Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

Creathir

I just go based off what I see from Disney.

Types
View attachment 540723

Subtypes
View attachment 540724
Assuming this is a real list from a database and/or the source code of an app, these appear to be fast pass types along with subtypes.

Taking a swag at what each represents:
AUTO_RECOVERY - Handed out to appease a large group of customers who maybe have to leave the queue or something due to an out of CM control issue such as an e-stop situation
AUTO_DOWNTIME_RECOVERY - Handed out when the ride is e-stopped and evacuated?
ACCESSIBILITY - Handed out for a scheduled return time for wheelchairs/scooters. They do this with some rides like Everest today
VACATION_CLUB - Handed out to prospective DVC members for going thru the sales presentation
RECOVERY_INVENTORY - Handed out to appease a customer? Maybe each CM is granted X amount of these per day/week?
RECOVERY_NON_INVENTORY - Handed out by guest relations to appease a customer, outside of the normal allotment of appeasement items
GOVERNMENT - Military/public servant appreciation type of fast passes handed out for special circumstances/occasions
LOCATION_RETURN - Legacy comped fastpass via the app? (Return at X time)
PURCHASED - The new MaxPass type of entry to the ride
PRESS - Press pass for line skipping
RIDER_SWAP - The rider swap type of fast pass
VIP - Self-explanatory
NOT_FOUND - An unknown bucket/category. I'd imagine CMs are trained to avoid sticking folks in this bucket but can if necessary

SubTypes:
NOI_COMP - Some type of complimentary pass?
NON_COMP - Some type of non-complimentary pass?
GENIE - From the Genie auto-selection mechanism?
ULTIMATE - Some type of all-inclusive fast pass
NOT_FOUND - An unknown bucket/category. I'd imagine CMs are trained to avoid sticking folks in this bucket but can if necessary

nickys

Premium Member
Assuming this is a real list from a database and/or the source code of an app, these appear to be fast pass types along with subtypes.

AUTO_RECOVERY - Handed out to appease a large group of customers who maybe have to leave the queue or something due to an out of CM control issue such as an e-stop situation
ACCESSIBILITY - Handed out for a scheduled return time for wheelchairs/scooters. They do this with some rides like Everest today
VACATION_CLUB - Handed out to prospective DVC members for going thru the sales presentation
RECOVERY_INVENTORY - Handed out to appease a customer? Maybe each CM is granted X amount of these per day/week?
RECOVERY_NON_INVENTORY - Handed out by guest relations to appease a customer, outside of the normal allotment of appeasement items
GOVERNMENT - Military/public servant appreciation type of fast passes handed out for special circumstances/occasions
VIP - Self-explanatory

SubTypes:
I think “Accessibility” will be DAS.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member

VIP - Self-explanatory

SubTypes:
Purchased could be the 3 extra FP that club level can purchase (90 days out for $60 a day per person)... But I also think it could be the MaxPass type.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
IMO the whole purpose of monetizing FP would be so less people use it.
Just like the original purpose of FP was to help people make better use of their time in the parks. /s

Monetizing FP will be for one purpose only:
1616200309662.png

runnsally

Thinking more about it, I’d be surprised if WDW abandons the FP+ infrastructure and goes with a modified version of Maxpass. My current bet is on access to FP becoming a ticket upcharge (like park hopping) and the on-site advantage is just an earlier booking window. Could also muck around with how many FPs each bucket of guests can pre-book.

But hey, every ticket holder still gets to book a park pass...for free!

JakeAZ

Just like the original purpose of FP was to help people make better use of their time in the parks. /s

Monetizing FP will be for one purpose only:
View attachment 540755
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly don't care when companies make more money, if the end result is a better experience.

If the by-product of paid FP means there are less FP out there and standby lines move better...so be it.

Now, if they just end up using a price point that is basically "must do" for everyone, then as a poster on another site put it:

"if you don’t (buy the FP upcharge) it materially makes your trip worse, even though since everyone will feel they have to pay for it, having it won't make your trip materially better"

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Maybe it's just me, but I honestly don't care when companies make more money, if the end result is a better experience.

If the by-product of paid FP means there are less FP out there and standby lines move better...so be it.

Now, if they just end up using a price point that is basically "must do" for everyone, then as a poster on another site put it:

"if you don’t (buy the FP upcharge) it materially makes your trip worse, even though since everyone will feel they have to pay for it, having it won't make your trip materially better"
Well, if EVERYbody has a FastPass, then NObody has a FastPass...

Disney's just following the lead of major oil companies and diamond cartels who have been making scarce resources more expensive since time began.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
I don’t see why DVC would have a different category. They don’t for anything else.

I'll respectfully disagree. We paid 32k for DVC points, and pay over 1.5k per year for "maintenance" fees.

I think that if any park goer that pays something to them every year, whether they go annually or not, deserves some sort of beni.

havoc315

I'll respectfully disagree. We paid 32k for DVC points, and pay over 1.5k per year for "maintenance" fees.

I think that if any park goer that pays something to them every year, whether they go annually or not, deserves some sort of beni.

You have a huge Beni — lodging every year. The beni you paid for.
DVC membership has never been entitled to extra fastpasses.

JakeAZ

Um, lol, how does that negate the fact that we still pay Disney money every year whether we go or not?
Were you promised anything other than lodging?

Now, if they offer an on-site benefit for Deluxe, Club or Grand Villa, IMO you should be able to take advantage of that.

But a stand alone benefit for DVC...I don't see that happening. They already know you are coming frequently. They don't need to incentive it.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Um, lol, how does that negate the fact that we still pay Disney money every year whether we go or not?

It's a contract. You agreed to those payments. The fact you couldn't go to the timeshare isn't Disney's fault or responsibility. Not trying to be harsh, but those are terms you agreed to. If I have a car loan and a situation renders me unable to drive for a period of time I can't just call the bank and say "I shouldn't have to pay because I was unable to drive the vehicle". And they won't send me floormats in the mail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom