FastPass+ Disappearing on Some Attractions?

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
I apologize if this is being discussed anywhere else, but I haven't seen it. I forget where I heard about it a few days ago, but Inside the Magic, just posted about how the FastPass signs are being taped over, covered, etc on a few attractions, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Kilmanjaro Safari. I doubt FastPass will be disappearing entirely, but I wonder if this is a sign that Disney will be refreshing FastPass offerings? Removing some attractions possibly? I also wonder if this could be a sign that capacity will be increased in the coming months and a closer return to normalcy, gearing up for the 50th? Wondering everyone's thoughts and if anyone has heard anything they can share.

EDIT: I also wonder if this could mean we may be getting something like MaxPass, maybe leaving the three free FP+'s a day for some attractions and exclusive MaxPass for more popular attractions.

Magic Feather

Fastpass staying dead is not an impossibility for WDW (and probably DLR).

Current signage modifications, however, are simply to reduce guest confusion. Select attractions, I think, have begun to rebrand them as "Alternative Access Entrances" (at least that's what the Sandwich Boards say). Don't be Shocked to see that name stick around.

CJR

I would guess it's just to stop guests from asking about it. I'm sure people keep seeing DAS guests using the lines and it's confusing people.

Especially since the attractions mentioned had the "legacy FP", I have trouble believing that it would be removed from them and not others.

Unbanshee

I apologize if this is being discussed anywhere else, but I haven't seen it. I forget where I heard about it a few days ago, but Inside the Magic, just posted about how the FastPass signs are being taped over, covered, etc on a few attractions, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Kilmanjaro Safari.

Unfortunately, Inside the Magic is quite an unreliable source. Those signs have been covered since July 2020 and this is not the new development that Inside the Magic would have you believe (but they got the click, yay!).

With a website name like that, it's shocking how much time they spend Outside the Magic. They have no idea what's happening in the parks and only write stories based on tweets, hardly any first-hand knowledge or reporting

peter11435

Unfortunately, Inside the Magic is quite an unreliable source. Those signs have been covered since July 2020 and this is not the new development that Inside the Magic would have you believe (but they got the click, yay!).

With a website name like that, it's shocking how much time they spend Outside the Magic. They have no idea what's happening in the parks and only write stories based on tweets, hardly any first-hand knowledge or reporting
This. Most of these signs were removed/covered before the parks reopened or very shortly after. This was done to avoid confusion since fastpass+ is not currently being offered. While there are still decisions being made regarding the future of FP, these sign changes have nothing at all to do with that and should not be taken as any indication of what the future holds.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Indeed, and as we mentioned in the other thread about this, here is Space from July 2020.

Magic-Kingdom_Full_38157.jpg

havoc315

Fastpass staying dead is not an impossibility for WDW (and probably DLR).

Current signage modifications, however, are simply to reduce guest confusion. Select attractions, I think, have begun to rebrand them as "Alternative Access Entrances" (at least that's what the Sandwich Boards say). Don't be Shocked to see that name stick around.

If "Alternative Access Entrance" truly sticks around long term, that would suggest FP is gone without any replacement. (Alt entrance just for rider swaps, VIP tours, etc).
I do strongly suspect that the known version of FP+ is not returning. But I'd be surprise if it isn't replaced by some alternative express pass / max pass / fast pass system.
I suppose it's certainly possible... that WDW sticks to standby only for almost all guests, but that would be quite a dramatic change. Every other theme park has some sort of line-cutting system.

ilovelabs2021

Let's hope so. Who wants to decide what to ride on a specific day 60 days before a vacation!
Um, most people, lol! A Disney vacation is like no other and some sort of advanced planning is needed for most people. Sounds like you may not be one of them. ;) I am not happy that there will be no Fastpasses for our July trip, although I totally get why and I planned the trip knowing we would have to wait in lines more. We have been totally spoiled on our past trips with Fastpasses and I can't wait for them to return, whatever form that will be!

Nubs70

My observation of the elimination/suspension of FP+ is to do the need to "control" physical distancing.

By eliminating FP+ and having guests standing in a space controlled environment, a large number of guests are kept dispersed in 6ft increments. With FP+, the large number of guests would be free to roam about the park with less assurance they are staying 6ft apart. Since you are not free to roam in and out of shops and restaurants to spend money (the main justification for FP+) and park attendance in known far in advance (labor forecasting), the need/benefits of FP+ has been eliminated.

Trackmaster

My observation of the elimination/suspension of FP+ is to do the need to "control" physical distancing.

By eliminating FP+ and having guests standing in a space controlled environment, a large number of guests are kept dispersed in 6ft increments. With FP+, the large number of guests would be free to roam about the park with less assurance they are staying 6ft apart. Since you are not free to roam in and out of shops and restaurants to spend money (the main justification for FP+) and park attendance in known far in advance (labor forecasting), the need/benefits of FP+ has been eliminated.

Yeah, you have excellent points for sure. Also don't forget that I believe that its easier to keep guests distanced and locked in if they're moving a little faster. If they're basically at a standstill for a long period of time, they'll lose interest and be more likely to break the distancing. Unfortunately, the problem is that its still just way to easier to get Fast Passes. Between recovery passes, DAS passes, tour groups, VIPs, etc. the Fast Pass line still gets a steady flow of people, but the average person who paid $120 to go is still stuck in stand-by without any FP+'s.

I'm not saying that I want DAS to go, but when you take away options, its going to encourage more people to just fib a little to get the DAS when they wouldn't have ordinarily. That's why I think long-term, there needs to be some kind of free virtual queuing system available to all with the price of admission.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom