Spotlights return to Disney's Hollywood Studios

tirian

Back when the people in charge cared about things, when something was failing, people formulated a plan to fix and replace so that there would be minimal impact to guests. It wasn’t simply shut off for 10 years.

I have to disagree in that they are using new technology. Agree they should never have taken away the old lighting without a replacement but there seems to be a renewed focus on these sorts of critical details.

And Imagineering nailed this. Simply stunning. How many hidden details have been lost to time that old school Imagineering installed? Love the emphasis on lighting that we are seeing that are restoring the lustre to the parks and even improving on it as seen here.

To think some people were worried about the BAH going away.

PS- yes this was worth logging in for. ⏰

👍 Imagineering

“This is a culmination of years of work by our teams to bring “premiere night, every night” energy to this iconic golden age of Hollywood architecture.”

It took years of work from multiple “teams” to make a white light pan back and forth?
I’m glad to see the lights again, but do WDI and diehard fans not realize that lights are installed and/or maintained all around the world every single day? Yay, Zach?

Still, I’m glad to see some details restored to MGM/Hollywood/IP Holdings.

The Rocketeer

“This is a culmination of years of work by our teams to bring “premiere night, every night” energy to this iconic golden age of Hollywood architecture.”

It took years of work from multiple “teams” to make a white light pan back and forth?
To be fair, perhaps he's referring to the projection work on the theatre, then eventually the ToT and the Runaway Railway sign? It's still a stretch...

yensidtlaw1969

I’m glad to see the lights again, but do WDI and diehard fans not realize that lights are installed and/or maintained all around the world every single day? Yay, Zach?

Still, I’m glad to see some details restored to MGM/Hollywood/IP Holdings.
"Disney Holdings Studios" . . . there's that name chance they were looking for!

And we can keep using "DHS" to refer to it! Win-win.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do they not make enough from Le Cellier??

Jeeze. Glad that didn't happen. You'd think it's super clear that World Showcase is overstuffed with eateries at this point.
A free movie generates no extra income. Nor does it generate extra clicks at the park's gate.

JohnD

It’s fascinating how some people feel compelled to find a negative perspective of every single thing Disney does.
I made the same point about the LEDs being installed on SSE. With the spots, I prefer to wait and see rather than the default doom and gloom that tends to prevail on this forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom