News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

DCBaker

Premium Member
More passes replenished for Ticket/Resort Guests -

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 11.05.31 AM.png

Current look for APs -

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 11.25.58 AM.png

Last edited:

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Not sure if this is any indication, but Park Pass reservations now go through January 2023.

Here's where it used to stop mid-January 2022 -

View attachment 532649

What it looks like today -

View attachment 532650

Yep. Extended into 2023

They just released the 2022 packages. I get the feeling this is more of an ancillary effect of new booking availability coming online rather than any actual plan to extend the reservation system another 22+ months.

Sort of like how park hours 9 months out are worthless indicators of what actual park hours will be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They just released the 2022 packages. I get the feeling this is more of an ancillary effect of new booking availability coming online rather than any actual plan to extend the reservation system another 22+ months.

Sort of like how park hours 9 months out are worthless indicators of what actual park hours will be.

I don’t expect this to change either. Covid has given them a level of cost control that it would have taken a decade to “ease” in place. Slappy must be on cloud nine.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I don’t expect this to change either. Covid has given them a level of cost control that it would have taken a decade to “ease” in place. Slappy must be on cloud nine.
Cost controls work if people show up. Central Florida mega theme parks are going to be very cut throat over the next couple of years. If Disney thinks it can get away with anything it wants because it's "Disney", they are going to be in for a fun filled surprise.

cmwade77

Yep. Extended into 2023

This shouldn't be a surprise, prior to COVID it was quite clear they were going to move to a reservation system, especially at Disneyland with the flex pass, but that was clearly a test bed, given all the benefits it provides, it isn't surprising either. It should come as not surprise that reservations are here to stay unless guests revolt against the system, but it benefits guests as well by being able to better gauge how crowded the parks may be on any given day. It's it a pain for some and might dinner tweaks be needed? Sure, but all in all it isn't a bad idea.

If you think reservations aren't here to stay, look at the surveys for me membership offerings at DLR, many potential options are very similar with differences focusing around how reservations are handled with more flexibility at a higher price point, but even then reservations are required, so I think it is clear we will never get rid of reservations.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cost controls work if people show up. Central Florida mega theme parks are going to be very cut throat over the next couple of years. If Disney thinks it can get away with anything it wants because it's "Disney", they are going to be in for a fun filled surprise.

Hmmm...that would depend on what their goals actually are?

In my day...it was to fill the parks, hotels, restaurants, and shops...make people have a good time and get them back...

...I know...that’s so shocking now it’s practically crazy 🤪

...silly Eisner

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom