Best Hollywood Studios Attraction added to the park

What is the Best Hollywood Studios Attraction that has been just added to the park.

• Toy Story Land

Votes: 35 11.8%
  • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Votes: 52 17.5%
  • Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge

Votes: 210 70.7%

• Total voters

Skibum1970

Agreed. Toy Story is honestly their most over-used and forced IP across the entire Parks division, IMO.

If they had the space, I would argue for a Pixar Lane with a focus on rides based on those movies. May not be enough space for that, though. Best case would be to extend from Toy Story Land all the way along the back to hook up with the path by Rock-n-Roller Coaster.

MagicHappens1971

If they had the space, I would argue for a Pixar Lane with a focus on rides based on those movies. May not be enough space for that, though. Best case would be to extend from Toy Story Land all the way along the back to hook up with the path by Rock-n-Roller Coaster.
They could've built upon the Pixar Studios theme, taken over Animation Courtyard, and built a kind of the Pixar Studios facade, and its backlot, and put a bunch of different themed attractions under Pixar into the same building, the Door Coaster for example would've been a great candidate, an Incredibles themed omniover, etc. But they decided to go this route and oversaturate the park with nonsense

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
The Trolley Car Cafe: Starbucks
Starbucks-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_23143.jpg

Movielover

Keep in mind that all ages visit WDW, and that different attractions are for different people. All those flat rides that y'all scoff at were my 6-year-old's favorites. He's terrified by ROTR and especially ToT. That's not necessarily fun for his parents...
This! That's like the argument to remove the Speedway in Tomorrowland. Just because you are old enough to drive and find it pointless doesn't mean others don't find it fun and meaningful, especially those young enough who can't drive. Now the argument to add to the ride and plus it is still there but the general "Well I don't like it or ride it so it must be removed" argument on here is kinda sad.

owlsandcoffee

They originally HAD Pixar Place, where the original entrance to Toy Story Midway Mania was. It's used as an event space now, sometimes. I still don't know why they didn't put the Pixar Land where SW:GE is. Pixar Place would've led straight into it. I'm aware there's a service road there but it just makes sense.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think you might be the only one. IMO, it’s one of the best integrated on property Starbucks, inside and out.

It is, I was just channeling my inner John Hench. 😂 We were there a few weeks ago and as we waited for our order I was pretty impressed at how well done the interior was. Obviously the exterior fits well, so overall it does fit the area quite well. The previous gift shop always felt, to me, like it was an afterthought, something thrown in to take up the space. I honestly don’t have any memories of it before the late 2000’s, though, so maybe it was better at some point in the past.

RSoxNo1

This! That's like the argument to remove the Speedway in Tomorrowland. Just because you are old enough to drive and find it pointless doesn't mean others don't find it fun and meaningful, especially those young enough who can't drive. Now the argument to add to the ride and plus it is still there but the general "Well I don't like it or ride it so it must be removed" argument on here is kinda sad.
The Speedway is located adjacent to the most valuable real estate in the parks. It should have been rebuilt as part of Toy Story Land so that the Tomorrowland version could be removed and the footprint better utilized.

owlsandcoffee

The Speedway is located adjacent to the most valuable real estate in the parks. It should have been rebuilt as part of Toy Story Land so that the Tomorrowland version could be removed and the footprint better utilized.

I just want the Speedway to be rebuilt more similarly to Autopia. WED tried something and deviated from the original for WDW, but it didn't work. Time to do what works.

RSoxNo1

I just want the Speedway to be rebuilt more similarly to Autopia. WED tried something and deviated from the original for WDW, but it didn't work. Time to do what works.
I want it to be built in a way that includes multiple attractions on the footprint. This could have been done with TRON.

UNCgolf

My problem with the Speedway is that there are better versions of it all over the place. There are hundreds if not thousands of better versions of go-kart tracks scattered around the United States. The Speedway doesn't really serve a purpose because there's nothing about it that's even remotely unique to Disney; most people could take their kid to a local place within 30 minutes of where they live and get a better experience.

They could use that land for far better things, and if they actually do want to keep a go-kart track for some reason, they could at least make it unique to Disney in some way.

ImperfectPixie

My problem with the Speedway is that there are better versions of it all over the place. There are hundreds if not thousands of better versions of go-kart tracks scattered around the United States. The Speedway doesn't really serve a purpose because there's nothing about it that's even remotely unique to Disney; most people could take their kid to a local place within 30 minutes of where they live and get a better experience.

They could use that land for far better things, and if they actually do want to keep a go-kart track for some reason, they could at least make it unique to Disney in some way.
There used to be a K1 Racing near us...but it was so dang expensive, they ended up closing the location. Fantastic idea...but they need to price it reasonably and not pay mall rents (which they were - in a mall in a working-class town that is trying to charge Newbury Street, Boston rent prices...the mall is a virtual ghost town because it's being massively mismanaged).

mikejs78

Premium Member
A package of flat rides has been on and off for DHS for years. Disney knows it is a major weakness of the park.
Don't know why they just can't commit to it.. I mean, those can't be that expensive in the grand scheme of things...

AK could use some more as well along with a couple more D/E tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom