Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

rylouisbo

Not a single thing I've posted in this thread bears out your characterisation.
for example you chose to give an example of a person of color who agrees with you. why did the person of color who was against the ride change not deserve quoting from you? was their opinion and feelings not "correct"? additionally i know quite a few people of color who would disagree with your posts as well, but somehow you imply that people with my opinion are not hearing people of color? thats not true, perhaps its you who is only listening to people that agree with you and not all people of color?

LittleBuford

for example you chose to give an example of a person of color who agrees with you. why did the person of color who was against the ride change not deserve quoting from you? was their opinion and feelings not "correct"? additionally i know quite a few people of color who would disagree with your posts as well, but somehow you imply that people with my opinion are not hearing people of color? thats not true, perhaps its you who is only listening to people that agree with you and not all people of color?
You're projecting and assuming an awful lot here. I quoted @raven24's post because I find it thought-provoking and insightful, not because I assume that she speaks for all people of colour (which she never claimed to be doing anyway).

TrainsOfDisney

It would be helpful if Disney had let us in a bit more on the changes. Changing the appearance of the totem pole scene is fine.

If the end result is a better attraction, great. Jungle Cruise has needed a refresh for a while. But if we are losing the Marc Davis humor for more of “Snow whites enchanted wish” treatment.... ehh now I’m getting worried.

_caleb

In the past, they used some of the “natives” scenes to try to provide a sense of peril to the Jungle Cruise.

I think they should consider reintroducing a bit more thrill to the ride by adding in set pieces like fire, a flash flood, and falling rocks in the temple. Sort like Catastrophe Canyon from the Backlot Tour, or the falling rocks (chunks of ice) in Indiana Jones at DL.

TrainsOfDisney

In the past, they used some of the “natives” scenes to try to provide a sense of peril to the Jungle Cruise.

I think they should consider reintroducing a bit more thrill to the ride by adding in set pieces like fire, a flash flood, and falling rocks in the temple. Sort like Catastrophe Canyon from the Backlot Tour, or the falling rocks (chunks of ice) in Indiana Jones at DL.
The pirahanas in California would work well there.

I agree some physical effects would be nice... Fire, falling rocks, etc. - I miss the theme parks of the 90’s (Jaws, Earthquake, Catastrophe Canyon, Great Movie Ride...)

rylouisbo

You're projecting and assuming an awful lot here. I quoted @raven24's post because I find it thought-provoking and insightful, not because I assume that she speaks for all people of colour (which she never claimed to be doing anyway).
but its very telling that you didnt find the person of colors post that disagreed with you insightful or thought provoking... just the one that supported your view, which means its not about the person being of color, offering a unique insight, its about if they say something that supports you or not...

i'm asuming an awful lot? your posts continuously assume people are just not educated enough to agree with you or havnt talked to the right person yet...

Last edited:

rylouisbo

Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work, as well as your understanding of the term “racism” and what it means/looks like.
i'm positive your definition of the "term" racism needs some some outside opinion as it seems it was formed in an echo chamber.

youre proving my point earlier that people on your side of the argument are not listening and simply talking at people pretending as if anyone that disagrees is not educated.

i disagree with you so my understanding of racism needs work... no its just your definitions are arguable at best.

Californian Elitist

i'm positive your definition of the "term" racism needs some some outside opinion as it seems it was formed in an echo chamber.

youre proving my point earlier that people on your side of the argument are not listening and simply talking at people pretending as if anyone that disagrees is not educated.

i disagree with you so my understanding of racism needs work... no its just your definitions are arguable at best.
Once again, your understanding of the term is off.

Why should I as a black woman consider the opinions of non-black people on black issues, specifically those who attempt to tell us how we should feel about said issues? And those who don’t and won’t understand are uneducated on the topic. That’s a fact. Everyone is ignorant about something. Many folks here have proven to be ignorant on the topic at hand, yourself included.

rylouisbo

Why should I as a black woman consider the opinions of non-black people on black issues? And those who don’t and won’t understand are uneducated on the topic. That’s a fact. Everyone is ignorant about something. Many folks here have proven to be ignorant on the topic at hand, yourself included.
you as a human dont have to consider the opinions of others just dont pretend to be interested in debate or unity if you simply want to scold and talk down to people and only have them listen and obey your thoughts.

now youre pretending as if white people cant understand or experience racism which is nonsense. speaking of ignorance... yours is showing.

Animaniac93-98

HKDL's Jungle Cruise has a fire and water based finale unique to that version.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I just want to say I think this is a really good idea. With Snow White and now this change (which seems like a reasonable compromise), I do think some of these attractions are losing their “edge.”

For example: The piranha finale could really be enhanced. Or there could be a fiery finale whereby a reimagined and friendly Trader Sam returns to save us from a “being headed” for a certain death. 😉

I would like to see a replacement that does keep the “Adventure” in Adventureland. I’m also hoping the monkeys aren’t too derivative of the existing ape/campground scene.

Californian Elitist

you as a human dont have to consider the opinions of others just dont pretend to be interested in debate or unity if you simply want to scold and talk down to people and only have them listen and obey your thoughts.

now youre pretending as if white people cant understand or experience racism which is nonsense. speaking of ignorance... yours is showing.
There is no debate in terms of the larger picture, which is what my post was concerning. The history of the lack of healthy and positive representation within the black community is all factual. I’m not scolding, nor talking down to you.

“Pretending as if whites people can’t understand or experience racism?” Since I literally never said that, I’m wondering how you came to imagine I said that or you somehow misunderstood my previous post. I said black people shouldn’t care about non-black people’s opinions regarding black issues, SPECIFICALLY those who have no interest in listening and only want to tell us how we should feel. How did you equate that to meaning “white people can’t understand or experience racism?” Think about that.

I’m bowing out of this now, as you’re already twisting my statements and turning them into something they’re not. Have a good evening.

Animaniac93-98

When Marc Davis was tasked with making suggestions for Disneyland's Jungle Cruise in the early 60s, he was working with the layout and set pieces originally staged by Harper Goff. With WDW, Marc had a chance to redesign the whole show from scratch and the end result is truly his version of the ride. For that reason I'll be sad to see it altered in Florida, but if they want to make changes there are a number of concepts he did that WDI could draw from that do not involve the problematic "savages".

Basil of Baker Street

Why should I as a black woman consider the opinions of non-black people on black issues, specifically those who attempt to tell us how we should feel about said issues? And those who don’t and won’t understand are uneducated on the topic. That’s a fact. Everyone is ignorant about something. Many folks here have proven to be ignorant on the topic at hand, yourself included.
wow. Ok. Your own racism is showing...

_caleb

HKDL's Jungle Cruise has a fire and water based finale unique to that version.

I did not know this! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, something like this would be great.

Also, why does the open mouth of the cave look like Jar-Jar Binks?
904AF10A-D4D6-4B24-A121-91989741F96F.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

I just want to say I think this is a really good idea. With Snow White and now this change (which seems like a reasonable compromise), I do think some of these attractions are losing their “edge.”

For example: The piranha finale could really be enhanced. Or there could be a fiery finale whereby a reimagined and friendly Trader Sam returns to save us from a “being headed” for a certain death. 😉

I would like to see a replacement that does keep the “Adventure” in Adventureland. I’m also hoping the monkeys aren’t too derivative of the existing ape/campground scene.
I’m wondering if the monkeys are replacing the ape / campground scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom