News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

legwand77

I'm quite interested to know why there is so much air conditioning hardware on the barges. Something is getting very hot in there that needs cooling. Possible the display system or water pumps.
Yup Computers, Lights , Pumps/Motors + Florida heat and humidity neccesitate that level of cooling. Middle of the lake in August couldn't be much more of a hostile environment for that stuff.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm quite interested to know why there is so much air conditioning hardware on the barges. Something is getting very hot in there that needs cooling. Possible the display system or water pumps.

Tons of pumps... tons of electrical equipment... tons of hydraulic motors.. all setup in a bunker.

Wonder if they have perm electrical hookups out there in the lagoon? I can't phathom the load these platforms must consume.. just doing the math has to be full of lolz by the time you get to the bottom of the sheet.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Tons of pumps... tons of electrical equipment... tons of hydraulic motors.. all setup in a bunker.

Wonder if they have perm electrical hookups out there in the lagoon? I can't phathom the load these platforms must consume.. just doing the math has to be full of lolz by the time you get to the bottom of the sheet.
Yeah they spent more than $2million adding some serious power to the lagoon.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
While I am a person who generally waits until projects are complete before passing judgment, there really is no way you can justify these barges in this case. I give a pass for most things simply because I still have fun while experiencing them, but these things are just wrong, period.

It’s as if “show” was completely ignored by those in management who approved this junk and have no idea what that actually means. Kind of like selling the same overpriced garbage merchandise everywhere, or some nondescript roller coaster themed to something in India or something...

SplashJacket

That definitely does not seem to be the case. I couldn't imagine them running open flames next to exposed water pumps and screens.
They're doing just that for Tokyo DisneySea's new show
1616599594933.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would have thought that the barges would be a whole lot less intrusive if they were painted sky blue, not lagoon murky grey.
The LED panels can be used for further camouflage. Going by the artist rendering, there may be faux sprays on the screen to enhance the fountains. They theoretically could put up faux scenery (blurred) behind the faux sprays for the illusion of being see-through.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Well they brought in a 26KV service to one of the islands with the numerous pad transformers on it for a reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom