The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I hope this is true, that would be great. I don't want to permanently die my hair because I like my natural hair color. Box dye is normally in my hair until I cut it off, even though it says it won't last that long. I figured when I'm tired of this I can henna it brown, but if it just fades away that's even better
My hair got down to my waist. It is always between my shoulders and shoulder blades pre COVID. I like the ability to pull it up at night and all summer. I have very thick hair that is extremely wavy so short styles are not controllable. I’m of the age where I also have weird gray patches that need dye not to look like a skunk. The hardest thing during Covid is trying to match my red hair.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I made baked potato soup today, it was a riff off a Disneyland recipe.

And I finished a cross stitch project I’ve been working on for awhile. I just need to iron it and frame it up.
View attachment 526456View attachment 526457

Yum and too cute.

We are to get a lot of snow the next two days. Tomorrow I will make Grans chicken noodle soup with her dumplings. Big snows and Grans soup are a tradition.

Songbird76

Yes that was the Poly monorail station. Supposedly it'll be rebuilt in time for the reopening supposedly this "summer"
Yeah, but we all know how good Disney is at getting refurbs done by the reopening date. Rivers of light was like a year late. Pandora was several months late. Star Wars Land was so behind schedule that they opened up the half they had done just to make it look like they were on time for once, the skyliner was supposed to be open before our 2019 trip but didn't open until a couple of months after. Ratatouille was supposed to open last Summer I think, and it's still not open, is it? And the Poly refurbishments were already supposed to be done. Have they gotten ANYTHING done by the scheduled time in the last few years?

Songbird76

I hope this is true, that would be great. I don't want to permanently die my hair because I like my natural hair color. Box dye is normally in my hair until I cut it off, even though it says it won't last that long. I figured when I'm tired of this I can henna it brown, but if it just fades away that's even better
I died my hair once, and I loved the color, but hated what it did to my hair. I won't do it again. But you can't donate dyed hair anyway, and I grow mine out specifically to donate, so I can't dye it anymore. Henna's not supposed to be as bad for your hair though, right?

Last edited:

Songbird76

The Johnny Depp one was much darker, but still fascinating. I went to the drive in for the Gene Wilder version on the first date with my future wife. So due to nostalgia, I wasn't in favor of a remake. That said, however, I did watch it. I saw it right after I had seen the 1st Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I mostly was looking to see how much of Jack Sparrow was in Depp's depiction of Willy Wonka. It was then when I became a minor fan of Mr. Depp. Those two characters could not be any different if they were two different actors. If one didn't already know, I don't think anyone would know that both Jack and Willy were the same actor. Very impressive. And after a couple other Depp movies I was unable to see any similarities in any of the different characters he played.
I couldn't even tell it was Johnny Depp playing Grindelwald in the Fantastic Beasts movies. He is a very good actor and very versatile.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I died my hair once, and I loved the color, but hated what it did to my hair. I won't do it again. But you can't donate dyed hair anyway, and I grow mine out specifically to donate, so I can't dye it anymore. Henna's not supposed to be as bad for your hair though, right?

Henna is supposed to be really good for your hair.

In the states we can donate dyed hair now, but it's not used for the actual wigs they give kids with cancer. I forget what they do with it but I think it is sell it to raise funds.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Henna is supposed to be really good for your hair.

Yes, it does condition the hair.

It was a long time ago that I used henna, and I recall it washed out (I used to shampoo daily back then, with whatever shampoo was on sale ;)) within a month or so.

Just an fyi: I was reading that you should not attempt to use any (chemical) hair dye, if you still have henna in your hair, and there were varying reports about how long henna it actually remains. Hence, I'm no sure if any changes have been made to the henna preparations down through the years, but it sounds now like henna may remain in your hair longer, than what I had experienced years ago.

Goofyernmost

That whole storyline was so weird!!!! I prefer the original. I do have a friend who is terrified of the oompa loompas though....she thinks they are really creepy. Kind of like some people are afraid of clowns.
Fortunately, she has a better then 0% chance of ever seeing a "real" oompa loompa so she should be OK. Clowns on the other hand are everywhere lately.

Goofyernmost

Can’t watch the remake. Never will. The original is *perfection.*
Agreed, it was a great movie and still delightful to watch, however, the remake was closer to the original story. If you think about it there were a lot of dark parts in the original as well. With different lighting a certain level of cruelty is quite obvious. Catchy music tends to cover up that and make them just seem sugary. In either one Willy always seemed to take degree of delight in scaring the snot out of everyone and teaching good lessons rather harshly.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, but we all know how good Disney is at getting refurbs done by the reopening date. Rivers of light was like a year late. Pandora was several months late. Star Wars Land was so behind schedule that they opened up the half they had done just to make it look like they were on time for once, the skyliner was supposed to be open before our 2019 trip but didn't open until a couple of months after. Ratatouille was supposed to open last Summer I think, and it's still not open, is it? And the Poly refurbishments were already supposed to be done. Have they gotten ANYTHING done by the scheduled time in the last few years?
Price increases;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom