Underappreciated Rides - What’s Your Favorite?

Mrchips0401

I agree with you. I rode it for the first time in 2011, tried green first, cool but I could handle more intensity, so I went orange and I thought it's extraordinary to feel like your cheeks are about to hit the back of your seat. I didn't feel anything but a huge thrill. Went back in 2017 and rode it like 3 or 4 times in the 2 days I spent in Epcot, went back a year ago and rode it only once because my brother in law felt like crap and threw up after riding it, so nobody wanted to ride it anymore.

I also have so much love for the Country Bears. My dad always loved it and we always watched the show when we went with him as kids, so in 2011, 2017 and 2020 I went in and recorded short videos to send to my dad. I love that show!
I rode this one too soon after it was opened (can’t remember which color/version) but I clearly remember feeling like I was about to pass out during the initial rocket take off .....didn’t feel sick thank god but a pretty thrilling ride.

Skibum1970

MK: Pooh
Epcot: Living With The Land (Three Caballeros was a close second)
Studios: Star Tours (Muppets was a close second). I personally think that Star Tours is a much better ride than Mill Falcon.
AK: Dinosaur. I hear a lot of complaints but I love this ride.

Trackmaster

Meaning of underrated in English​

underrated
adjective

US

better or more important than most people believe:

it is 'underrated' because it is an amazing ride and people overlook it - mostly based on location IMO - it is one of our favorites. If you only do the green I can see why it is meh. You just proved the point with your comment " it was clearly a huge flop" - as in, it is underrated for the quality it is.

I think that you have done a good job of establishing the definition of underrated and establishing that the ride isn't well liked as a basis point (not even being sarcastic when I say this, I agree with you on these). However, you haven't established that it is an amazing ride or adds any value at all. Just you enjoying it doesn't make it underrated. It having some redeemable value, or being inherently having a high quality to it would be necessary to establish it as an underrated ride.

I might be more willing to accept your argument if you provided strong detail and support for why the ride was awesome and redeemable rather than just vaguely saying that you and your family like it.

NelleBelle

Dinosaur would be my choice. The wait is usually minimal, the queue is indoors (air conditioning!), and the ride itself is entertaining.
I'll have to give this one another go. I haven't been on it in years, mainly because my oldest son back in the day hated loud rides and was somewhat terrified of it (what can I say, he was terrified of HM, too, and this was when he was way to old to be scared, like 10 😳, but before people get on me about that, he has long since outgrown that fear and now laughs and me and my ride anxieties)!. I also felt like it was somewhat of a whiplash-inducing ride.

BubbaisSleep

MK: Tom Sawyer Island. I’ve never gotten over the fort shutting down at Disneyland.

Epcot: I really enjoy Living with the Land. Sad I’ve only ridden it twice in my life.

DCA: Pixar Pal Wheel. When the line is short once every few years I love to ride it.

Disneyland: ROA. I still enjoy a ride around the river just as much after the recent redo.

Lilofan

Muppet Vision 3D
One neat tidbit of Muppet 3D at DHS. In the pre show hallway there is a sign that says " key under mat ". You lift up the mat in that area and the key is taped underneath! I enjoy Mr Potato Head at the pre show of Toy Story ride at DHS. Apparently there is a cast member operating the voice mechanism and Mr Potato Head makes impromptu jokes with the fellow guests nearby. It helps pass the time when the attraction had 1-2 hour waits and we were waiting what seems forever in the queue line inside.

imsosarah

I think that you have done a good job of establishing the definition of underrated and establishing that the ride isn't well liked as a basis point (not even being sarcastic when I say this, I agree with you on these). However, you haven't established that it is an amazing ride or adds any value at all. Just you enjoying it doesn't make it underrated. It having some redeemable value, or being inherently having a high quality to it would be necessary to establish it as an underrated ride.

I might be more willing to accept your argument if you provided strong detail and support for why the ride was awesome and redeemable rather than just vaguely saying that you and your family like it.

You actually just answered it. Underrated means that you value it more than others do or you see value in something for any reason that others don't.

You can choose to feel something is underrated without having to justify its worth to anyone else. That is the whole point of something being underrated.

So if I find that most people I talk to like something, but the "experts" disagree, it can be underrated in my opinion. That doesn't mean you also have to believe that - it is just the facts.

Movies, food, parks, states, people, etc. can all be underrated and it is not your right to "accept their argument" as if you are the person that gets to decide what is and isn't underrated, sir. Welcome to 2021 where other humans opinions are valid.

doctornick

So I was going to say Star Tours but see it was mentioned in the last few pages. I feel like it is not well appreciated in how well it delivers. I am always surprised they haven't moved to randomization with other screen based rides as that adds so much repeat value.

People have mentioned some of the shows but haven't said my favorite: It's Tough to be a Bug. It never seems to get much praise, but I feel it does the absolute best job of integrating effects with the show. It's always a blast seeing other guests react to being stung and such.

Expanding to defunct attractions, I'll mention two from Epcot. Maelstrom, which I just loved growing up and could ride over and over and I was actually pretty surprised at how many park fans weren't that bothered by its closure (obviously people are upset by Frozen going in that location, bit not as much from the loss of Maelstrom itself). Always seemed great to me - the beautiful mural at load, Norse gods and Vikings, animals, a backwards drop, the cute town at the ending - really captured many great aspects of the country.

And second World of Motion. Just fun, humorous and would be considered timeless if it had stuck around. You always see people bemoaning the loss of Horizons, but I think WoM was the superior ride and experience.

One more shout out to the games that don't seem to garner much love on these pages, in particular the POTC Treasures of the Seven Seas. Just a fantastic diversion in the park and fun way to explore that area of Adventureland (hope it reopens soon).

Walt Disney1955

Country Bear Jamboree, Carousel of Progress among the shows. Maybe they are underrated, not sure. Tom Sawyer Island and Swiss Family Treehouse.

Love the France show in Epcot, partially because you are sitting down after a long walk in the World Showcase.

I love just riding on the boats to the different resorts in Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom