Underappreciated Rides - What’s Your Favorite?

Smiley/OCD

Another vote for Pooh, M:S, Impression de France and LwtL

Additionally, Tom Sawyer's Island is such a treasure. The caves, the barrel bridge (when it's available) and the fort with the escape tunnel are all so great! Since there are so rarely areas of nature for kids to explore in the real world, it's nice to have a kind of approximation in MK
YES! Our family LOVES TSI, and when the kids were little, they used to love searching for the paintbrushes first thing in the morning...a great place to relax!

JIMINYCR

Can you really call a ride "underrated" when it cost the park $100 million (adjusted for inflation it would be even more)? You may enjoy it, but it was clearly a huge flop and set that area back some.
Sure. Underrated or as the Op asked, under appreciated, means guests see it as being inferior, dont like it as its presently being presented, and gets knocked constantly. Whether it cost $100 Million has no bearing on how I see it. I do enjoy it which was my honest answer/ opinion to the Op's query.

jme

One of my favorite underrated rides is no more... Ellen's Energy Adventure. I skipped it on several visits before ducking in there to avoid the rain once. Once the ride entered phase 2 I was blown away and it became an instant favorite.

I also LOVE Gran Fiesta Tour

Animal Kingdom's Wildlife Express Train is also pretty great and largely overlooked. (Probably because the destination isn't very appealing. I just like to ride it round trip)

rreading

One of my favorite underrated rides is no more... Ellen's Energy Adventure. I skipped it on several visits before ducking in there to avoid the rain once. Once the ride entered phase 2 I was blown away and it became an instant favorite.

I also LOVE Gran Fiesta Tour

Animal Kingdom's Wildlife Express Train is also pretty great and largely overlooked. (Probably because the destination isn't very appealing. I just like to ride it round trip)

I do like the Wildlife Express Train, but feel like it could have been so much more.

I find it interesting that no one has mentioned its destination (Rafiki's outpost?)...but it just isn't so great. It would be easy to find it under-appreciated though!

The Empress Lilly

This might be the most gorgeous piece of entertainment ever produced by the Walt Disney Company. I'm almost choked up how perfect it is every time I see it. Hearing that piano trill from Les Carnival des Animaux as the camera moves in towards Chateau Chenconceaux never fails to tingle my spine and give me goosebumps. I don't care a whiff that some of the clothes people wear in the film look a little dated, the overall picture of life in France is timeless.
Some films become outdated, others ripen. IdF is a tone poem. As such it is timeless.

An effect the film strives for itself, it tries to paint a timeless picture of France.

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

This might be the most gorgeous piece of entertainment ever produced by the Walt Disney Company. I'm almost choked up how perfect it is every time I see it. Hearing that piano trill from Les Carnival des Animaux as the camera moves in towards Chateau Chenconceaux never fails to tingle my spine and give me goosebumps. I don't care a whiff that some of the clothes people wear in the film look a little dated, the overall picture of life in France is timeless.
I never miss it! I also loved Soarin' Over California with the Jerry Goldsmith score. Circlevision America the Beautiful (1967) and Canada '67. Adventure through Inner Space. DL Mark V Monorail (riding in the bubble).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom