Trip Report The ONE with the Bowl that was not so Super šŸš½ 2/5-2/9, 2021*COMPLETED*

giphy.gif

HA HA HA!!!
Hello everybody! I returned yesterday from a last minute long weekend to WDW.
How? Who? Why? You ask. Well my Magical friends, here is everything you want to know, and maybe some things, you donā€™t.

It all began a few weeks ago at work when my bff/boss suggested we go to Disney for his birthday. I took him last year and we had a great time. We looked at dates and flights and room rates and hemmed and hawed for a couple days. We decided we would go Presidentā€™s weekend. But my kids would be out of school and they would want to go. Then, texting with @Tuvalu she said ā€œyouā€™re going presidentā€™s weekend!?!?šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ā€

Ok, she didnā€™t say it like that but that is how I heard it in my mind. I said to my friend, M, ā€œwhat the heck are we thinking? Letā€™s go the weekend before.ā€ His sister/business partner/my other boss gave her blessing (then promptly booked a whole week in Florida for herself at the end of the month) and we started looking at rooms.
Pop was cheap with the AP discount so I booked.

We picked out our flights, then added a day and picked out new flights. Friday came, my day off and two weeks before departure and we had decided on everything. All we had to do was book the flights, which were $69 each way. Then I looked again and the flights were down to $49 each way. I texted M, ā€œBOOK BOOK BOOK! This is not a drill!!!ā€

Then Saturday came and I canceled Pop and booked a studio at Saratoga Springs Resort using my DVC points. Bought Mā€™s park ticket and made park reservations and some ADRā€™s. I also filled out the Magical Express request form and ordered a couple t-shirts.

13 days to go and we were all set.

donaldtoo

You would start a new TR while Iā€™m busy trying to help prepare our state for the incoming coldpocalypse.
Text Street GIF

Anyways, Iā€™m here. Iā€™m a little upset with your timing, but Iā€™m here. šŸ˜‰

Yep, down here in Austin, we're supposed to have a low of 9 degrees (static air temp) and up to 6 inches of snow on Monday... :cyclops::cold:
If that happens it'll definitely be a snow day, 'cause our office will be closin' for sure...perfect timing for reading an @Darstarr TR...!!! :bookworm::)

Loco_driver

Yep, down here in Austin, we're supposed to have a low of 9 degrees (static air temp) and up to 6 inches of snow on Monday... :cyclops::cold:
If that happens it'll definitely be a snow day, 'cause our office will be closin' for sure...perfect timing for reading an @Darstarr TR...!!! :bookworm::)
Yep itā€™s looking like itā€™s gonna be a mess up here. The last weather briefing we got is now calling for a foot plus of snow up here and temps near or possibly below 0. We are not prepared in any way for this!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Friday, February 5, 2021

I woke up early. We were leaving a tad earlier than we really needed to because it had snowed the week before. Huh? So?
Here on Long Island we do not get much snow. And when we do, it seems we are completely incapable of cleaning it up.
Stay with me here,
My kids only get to go to brick and mortar school two days a week. One of the days being Fridays. We opted out of the bus, none of the boys friends or kids in the neighborhood go to school on the same days as my kids. The closest thing I could muster up as a ride for them is my neighbor who is a teacher and has taught all three of my boys. The youngest threw a tizzy fit at the thought of being driven to school by a teacher. Normally, they would walk or ride their bikes but remember the lack of snow removal I mentioned? No sidewalks. No way am I having them walk or ride their bikes to school with a foot of snow on the ground, in the dark, with the streets full of New York drivers!
no way do not want GIF by CBC

So we left early so my husband could get home and drive the little buzzkills to school.
So tired! But excited too!
5FA22A06-3E6A-4CA9-88C4-D7CF5B51461E.jpeg

We both had pre check so security was only a few minutes. Then M went here
0AF0D8B2-2213-4EF8-BFC6-6524DCE09EA1.jpeg

to get us this
5BB9EA82-9013-4407-A866-D9CF0BA0F15F.jpeg

A bacon egg and cheese stromboli. (It was not great)

Just about to board!
8B6E6790-69BD-4B86-BDFD-756658A432C0.jpeg

The plane was packed. Every single seat was full. Where were all these people going? M said since the flights were so cheap, and Florida is open, and it was super bowl weekend, maybe people were flying down to watch the game in a bar, with other human beings, that they are not related to.
Maybe???

We seemed to be on a new plane and it was nice, but, when I turned on the TV this appeared:
254968DB-F5C6-4596-A184-EA8298FB3509.jpeg

Can anyone say creepy???

I watched Star Wars a New Hope and the time really flew.
Sorry Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Sorry for that. I couldnā€™t resistšŸ˜‚

We landed and took our first picture of the trip in Florida!
90A1F0A2-7A4E-448A-90FE-6B3BF05D3EEB.jpeg

And then I got this.
C99262D7-8817-4801-A556-819AD265BB41.png

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Friday Feb 5 cont

We headed for the Magical Express.
7774F10C-F230-4F3A-BC70-B16A4C03D114.jpeg

It was empty. Where did all those people from the plane go?
62AE1E01-1529-4E1B-A7BC-A02BCE2CDE48.jpeg

They have added stickers on the windows to indicate row numbers. Last time I was there they told me to count. Is there an app for that??šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
90060727-F05A-476B-8FF5-7D99007B2832.jpeg

2B8C661A-D5BA-44C9-9D14-F75258B397D5.jpeg

This was the best I could do from the back of the bus.
B65E7F6A-9B92-462A-9F70-4C8C99441CC2.jpeg

Usually, I get the ā€œroom not ready textā€ but an email that says ā€œroom readyā€ minutes after. So while on the bus I thought I would check MDE to see if they had assigned me a room. Boy did they!!!
7E3B7930-04C9-4621-AE05-D409B5FDE612.png

For those of you following along you might remember I said I booked a studio. This says ONE BEDROOM!!!
They upgraded us. Not only to a one bedroom but to a one bedroom preferred!
77581F56-0DC7-456A-BB78-78D1D03E6395.jpeg

WELCOME HOME INDEED!

Lobby photo
5369AF71-6139-42D9-91A0-6925347F7767.jpeg

It was about 12:30 and we had a grocery delivery coming between 1 and 2 so we decided to mobile order some lunch from Artistā€™s Palette. While we waited for that I asked the front desk if they could add my son, X, to the reservation. He was thinking of coming with a friend or two. It turned out to be harder than usual, I guess because of the upgrade? I thanked everyone there for the upgrade and as the patient CM, Jeremy, continued to help me I asked him, ā€œyou down graded me again didnā€™t you?ā€
He said, ā€œYup!ā€ā€ But donā€™t worry, I will upgrade you again once I add your son.ā€
Phew!
Front desk business handled we went to get our lunch.
24617CC3-8B1A-40CF-9463-664E95386C6D.jpeg

Pizza for M, kids chicken nuggets and an adult bevy for mešŸ˜‚
452807E3-FFBD-4448-98F9-C0E79F0E7EC5.jpeg

tommcp516

We seemed to be on a new plane and it was nice, but, when I turned on the TV this appeared:
View attachment 531379
Can anyone say creepy???

Well that's new. Can't say that I'm a fan--I prefer to keep my in-flight purchases of mini-vodka bottles anonymous, thank you very much.

The only thing I could imagine being even more unnerving would be if this popped up on the next screen...

artificial intelligence horror GIF by Red Giant

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom