Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Um, lol, how does that negate the fact that we still pay Disney money every year whether we go or not?

every timeshare does that...

and you signed the contract to pay them.

I agree Disney has largely turned its back on the loyal customers in many ways...but this “argument” holds no water.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
every timeshare does that...

and you signed the contract to pay them.

I agree Disney has largely turned its back on the loyal customers in many ways...but this “argument” holds no water.

Eh okay. I know what I paid into. It's the stupid stuff like paying extra for cleaning service and towels that get my goat. Why in the world should I have to tip the cleaning lady for fresh towels? People say we don't pay for anything else is kinda misleading. Just because I front loaded my payment for the next 20 years of hotel stays doesn't mean that they shouldn't be awarded with benefits sometimes. Yes yes, the 10% Disney store discount is okay, if you're a shopaholic.

I wasn't wanting free tickets to the park or something, i was clearly just talking fastpass stuff

runnsally

Eh okay. I know what I paid into. It's the stupid stuff like paying extra for cleaning service and towels that get my goat. Why in the world should I have to tip the cleaning lady for fresh towels? People say we don't pay for anything else is kinda misleading. Just because I front loaded my payment for the next 20 years of hotel stays doesn't mean that they shouldn't be awarded with benefits sometimes. Yes yes, the 10% Disney store discount is okay, if you're a shopaholic.

I wasn't wanting free tickets to the park or something, i was clearly just talking fastpass stuff
The fact that your payment is front-loaded is exactly why certain types of additional incentives are unlikely.

Roy G. Dis

For the record I like free stuff too but I hope there's any form, free or paid, of Fastpass+/max/Fully Loaded/Electric Boogaloo available when we visit in June.

nickys

Premium Member

You get extra towels for free now.

The cleaning costs you because you bought a timeshare, not a hotel room.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

you didn’t understand what you signed...frankly. None of that stuff was guaranteed.

you can call it cheap...for sure...but they don’t care what you say or want.

the recourse is to sell it, never go to wdw again and start a social media following that blasts them.
Are you game?

rle4lunch

Original Poster
you didn’t understand what you signed...frankly. None of that stuff was guaranteed.

you can call it cheap...for sure...but they don’t care what you say or want.

the recourse is to sell it, never go to wdw again and start a social media following that blasts them.
Are you game?
No. As long as I have young ones that want to go, this will be the cheaper option in the long run. Our wdw vacations on average before DVC ran around 4-4.5k per trip. And that's taking into account my 40% off military salute tickets. So the logical thing to do DVC. That said, I really thought the "Disney difference" would show up with the DVC purchase. What I got instead was a obligatory "welcome home" and a purple turnstile color. Lol.

We read up on DVC for years, so I fully understood the contract.

By all accounts, I am a cheap ba$tard, but I won't jump in with the bash wdw bandwagon every chance I get crew. But the ROI continues to lower with every trip we take.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No. As long as I have young ones that want to go, this will be the cheaper option in the long run. Our wdw vacations on average before DVC ran around 4-4.5k per trip. And that's taking into account my 40% off military salute tickets. So the logical thing to do DVC. That said, I really thought the "Disney difference" would show up with the DVC purchase. What I got instead was a obligatory "welcome home" and a purple turnstile color. Lol.

We read up on DVC for years, so I fully understood the contract.

By all accounts, I am a cheap ba$tard, but I won't jump in with the bash wdw bandwagon every chance I get crew. But the ROI continues to lower with every trip we take.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you...but the hard reality is this:

1. when you bought...you lost your advantage as a consumer...which is to withhold your business
2. The return on investment for DVC has declined steadily under iger. Period. But remember he’s the greatest thing ever.
3. Don’t question big bother.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
I don’t necessarily disagree with you...but the hard reality is this:

1. when you bought...you lost your advantage as a consumer...which is to withhold your business
2. The return on investment for DVC has declined steadily under iger. Period. But remember he’s the greatest thing ever.
3. Don’t question big bother.

3. I've got to question big bother. Is that Pooh's "street name" ? And is he coming to collect his hunny from me? If so, I'll capitulate. That bear's got problems!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

+

=

🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom