News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

I know the current rumor is Epcot Forever for summer.... but with all the hardware for Harmonious in place, you'd think that they could launch the show by July 4th (3 months from now) if they wanted to.

I wonder how much work will need to go into bringing Epcot Forever back? Simple matter of one or two overnight rehearsals?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Oh, I wasn't making any judgement on the barges and such, just that @marni1971 had mentioned that he hadn't seen it up like that while he was there. Sorry for the thread drift.

Temporary vs intent though.

The platform is kept up for time to time for numerous reasons (This is known). It's not kept up all the time though as a standard procedure. It did have an extended period where I believe one of the three sections had a failure that prevented them from fully cycling the platform as normal. Took awhile, but they fixed it.

I don't think he's was doubting you saw it up for periods of time- just his indirect way of pointing out the difference between service-issue and 'this is what we aimed for' :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Temporary vs intent though.

The platform is kept up for time to time for numerous reasons (This is known). It's not kept up all the time though as a standard procedure. It did have an extended period where I believe one of the three sections had a failure that prevented them from fully cycling the platform as normal. Took awhile, but they fixed it.

I don't think he's was doubting you saw it up for periods of time- just his indirect way of pointing out the difference between service-issue and 'this is what we aimed for' :)
Makes sense.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
1617813355241.png

I honestly can't believe my (painfully sore) eyes.

Sitting here looking at this picture, I wonder:

1. Does it look better or worse in person?
2. Who in their right minds approved this?
3. Is there any way on God's green earth that this show could possibly be worth what it's done to the sightlines of the WS?
4. Regardless of the answer to #3 I revert back to #2

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
View attachment 546061

3. Is there any way on God's green earth that this show could possibly worth what's its done to the sightlines of the WS?

#1: Worse
#2: Someone without a clue
#3: Not likely

note2001

View attachment 546061

3. Is there any way on God's green earth that this show could possibly worth what's its done to the sightlines of the WS?
I'll say it looks better in person because our eyes are not a camera lens or static picture fixated on one subject. In person we take in more around us, tend to look away at the buildings, pathways, people and take in the sounds and smells around us. I found myself simply not looking at it.

Again, I get the vibes of ROL here where they ignore what is practical to create something unique, but they probably had a better way of doing similar. Then years into it they decide it's not worth it.

I think Disney will allow this show to run maybe 5 years max before coming to its senses and killing it off to clean up the views.

GimpYancIent

I'll say it looks better in person because our eyes are not a camera lens or static picture fixated on one subject. In person we take in more around us, tend to look away at the buildings, pathways, people and take in the sounds and smells around us. I found myself simply not looking at it.

Again, I get the vibes of ROL here where they ignore what is practical to create something unique, but they probably had a better way of doing similar. Then years into it they decide it's not worth it.

I think Disney will allow this show to run maybe 5 years max before coming to its senses and killing it off to clean up the views.
The bigger, the more complex, the more intricate and more expensive the greater the opportunity for some miniscule malfunction / minor break down to incapacitate the entire project.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.

Thanks for the 'first hand view' opinion. Will be seeing it in a few weeks, I know I will be too happy to be p*ssed about this at the time, but curious what I will think of it when I first see it person.

Fingers crossed that they deep six this visual catastrophe sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

M:SpilotISTC12

I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt that it’ll look halfway decent with fountain mode turned on. My problem is when it breaks all the time and Disney realizes it’s not worth the investment to keep fixing and it looks the way it does now with no fountains running.

Sir_Cliff

Oh, I wasn't making any judgement on the barges and such, just that @marni1971 had mentioned that he hadn't seen it up like that while he was there. Sorry for the thread drift.
Sorry for contributing to the drift, but my experiences visiting DCA have been very similar: more often than not the platform has been elevated and quite visible. The end result is not as obstructive as the tacos, but it surprised me to see it elevated so often on different visits considering how much effort went into constructing a platform that should submerge.

As you're saying, this is not meant as a whataboutism to justify what they have done at Epcot. I also agree that there is a big difference between misbehaving tech and intent.

Last edited:

Father Robinson

You know what made IllumiNations ROE amazing?

Ok, yes a whole bunch of things, but one of them without a doubt was how impressive it was despite it's simplicity. The minimal setup allowed World Showcase to be an additional visual element to the show.

You know, I thought with the decluttering of Tomorrowland (especially the sign), that Disney realized that less can really be more..

This is like a bad dream. Losing ROE was heartbreaking enough.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thanks for the 'first hand view' opinion. Will be seeing it in a few weeks, I know I will be too happy to be p*ssed about this at the time, but curious what I will think of it when I first see it person.

Fingers crossed that they deep six this visual catastrophe sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

I wasn’t even looking for the tacos, we were more focused on the flowers and kiosks. As soon as these came into view, they absolutely took my eye’s attention. They are larger than the pictures show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom