News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

castlecake2.0

So RetroWDW just posted an remastered home video from 1983 of a day at EPCOT. It is beautiful. Everything is so pristine and crisp. Take a look to see how beautifully designed this park was only a year into its operations, especially Future World.

One of the most interesting parts to me is the cameraman has quite a bit of footage from outside of UOE. It’s a little hard to hear but I think this would be the most audio we have from UOE’s original BGM.

I feel like epcot will always be a park that we do not deserve, and the majority of guests will never understand or appreciate.

The Empress Lilly

FB_IMG_1614690800921.jpg

Historically accurate depiction of one of Future World's forebears.

I do believe Thag intended to built a cave system here rather than a theme park, but he met his premature end at the hand, well tail, of a stegosaur.

Last edited:

OceanBlue

The removal of the building opens the siteline of Spaceship Earth and base, not sure where these images were taken from, but that seems interesting. Where can I find renderings of the new water features? Will they also have a more open feel and view?

Bocabear

I think it is all probably directive from the top... Open vacant fields are not "More Disney" A Moana Splash Zone does NOT belong at the main entrance the EPCOT It would be the first thing you see after passing Spaceship Earth. (Dreamers Point, whatever that is, is further into the center of the hub)...and then acres of vacant land to the lake. If they have a plan, you would think they would show their hand, because most of their loyal fans who spend thousands every year are completely disappointed with their plans and distressed at the destruction of a beloved park...

BasiltheBatLord

Trying to make sure I understand everything still left at Epcot. Can someone confirm all of this for me? I looked through the project tracker but there's a lot of info in there so just want to make sure I'm clear on all of this.

New entrance (what's left to be completed here?)
Future World changes (when will this all be done?)
Ratatouille (this year)
Space 220 (this year)
Harmonious (this year?)
PLAY Pavillion (this year?)
Wondrous China (this year?)
Cosmic Rewind (2022)
Impressions de France update (2022?)
SSE Refurb (delayed indefinitely?)
Mary Poppins attraction (cancelled?)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Trying to make sure I understand everything still left at Epcot. Can someone confirm all of this for me? I looked through the project tracker but there's a lot of info in there so just want to make sure I'm clear on all of this.

Future World changes (when will this all be done?) 2023
Ratatouille (this year) very soon (edit- but may slip)
Space 220 (this year) yes
Harmonious (this year?) maybe - if so probably later
PLAY Pavillion (this year?) no
Wondrous China (this year?) unknown
Cosmic Rewind (2022) yes
Impressions de France update (2022?) possibly slipped
SSE Refurb (delayed indefinitely?) delayed
Mary Poppins attraction (cancelled?) cancelled until otherwise

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Future World changes (when will this all be done?)
Ratatouille (this year)
Space 220 (this year)
Harmonious (this year?)
PLAY Pavillion (this year?)
Wondrous China (this year?)
Cosmic Rewind (2022)
Impressions de France update (2022?)
SSE Refurb (delayed indefinitely?)
Mary Poppins attraction (cancelled?)
Mary Poppins apparently got the axe to fund the Splash Mountain retheme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom