Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Still no news about the tv on wheels stuff?

Think @marni1971 has said he doubts it will happen. But if they can bring back HEA and allow some sort of gatherings in front of the castle? And if they are planning MNSSHP? Why couldn’t they go ahead with PTN? They could still limit capacity along the parade route, as I’m sure they will do for HEA.

yensidtlaw1969

I am told we can expect Fantasmic!, Happily Ever After, and something blowy-uppy at Epcot by 10/1/21.
Did you say Blowy-uppy?

1612568898278.png

Wow, the Journey of Water redesign looks amazing

jrhwdw

I can’t figure out whether Epcot Forever returns or not. It was intended to run for more than a few months. I suspect it will depend upon the degree of social distancing. If it would behoove them to push off new fireworks until 2022 when HEA will already have additions come October, I could see the appeal.

They could all be available this summer, but they’ll need to place pyro orders soon. They still want MNSSHP.
^ Good!! Now I feel better about MVMCP sincer it's after MNSSHP and not till Nov.

As for 2 of 3 this summer.. What should we logically expect?

I agree the Projections/Pyro Shots shoud have continued but what do you put on the Castle from Jan-Sep? They could do MNSSHP Projections this year if MNSSHP doesn't make 2021.

Since Easter is a Calavacade anyway, might that still happen this year without the Trail Maids?

TTA94

This is what should be going down MSUSA in October at MK lol. To bad it doesn’t still exist💔.

Unless TDL wants to cough up whatever floats, if any, are left of Happiness Is Here. I’d say Dreaming Up except I know those wouldn’t be up for grabs yet lol.

Last edited:

doctornick

Call me strange, but I actually feel pretty confident that Paint the Night will show up at MK in the near future. No, not October 2021 unless COVID levels really go away quickly, but heat me out....

At some point, we will return to more or less "normal" and the parks will be run as they were before in terms of entertainment. And Disney will want to do something to "celebrate" the 50th (even if delayed) and can wrap that into having a sort of grand re-opening of normal levels. And if they want to do something splashy, adding a "new" light parade certainly fits but they also realize they can be totally forgiven for "going cheap" and reusing due to the current economic situation. When it comes to advertising, a light parade plays real when on TV, print, whatever.

We'll see.

jrhwdw

Call me strange, but I actually feel pretty confident that Paint the Night will show up at MK in the near future. No, not October 2021 unless COVID levels really go away quickly, but heat me out....

At some point, we will return to more or less "normal" and the parks will be run as they were before in terms of entertainment. And Disney will want to do something to "celebrate" the 50th (even if delayed) and can wrap that into having a sort of grand re-opening of normal levels. And if they want to do something splashy, adding a "new" light parade certainly fits but they also realize they can be totally forgiven for "going cheap" and reusing due to the current economic situation. When it comes to advertising, a light parade plays real when on TV, print, whatever.

We'll see.
I think it worked for DL in 2017/2019. Why MK didn't go ahead and do that as well when DL wanted MSEP back in 2016 I'll never understand! No offense to HEA! That needed to open and doing wonders for MK before March 16th 2020! If HEA has an awesome 50th Tag(along thie lines of Epcot's 30th or POE would be nice )and Prim., that would only raise HEA's level!

Of course that'll happen only if we ever get 2017's HEA back! Sigh! I wish we had a "light at the end of the tunnel" date we could look forward too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom