made! The trio of Tegan, Pi, and Sharon it seemed created an environment where everyone was encouraged to participate, and carried the team through a brief rough patch in communication early on in the project, as Project Manager Honey Bee had some stuff going on that affected interest at the moment. While Honey did carry out the Project Manager duties for the first few days, it eventually became a team effort led by the tag-team of Tegan and Pi, which propelled the project through the final days. The reason why I bring this up is while everyone on this team contributed, there was a visible difference in the contributions of Pi, Tegan, Sharon vs Honey and Brandon - partially accentuated by labeling each component with who did what in the project (one of the reasons why I recommend not doing that, as I prefer simply submitting as a team). So, if this team ends up winning, I think while both Honey and Brandon's contributions were fantastic, they would owe their teammates a virtual hug and Dole Whip for the added effort they put in advancing the team to the next round.
i can't speak for honey but nah, i'd prefer to only get credit for the work i did. these projects are individual efforts as much as they are team efforts.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The painted cars on all the rides to me personally I think is a bit much. Granted it's only one car being painted but factoring in the ambiance to attractions like Haunted Mansion, I wouldn't want to be riding on a gold Doom Buggie taking me out of the ride to remind me that there's an anniversary going on.​
Would this also apply to our project? I also did the same thing in our project, though I limited it to MK only. I think ours is a bit more intrusive since it has the EARidescent overlay...

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
A Collage of Creation
Xpa851l.jpg

Wandering around Disneyland Paris, Tintin and Snowy perused a new attraction that moved in next door to them; Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril

"Wow, another season of the Sorcerer's Apprentice must be going again Snowy!" Tintin exclaimed "Let's go inside and see what this ride is!"

Entering through the queue, Tintin was thrilled by the new addition, reading along the way about the designers @SplashZander and the rest of Team Power who stood out among the crowd.

Suddenly, the Temple began to rumble, as though something was awakening inside of it. Curious to see what it was, Tintin walked inside to see for himself. Amid the cobwebs and tombstones, Tintin and Snowy found themselves walking down dimly lit paths to places unknown, when suddenly a colorful orb began glowing in the distance, guiding them down and elevator shaft, and towards a warehouse full of boxes.

Tintin remembered this warehouse from somewhere, but couldn't put a finger on it, before Snowy reminded him, he saw it in the Season 5 post-credit scene.

*Flashback to Season 5*
enhance

enhance

"The Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril attraction is covering up the warehouse where they keep the Sorcerer's Hat?!?" Tintin bellowed "Well @D Hulk told the Indiana Jones inspired cliff-hanger of Season 5, and helped design the Temple of Peril, it only makes sense thematically!"

The orb led them to the box where the Sorcerer's Hat was kept. Picking up the hat, Tintin could feel the weight of its power as it began to glow, and he could hear a voice begin to speak through it, the voice of Yen Sid.

"Tintin..." Yen Sid echoed from the Celestial "You need to bring together a group of remarkable people. The Imagineers are in trouble, all of their creations may be lost if Maleficent controls the multiverse. We need you and Snowy to assemble all the help we can get throughout the Sorcerer's Apprentice Universe."

"But..." Tintin sighed "Where do I begin?"

"The hat will guide you, Tintin" Yen Sid reassured "The Imagineers are counting on you, they've accomplished so much on their Fantasmic Journeys...do it for them"

The Sorcerer's Hat revealed a collage of all the winning projects throughout the cosmos of the season. Looking at it, Tintin agreed and began to search the SAU for allies throughout the world of theme parks.
vzTiGlT.jpg

This collage makes me so happy 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom