Trip Report The ONE with the Bowl that was not so Super šŸš½ 2/5-2/9, 2021*COMPLETED*

giphy.gif

HA HA HA!!!
Hello everybody! I returned yesterday from a last minute long weekend to WDW.
How? Who? Why? You ask. Well my Magical friends, here is everything you want to know, and maybe some things, you donā€™t.

It all began a few weeks ago at work when my bff/boss suggested we go to Disney for his birthday. I took him last year and we had a great time. We looked at dates and flights and room rates and hemmed and hawed for a couple days. We decided we would go Presidentā€™s weekend. But my kids would be out of school and they would want to go. Then, texting with @Tuvalu she said ā€œyouā€™re going presidentā€™s weekend!?!?šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ā€

Ok, she didnā€™t say it like that but that is how I heard it in my mind. I said to my friend, M, ā€œwhat the heck are we thinking? Letā€™s go the weekend before.ā€ His sister/business partner/my other boss gave her blessing (then promptly booked a whole week in Florida for herself at the end of the month) and we started looking at rooms.
Pop was cheap with the AP discount so I booked.

We picked out our flights, then added a day and picked out new flights. Friday came, my day off and two weeks before departure and we had decided on everything. All we had to do was book the flights, which were $69 each way. Then I looked again and the flights were down to $49 each way. I texted M, ā€œBOOK BOOK BOOK! This is not a drill!!!ā€

Then Saturday came and I canceled Pop and booked a studio at Saratoga Springs Resort using my DVC points. Bought Mā€™s park ticket and made park reservations and some ADRā€™s. I also filled out the Magical Express request form and ordered a couple t-shirts.

13 days to go and we were all set.

Lilofan

Friday, February 5th cont

M and I took our beers out to the patio to enjoy.
View attachment 531501
View attachment 531504

We then poured a few roadies
View attachment 531503
and headed out to walk to Disney Springs.

A room down the hall had these decorations. We took pictures and sent them to Mā€™s sister who had celebrated her 60th a few days earlier.
View attachment 531505
View attachment 531502

Along the way we met a new friend:
View attachment 531511
View attachment 531513
View attachment 531512
When M saw it he jumped up and behind mešŸ˜‚
ā€œIs it poisonous?ā€, he asked.
Meanwhile, I am saying how cute it isšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Those black snakes definitely can shock you . One of them crawled up my leg and I screamed like a little child. Then the snake slithered away. I would avoid walking on grass in FL. At least walking on the sidewalks you can see the snake from afar.

DisneyGigi

Weā€™ve had a similar coffee table in our family room for 10+ years. The ā€œcoolā€ factor sold us. The reality is we hardly ever use the desk feature. :facepalm:

EDIT: I thought you had put up the birthday banner for M! :cool:
We have one too that we have had forever. I think we used that part one time but for a bar type space at Christmas for the kids to eat at. I forget that it even does that most of the time. šŸ˜‚

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Those black snakes definitely can shock you . One of them crawled up my leg and I screamed like a little child. Then the snake slithered away. I would avoid walking on grass in FL. At least walking on the sidewalks you can see the snake from afar.
annie murphy wow GIF by Schitt's Creek

Although snakes donā€™t usually scare me, I think I would have a major issue if one went up my leg!!!
Also, may I add a yikes!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
@Darstarr I'll be the first one to say it.... It wasn't you, your pictures look great! Blame it on the old phone. At least so far, I'll let you know by the end of the report if I still feel the same.

Well See Season 6 GIF by The Office
I will admit errors were made. The phone seemed to think it was smarter than me. I had the youngsters give me a quick tutorial. Let me know if it helped!
Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We have one too that we have had forever. I think we used that part one time but for a bar type space at Christmas for the kids to eat at. I forget that it even does that most of the time. šŸ˜‚
With the work at home craze going on I bet they are in high demand. But did you say BAR for the KIDS?? Christmas at Gigiā€™s this year!!!šŸ¤Ŗ

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks for posting all of the pic of the Saratoga renovated rooms. It is our home resort and I can't wait for our next trip there. Unfortunately none on the horizon anytime soon.
Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime
šŸ˜ž
Love the room pics, they are great and the room is beautiful!

You two are so cute!!! I LOVE the room and patio and that you can walk to Disney Springs. Totally agree that your photos are spot on so far! Waiting for more...
The room was so nice and the staff is the best on property that I have encountered. (Imo of course!)
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom