• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 34 9.1%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 106 28.3%

Votes: 208 55.5%

Votes: 16 4.3%

Votes: 4 1.1%

Votes: 7 1.9%

• Total voters

Bullseye1967

This is indicative of polling errors where polled people will tell the pollsters what they think they want to hear versus their actual desires or intentions
Also makes me wonder where all the polling went????? Don't ask a question when you already know the answer? And maybe the answer doesn't fit the "we are going to have COVID forever because reasons! (feel free to insert anything negative)" narrative.

bdearl41

Also makes me wonder where all the polling went????? Don't ask a question when you already know the answer? And maybe the answer doesn't fit the "we are going to have COVID forever because reasons! (feel free to insert anything negative)" narrative.
Agreed. The leading questions have been particularly bad through this story.

Bullseye1967

Agreed. The leading questions have been particularly bad through this story.
You can get a poll to say anything you want depending on :

1. How you ask the question

A. Do you agree with COVID restrictions because if you don't there is a good chance your grandma will die!!

B. Do you agree with COVID restrictions? You will probably lose your business, your savings and maybe your house?

2. Where you ask the question

A. In Chicago IL at a bears game I ask who the best football team in the NFL is?

B. In Miami FL at a dolphins game I ask who the best football team in the NFL is?

3. Who you ask the question

A. I ask 100 Vegetarians about what they like about eating meat

B. I ask 100 meat eaters about what they like about eating meat.

plawren2

I wonder where you are. I live in a purple state. In an urban area. One that went 70% Democratic to give an idea. And I think mask use maybe 50% now and there is zero social distancing. Hasn’t been distancing for a few months now.
I live in a blue city (with 70%+ democratic) within a red state and it is rare to see someone not wearing a mask at in-door locations, and most are careful about social distancing-and both have been pretty consistent for over a year. Mask wearing and social distancing has varied across the US over the last year and currently, but still very common in many locations

danlb_2000

Interestingly enough I went to see if I could find a recent poll to see where people stood and how it has changed over time. I could find at least 3 major polls done a week by pollsters from Summer 2020 through January of this year. Of the 30 biggest polls I couldn't find a single one after that. I did, however, find this Yahoo news story linked to a small poll which I really question the rests of:

Feel free to read it, but here is the focus :

While outside this poll, plenty of people have claimed that they’ll burn their masks and hug everyone in sight when the pandemic is over, the survey’s findings suggest the majority of people feel otherwise. The survey specifically found the following:

• 72 percent of people still plan to wear masks in public.
  • 80 percent will avoid crowds.
  • 90 percent will frequently wash their hands and use hand sanitizer.

I'm not buying 72% of the country will continue to wear a mask AFTER the pandemic is over.

I would be interested to see how these questions were actually worded. I did some digging but can't find that information.

Big Phil

political posts are not allowed
The best medicine is to follow Covid-19 precautionary guidelines and not to spread misinformation and deny science.

You have been lied to for over a year. It is time to move on with life. There were 40,000 mostly maskless fans at a near sold out ballpark last night in Texas for their home opener. Now that's progress. I wish we had that up here in Canada but our politicians make Cuomo and Newsom look like Mr. Rogers. Things are shifting away from this fear, so you can either join (the best suggestion) or don't.

Big Phil

It’s happening!!!!!!

I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw this as well! Then I see it is just for picture taking. However, it looks like the mask mandate will be lifted in Orange County in June according to that very same link. If that is the case then we would probably literally book our trip within hours. The fall is starting to look better and better for a WDW trip. Just in time for the 50th anniversary. I think WDW reads these posts quite a bit, so my guess is they are well aware of how many people would come once the masks are kaput.

Phil12

You have been lied to for over a year. It is time to move on with life. There were 40,000 mostly maskless fans at a near sold out ballpark last night in Texas for their home opener. Now that's progress. I wish we had that up here in Canada but our politicians make Cuomo and Newsom look like Mr. Rogers. Things are shifting away from this fear, so you can either join (the best suggestion) or don't.
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

bdearl41

So tonight there was a restaurant that was giving a free burger to those who had been vaccinated. Spoke with one of the servers. They expected 50-75 free burgers. By the time we left at 8, they had done over 850 free burgers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom