Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 123 28.7%

Votes: 228 53.1%

Votes: 20 4.7%

Votes: 6 1.4%

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

cmwade77

I am actually saying the opposite, the common sense approach is to enforce them everywhere in the parks, or not at all.
Common sense says nowhere at all, but if that fails, only indoors and only when you can't keep more than 3 feet between your group and others. If 3 feet is good enough for schools and according to the CDC it is, it is good enough everywhere now.

cmwade77

Do you know if there's a map online that shows where the mask relief areas are located? If not, can you report what you observed as to how many there are and where they're located? If not, I can ask elsewhere. Thanks.
They are shown in the Disney World app.

Each park has one outdoor and one indoor one.

Magic Kingdom - Pete's silly sideshow and near Tomorrowland Terrace

Hollywood Studios - Star Wars Launch Bay & Indiana Stunt Show

Animal Kingdom - Pizafari & don't remember

I can't remember for EPCOT

plawren2

I think there are a lot of people still weary of flying.

I live in the Outer Banks, an area that is a very popular summer (beach) vacation spot on the East coast... And this week we are having crowds the size of summer visiting. It's not usually this busy with renters this time of year. We have about 500+ people living here year round, most of us just got our first shot last month.

Because our destination is drive-able for so many, (we're also close to a national airport and a private airports), our crowds this past summer were the biggest in years. Rental companies were seeing 95% of their bookings filled thru August/ September. Thanksgiving and New Years came and brought the large crowds back for those weeks. And this week and last we see it again. Summer rentals for this year are already booked up.
There may be a lot of people still weary of flying, yet in recent weeks total daily passengers on US domestic flights have returned to pre-pandemic levels

plawren2

Many states are already stopping, even where mandates are still in place, many people are already refusing.

I really can't.imagine mandatory masks being in place past summer of this year.
pretty sure as a private business WDW can set whatever mask policy they would like regardless of recommendations from state of Florida to no longer require them

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I linked the actual numbers for you to see. I'm not saying people aren't flying, but they certainly aren't as you said, pre- pandemic levels
There may be a lot of people still weary of flying, yet in recent weeks total daily passengers on US domestic flights have returned to pre-pandemic levels
The article you linked said
"According to The Associated Press, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screened more than one million people at airports across the United States on Sunday, marking the 18th straight day of reaching the milestone. While Sunday’s total number of screened passengers was still down 37 compared to 2019, TSA officials told The AP the milestone is “easily the most prolonged travel rebound during the pandemic.”

plawren2

I linked the actual numbers for you to see. I'm not saying people aren't flying, but they certainly aren't as you said, pre- pandemic levels

The article you linked said
"According to The Associated Press, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screened more than one million people at airports across the United States on Sunday, marking the 18th straight day of reaching the milestone. While Sunday’s total number of screened passengers was still down 37 compared to 2019, TSA officials told The AP the milestone is “easily the most prolonged travel rebound during the pandemic.”
its on the increase.thats the point

AugieMorosco

For those of you being ok wearing masks...ever done it in Florida, in the humid summer, when you can’t remove it unless you’re sitting down eating somewhere? It’s not as easy as wearing it indoors or when you are able to remove it more often
Yes. In July 2021 at WDW right after the parks reopened. If we throw out the politics of it, I think it's really about a comfortable mask that fits you well. My favorite masks I can wear all day with minimal discomfort, and most of the time I don't even notice it's on. Not much different than wearing sunglasses or a hat. Some other masks I have I can't wear for more than 10 minutes without feeling like I need to take it off. I certainly could not do a day at WDW in one of those.

kinglsyyy

I live in Tampa FL. We were one of the familes back in the parks oppening day after the shut down.
We go all the time, WDW, UO, etc.... Masks in the Florida summer are difficult. When you start sweating behind those masks it gets rough.
I am also in shape and run 4 miles every other day, and lift weights on the non run days, so its not like i am out of shape.

We will be only doing water parks and the beach staring around June.

Phil12

But if the public doesn't support them and refuses to give them business, then they will remove them.

No. Disney has people removed and arrested if guests refuse to comply with their public health directives:

cmwade77

No. Disney has people removed and arrested if guests refuse to comply with their public health directives:
You are missing the point, if the majority of people say they will no longer go to Disney World until masks aren't required, Disney will drop the requirements as they won't make any money.

I am not saying it will be immediate, but likely by the end of summer and almost definitely by the end of the year that we see the general public refuse face masks en mass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom