News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

fgmnt

It really is bonkers to me that WDI didn't care if the lagoon and the views across it were screwed up all day for something that happens at night. You will never be able to look from FW to WS or back again, if it's true that these are stationary machines. Do they not care?
Does WDI have a lot of input on something like this?

Morbidly curious if this will be live when I am down there in late October. Trying to approach it with an open mind but man...

Creathir

Does WDI have a lot of input on something like this?

Morbidly curious if this will be live when I am down there in late October. Trying to approach it with an open mind but man...
They would have had considerable input.
It’s possible they raised objections and were ignored, but something as basic as alignment of the show just to avoid repositioning the center dock, I have to think WDI of yesteryear would have found a way to make it happen and remain in budget.

I blame WDI as much as management on this cluster...

cgersic

I just got back from visiting Epcot this past Sunday. The tacos and stargate are more hideous in person than in the photos. It's physically jarring to be enjoying a stroll around the lagoon, look towards what would normally be across the water at the opposing country, and get stopped in your tracks by giant black blobs instead. When approached by a PPP, I asked it he could take one without the tacos in it, and he actually got upset with me for asking. Seriously?!

Which brings me to another question: I'm seeing posts regarding the cleanliness of the lagoon water. One of my favorite stops, especially on a hot day, is in Canada at the bottom of the falls (entrance to the movie). I will stand there and let the mist cool me off, and now I'm starting to second guess myself. Is this the same nasty water you speak of that's in the lagoon?

owlsandcoffee

Which brings me to another question: I'm seeing posts regarding the cleanliness of the lagoon water. One of my favorite stops, especially on a hot day, is in Canada at the bottom of the falls (entrance to the movie). I will stand there and let the mist cool me off, and now I'm starting to second guess myself. Is this the same nasty water you speak of that's in the lagoon?

Lol even if it's all connected I'm sure it's safe to get misted with it. If it wasn't, they'd prevent you from doing it.

Mac Tonight

"Synergy" by Bob Chapek.

Avengers Portal.jpg

EPICOT

I just got back from visiting Epcot this past Sunday. The tacos and stargate are more hideous in person than in the photos. It's physically jarring to be enjoying a stroll around the lagoon, look towards what would normally be across the water at the opposing country, and get stopped in your tracks by giant black blobs instead. When approached by a PPP, I asked it he could take one without the tacos in it, and he actually got upset with me for asking. Seriously?!

Hmm I wonder if that is a directive from the higher-ups or just the thoughts of the individual PPP? Either way, it’s ridiculous that they would be shocked that people don’t want a tangle of industrial steel in their family photos.

TTA94

You can see one of the arm coverings and bottom part of the stargate. Hopefully that’s not the finale coverings. I was expecting the arms at least to look like the concept art which is gold.

jt04

Maybe you can help us by posting an image from the most flattering angle possible. I'm having trouble finding it.

Seriously though, an addition of stadium style grandstand between the two gateway shops, done properly, would help alleviate the 'first impression' impact of those approaching WS.

And it would generate 💲💲💲💲

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Seriously though, an addition of stadium style grandstand between the two gateway shops, done properly, would help alleviate the 'first impression' impact of those approaching WS.

And it would generate 💲💲💲💲

No, it wouldn’t. There is no covering up the jarring visual you get when walking towards WSL. None.

Remind us all again the last time you set foot inside Epcot, or any WDW theme park, for that matter?

jt04

No, it wouldn’t. There is no covering up the jarring visual you get when walking towards WSL. None.

Remind us all again the last time you set foot inside Epcot, or any WDW theme park, for that matter?

If you couldn't see the barges on approach it would make a great deal of difference to the first time guest. A stadium or amphitheater though small in this situation, would help IMO. You have to imagine what the creatives could do with such a project. Lots of possibilities.

It could even have a few skyboxes. Climate controlled of course. ☔

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If you couldn't see the barges on approach it would make a great deal of difference to the first time guest. A stadium or amphitheater though small in this situation, would help IMO. You have to imagine what the creatives could do with such a project. Lots of possibilities.

It could even have a few skyboxes. Climate controlled of course. ☔

I’ve seen the barges/tacos/stargate with my own two eyes. Have you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom