Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

TP2000

Isn’t one of you shticks always complaining that Cast Members are not invested in their jobs anymore? I’m sorry this stranger was passionate about her job on her personal Instagram. Doesn’t really seem to warrant your post.

I don't remember ever complaining that CM's aren't invested in their jobs. I just need them to be well groomed, polite, and efficient. I'd love it if Disneyland's CM's were as good as In-N-Out employees (too many at Disneyland aren't, especially for the prices charged), but I don't care if they are "invested" in their jobs. That's up to them.

The crying on Social Media thing seems a bit much to me. A tad self-serving. :oops:

Especially after many thousands of CM's lost their jobs in the last six months because their department's were eliminated or the business case for their employment collapsed due to Covid.

Frozen was a theme park stage show. By design, those things are fleeting and temporary, usually lasting 3 or 4 years. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But always far shorter than the lifespan for an attraction or restaurant. Frozen opened at DCA 5 years ago now. It had a good run.

I've been online talking about Disneyland for decades. I can't think of a single time that any CM's cried online when fill-in-the-blank restaurant or ride or shop closed. From Rocket Rods to Burger Invasion to Avalon Cove to Plaza Pavilion to Luigi's Flying Tires to Heraldry Shoppe to Tower of Terror to MuppetVision, we never saw crying CM's for those closures. Those CM's may have been sad about it, they might miss working with their friends at a fun location or wearing a favorite uniform.

But public posts about "bittersweet ends" with tearful photos? That just seems overly dramatic for a temporary stage show.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I don't know about that. It appears Disney's Frozen Live! at the Hyperion (or whatever contrived title that thing had), was closed forever back in 2020 and the sets and equipment removed from the theater (theatre?).

Here's some surprisingly dramatic thoughts of a young lady who worked at this stage show.

And before I get hate and criticism for being so cold hearted. I mean, really! It was a stage show at a theme park. Can you imagine if the CM's at a closing snack bar did this sort of thing on Instagram when their snack bar closed? Or the CM's from Luigi's Flying Tires cried on their Instagram when that ride closed? None of those CM's do that. This over-dramatic sentiment seems to only be relegated to those in the entertainment industry. But the CM's at snack bars and rides work just as hard.

There's a reason they call it "Drama". ;)

What’s so dramatic about this? This actress held a coveted job that is certainly not easy at all to obtain. She was clearly doing something she enjoyed and now no longer can. She thanked the fans and expressed love to her co-workers. There’s nothing out of the ordinary or extra about this at all.

This is rich coming from you, TP, as you are undoubtedly one of the most dramatic posters on this board.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Orange County more "equitable" and healthier than far more liberal Los Angeles County on it's norther border?

Who'd have thunk it? 🤣
With a much smaller population, that isn’t surprising at all. Even when you’ve got some folks in conservative Orange County who apparently aren’t wearing masks, which is about as shocking as learning about the Klan meetings and rallies out there.

Who’d have thunk it?

PiratesMansion

Even though a lot of you never liked the Frozen show, it was an ambitious effort for a theme park show that, from a technical perspective, was an improvement over Aladdin in almost every way.

The park is worse off without it, as not only is it likely to be some time before it's replaced, but there's a reasonable possibility that whatever replaces it will be much less ambitious.

180º

I don't remember ever complaining that CM's aren't invested in their jobs. I just need them to be well groomed, polite, and efficient. I'd love it if Disneyland's CM's were as good as In-N-Out employees (too many at Disneyland aren't, especially for the prices charged), but I don't care if they are "invested" in their jobs. That's up to them.

The crying on Social Media thing seems a bit much to me. A tad self-serving. :oops:

Especially after many thousands of CM's lost their jobs in the last six months because their department's were eliminated or the business case for their employment collapsed due to Covid.

Frozen was a theme park stage show. By design, those things are fleeting and temporary, usually lasting 3 or 4 years. Sometimes less, sometimes more. But always far shorter than the lifespan for an attraction or restaurant. Frozen opened at DCA 5 years ago now. It had a good run.

I've been online talking about Disneyland for decades. I can't think of a single time that any CM's cried online when fill-in-the-blank restaurant or ride or shop closed. From Rocket Rods to Burger Invasion to Avalon Cove to Plaza Pavilion to Luigi's Flying Tires to Heraldry Shoppe to Tower of Terror to MuppetVision, we never saw crying CM's for those closures. Those CM's may have been sad about it, they might miss working with their friends at a fun location or wearing a favorite uniform.

But public posts about "bittersweet ends" with tearful photos? That just seems overly dramatic for a temporary stage show.
This is really callous.

I couldn’t care less about the Frozen show. I laughed through it the first time I saw it. But these are real people and if this girl opened Magical Map, then she had invested at least 7 years of her life into working at Disneyland. But your insults apply to everyone else too, whether you meant it or not.

When an attraction or store closes, that usually means CMs are deployed elsewhere, not laid off. And I can assure you that those in Attractions and Stores shed plenty of tears on social media when they and/or their coworkers lost their jobs in 2020. The Instagram posts exist, trust me. It’s not surprising that one of the resort’s more visible performers’ is the post you saw first.

And social media was the only outlet for most people to even communicate with their friends and coworkers at all this year.

You have a certain style and I know you never shy away from an opportunity to roast someone in humor, so I’m not sure if your post was sincere. If not, well. Har har, I guess. Good one. But you have a lot of influence here, TP, and people eat this up like it’s the truth.

ToTBellHop

Even though a lot of you never liked the Frozen show, it was an ambitious effort for a theme park show that, from a technical perspective, was an improvement over Aladdin in almost every way.

The park is worse off without it, as not only is it likely to be some time before it's replaced, but there's a reasonable possibility that whatever replaces it will be much less ambitious.
That’s my concern. It was a very good show for a theme park show, and these shows are expensive to put together. I fear there will be nothing for awhile because other things will take precedence. Or, they will put in a Marvel show, which is even worse.

ToTBellHop

For the record, the impression I’ve been under is that a lot of changes people have been waiting on (ex. No masks) will happen on both coasts at the same time. So, if DLR is still required to have masks, WDW will too.

More conflictingly, I’ve heard similar for nighttime entertainment (although I know many people have heard completely different).
No longer accurate.

Disney Analyst

This is really callous.

I couldn’t care less about the Frozen show. I laughed through it the first time I saw it. But these are real people and if this girl opened Magical Map, then she had invested at least 7 years of her life into working at Disneyland. But your insults apply to everyone else too, whether you meant it or not.

When an attraction or store closes, that usually means CMs are deployed elsewhere, not laid off. And I can assure you that those in Attractions and Stores shed plenty of tears on social media when they and/or their coworkers lost their jobs in 2020. The Instagram posts exist, trust me. It’s not surprising that one of the resort’s more visible performers’ is the post you saw first.

And social media was the only outlet for most people to even communicate with their friends and coworkers at all this year.

You have a certain style and I know you never shy away from an opportunity to roast someone in humor, so I’m not sure if your post was sincere. If not, well. Har har, I guess. Good one. But you have a lot of influence here, TP, and people eat this up like it’s the truth.

Spot on. In fact I don’t believe a post like that belongs on these boards.

He has publicly insulted and shamed a former CM for having feelings and expressing them.

Add in insulting her for doing her job as an actor by crying on stage.

It’s absurd.

And anyone who has done theatre knows your theatre family becomes your legitimate family during the time you are in a show with them. Emotions are high, and it’s an experience like no other.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"As announced, Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park plan to reopen on April 30, with limited capacity! With this exciting news, we know you are eager to get back to the magic, and likely have questions about your next visit.

When we reopen our two theme parks, we will have enhanced health and safety measures, and will limit capacity through a new theme park reservation system that requires all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. Theme park reservations will be available online, in advance only, for a specific date, subject to availability.

Here’s some important information to help you plan ahead:

Theme Park Reservations: To enter Disneyland park or Disney California Adventure park, both a theme park reservation and valid admission ticket for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. Guests must have a valid theme park admission ticket in order to make a reservation. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents may visit the parks, and in groups no larger than 3 households, in line with current state guidelines.

The theme park reservation system will launch on April 12, and guests with existing valid theme park tickets can begin making park reservations for the days that their ticket is valid. Theme park ticket sales will resume on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations. As a reminder, ticket expiration dates were extended for many outstanding tickets. To accommodate as many types of ticket holders as possible, park reservations for select dates may be made available on a rolling basis. Ticket calendars will be updated on a rolling basis. Check for updated availability.

Here are some key dates to remember:

• April 9: If you currently hold a theme park ticket, you can check available days for your 1-day ticket type beginning April 9 on Disneyland.com/ParksUpdates.
  • April 12: The theme park reservation system will open no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 12 and guests who already have valid theme park tickets may begin making park reservations.
  • April 15: Theme park ticket sales will resume no earlier than 8 a.m. PT on April 15, and guests without park tickets may begin purchasing tickets and making park reservations.
Tip: Be sure to log in to your Disney account first to link valid theme park tickets prior to accessing the park reservation system. See how to make a park reservation, below!"

"Guests with Park Hopper tickets may choose, pending availability, which theme park to start their day, when making their theme park reservations, and then will be able to visit the other park beginning at 1 p.m. that day. Guests with multi-day tickets will be required to make a separate park reservation for each day they plan to visit the theme parks.

Park Hours: Upon reopening, daily park hours for Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park are currently planned to be 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Visit Disneyland.com for operating hours on the day you wish to visit, as they are subject to change.

Parking: Theme park parking will be available at the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals parking structures, located off Disneyland Drive.

Dining: For a contactless and cashless experience, our mobile order service — available exclusively on the Disneyland App* — makes it easy for you to plan ahead, order, and pay for food and beverages at most quick service restaurants inside the theme parks. In order to foster physical distancing during this time, we will plan to reopen dining bookings for select locations on April 22, with limited capacity. You will be able to book your dining reservation 60 days in advance on Disneyland.com or with the Disneyland App, subject to availability. Tip: Be sure to have the latest version of the app downloaded and installed on your mobile device."

ToTBellHop

What will be open:

Disneyland Park Attractions and Entertainment​

There’s so much to explore and enjoy when you visit Disneyland Park—from new enchantment to classic favorites.
Attractions and Entertainment Experiences
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Autopia
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train
  • Disneyland Railroad
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Gadget’s Go Coaster
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Indiana Jones™ Adventure
  • "it’s a small world"
  • King Arthur Carrousel
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Mark Twain Riverboat
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
  • Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - will utilize virtual queue, more details to come
  • Surprise Character Sightings
  • Tarzan’s Treehouse™
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room

ToTBellHop

Disneyland Park Dining​

From tasty on-the-go snacks to delicious meals and sweet treats—there’s so much to indulge in at Disneyland Park.
Dining Experiences
  • Bengal Barbecue
  • Café Orleans
  • Churros
  • French Market Restaurant
  • Galactic Grill
  • Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor
  • Ice Cream Carts
  • Jolly Holiday Bakery Café
  • Little Red Wagon
  • Market House
  • Milk Stand
  • Mint Julep Bar
  • Plaza Inn
  • Popcorn
  • Red Rose Taverne
  • River Belle Terrace
  • Ronto Roasters
  • Ship to Shore Marketplace
  • Stage Door Café
  • The Tropical Hideaway

Disneyland Park Shops​

Discover classic Disney merchandise, must-have souvenirs, crafts, artwork and more.
Shops
  • Adventureland Bazaar
  • Balloons
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • Black Spire Outfitters
  • Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen
  • Creature Stall
  • Cristal d'Orleans
  • Crystal Arts
  • Disney Clothiers, Ltd.
  • Disney Showcase
  • Disneyana
  • Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities
  • Droid Depot
  • Emporium
  • First Order Cargo
  • Glow Carts
  • "it’s a small world" Toy Shop
  • Kaman’s Art Shoppe
  • Le Mascarade d’Orleans
  • Little Green Men Store Command
  • The Mad Hatter in Fantasyland
  • Main Street Magic Shop
  • Pieces of Eight
  • Pioneer Mercantile
  • Savi's Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers
  • The Star Trader
  • Toydarian Toymaker

ToTBellHop

Disney California Adventure Park Attractions and Entertainment​

There’s so much to explore and enjoy when you visit Disneyland California Adventure—from Cars Land to Pixar Pier.
Attractions and Entertainment Experiences
  • Games of Pixar Pier
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
  • Jessie's Critter Carousel
  • Jumpin’ Jellyfish
  • Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Pixar Pal-A-Round – Non-Swinging
  • Pixar Pal-A-Round – Swinging
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Silly Symphony Swings
  • Soarin’ Around the World
  • Surprise Character Sightings
  • The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!
  • Turtle Talk with Crush

ToTBellHop

Disney California Adventure Park Dining​

Enjoy tasty snacks, delicious meals and sweet treats at the park.
Dining Experiences
  • Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats
  • Angry Dogs
  • Award Wieners
  • Carthay Circle Lounge – Alfresco Dining
  • Churros
  • Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
  • Cozy Cone Motel - Cones 1-3 (Churros, Ice Cream, Cone-coctions)
  • Cappuccino Cart
  • Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
  • Flo's V8 Cafe
  • Ghirardelli® Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop
  • Hollywood Lounge
  • Ice Cream Carts
  • Lamplight Lounge
  • Pacific Wharf Distribution Co.
  • Popcorn
  • Poultry Palace
  • Rita’s Baja Blenders
  • Señor Buzz Churros
  • Smokejumpers Grill
  • Sonoma Terrace
  • Studio Catering Co.

Disney California Adventure Park Shops​

Find must-have souvenirs, classic Disney merchandise, crafts, artwork and more.
Shops
  • Balloons
  • Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff
  • Collector’s Warehouse
  • Disneyland Backlot Premiere Shop
  • Elias & Co.
  • Glow Carts
  • Kaman’s Art Shoppe
  • Kingswell Camera Shop
  • Knick's Knacks
  • Off the Page
  • Paradise Pier Sunglass Cart
  • Ramone's House of Body Art
  • Rushin' River Outfitters
  • Seaside Souvenirs
  • Studio Store
  • Trolley Treats

CaptinEO

I don't think anyone advocated for removing the show and replacing it with nothing.

I'm sure people wanted to see a different show. I never saw Aladdin at DCA as I only cared about rides as I didnt have an AP in those days and wasnt going to waste an hour and a half watching a show. I did see the broadway musical eventually and thought it was great.

The Frozen show wasn't bad, but I'm not really a person who likes repeating shows. Mickey and the Map was awful though IMO, but for little kids
it's a nice excuse to have a bunch of Disney songs.

An outdoor venue makes sense for kids themed shows, it's very difficult to get young children to stay still and be silent for 90 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom