The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

TTA94

I've got to think they'll run Magic Happens once they are doing entertainment (in general) since they barely ran it at all before the shutdown. It ran for less than a month, right?

Could they run more than one parade? Sure, they could, but given the entertainment CM cuts getting back to being able to do multiple parades (not to mention Fantasmic! and other shows) would IMHO be down the road a good bit.

Not that it means that PTN would be sent to WDW, just that I'm skeptical that DL will run it.

All depends how strong that rumor was in the first place and how badly WDW wanted a nighttime parade back in the MK for the 50th. From the sounds of it they had to axe the brand new parade idea, then I guess it went to PTN? So maaybe there was a bit of interest going on?We can only hope.

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
All depends how strong that rumor was in the first place and how badly WDW wanted a nighttime parade back in the MK for the 50th. From the sounds of it they had to axe the brand new parade idea, then I guess it went to PTN? So maaybe there was a bit of interest going on?We can only hope.
All we actually know is that the Frozen float is in Hong Kong now.

jrhwdw

PTN fit perfectly with the 60th and Pixar Fest, but DL turned to MSEP when it need help. 2017(which is why MK is in this mess before COVID) and 2019. So, we all know DL will need help when Entertainment is greenlighted. I'm guessing Magic Happens, F!2.0, MSEP and any Past Fireworks Spectacular that's NOT Mix Magic??

WDW will need the same help, Should be interesting what their plan is...The 50th Entertainment if COVID never happened would have been fine.....now?????

doctornick

Disneyland gets a 3rd park and MK gets ribbons on the castle, lol
Well itā€™s more a proposal to get zoning changed so they be able to add more space to the parks at DLR not anything imminent. Seems they feel that the time is ripe to pressure the local government given the state of tax revenue currently.

That said, it is quite frustrating that TWDC goes out of their way to keep adding space to the parks at DLR, squeezing out ever square inch while at WDW and the ā€œblessing of sizeā€ they constantly replace far more than add. Why exactly os MMRR an expansion in the park with dozens of rides and a replacement in the park with less than 10?

Giss Neric

At WDW, all parade performers are also character performers. And there are still a TON waiting for recall from furlough. Itā€™s a little different than Disneyland where performers are only contracted to specific offerings. At WDW, performers can pretty much be trained to do anything (parades, shows, characters, puppets) as long as it isnā€™t equity.
I totally agree and that's a great thing. Although I might admit that Disneyland characters perform their roles better, they look more like the part and clearly have experience in acting. Not surprising since it's in Cali where most are aspiring this and aspiring that.

The Rocketeer

Well itā€™s more a proposal to get zoning changed so they be able to add more space to the parks at DLR not anything imminent. Seems they feel that the time is ripe to pressure the local government given the state of tax revenue currently.

That said, it is quite frustrating that TWDC goes out of their way to keep adding space to the parks at DLR, squeezing out ever square inch while at WDW and the ā€œblessing of sizeā€ they constantly replace far more than add. Why exactly os MMRR an expansion in the park with dozens of rides and a replacement in the park with less than 10?
It is totally frustrating. A Universe of Energy 3.0 could exist with a more appropriately themed rollercoaster elsewhere in the park (love the concept of Cosmic Rewind, but don't think it fits in EPCOT still). Studios could've easily had an updated Great Movie Ride and a Mickey attraction simultaneously. Unless the replacement will objectively be a better experience, like Pandora replacing Camp Minnie Mickey, it makes sense to try to implement the idea elsewhere if it can be done thematically. Even with that example they moved FOLK and didn't retire it, so it was a win-win. Each of the parks have some limitations with expansion, but they have much more flexibility and room than DLR obviously. Though it's a good idea to utilize abandoned attraction space first... cause it should have never been abandoned in the first place

UNCgolf

Though it's a good idea to utilize abandoned attraction space first... cause it should have never been abandoned in the first place

This is one of the many issues with Tron in Tomorrowland. Instead of developing something to go in one of the currently abandoned spaces, they cloned a ride from elsewhere and dropped it in without much care for how it fits. It's nice that it's an addition instead of a replacement, but why not make use of those abandoned areas first?

doctornick

This is one of the many issues with Tron in Tomorrowland. Instead of developing something to go in one of the currently abandoned spaces, they cloned a ride from elsewhere and dropped it in without much care for how it fits. It's nice that it's an addition instead of a replacement, but why not make use of those abandoned areas first?

Outside of Stitch - which is pitiful that it is closed and unused, but is not a particularly large space - what other spots in MK are "abandoned"? Seems to me that most anything to be built in MK would need to be an expansion or a replacement of something existing unless I'm forgetting someplace there.

lazyboy97o

Outside of Stitch - which is pitiful that it is closed and unused, but is not a particularly large space - what other spots in MK are "abandoned"? Seems to me that most anything to be built in MK would need to be an expansion or a replacement of something existing unless I'm forgetting someplace there.
The Stitch theaters would be the only abandoned attraction space but there are others. There is abandoned retail space in Adventureland that was boarded up when Aladdinā€™s Flying Carpets was dropped in. Tomorrowland Terrace and Tortuga Tavern are under utilized. The Galaxy Palace Theater space is now parking. I believe Princess Fairy Tale Hall only uses part of the Snow Whiteā€™s Scary Adventures Space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom