News Disneyland Resort To Be A Major OC Vaccination Site-OCR

smooch

Use DCA as the vaccination distribution area, then open Disneyland for anyone who has received their vaccine! In all seriousness this is great news, as others have said this makes a lot of sense because Disneyland can already handle large amounts of traffic flowing in / out of their property, and it is great to see them helping handle the pandemic so they can move towards reopening rather than getting ignored by Sacramento and being stuck waiting.

Practical Pig

Use DCA as the vaccination distribution area, then open Disneyland for anyone who has received their vaccine! In all seriousness this is great news, as others have said this makes a lot of sense because Disneyland can already handle large amounts of traffic flowing in / out of their property, and it is great to see them helping handle the pandemic so they can move towards reopening rather than getting ignored by Sacramento and being stuck waiting.
I doubt we'll see vaccine distribution inside the parks themselves as opposed to the parking areas, and I noted your "in all seriousness" disclaimer, but I'm posting to say I like your spirit.

Darkbeer1

So apparently there are a several tents set up in/near cast member Lot K adjacent to Toy Story Lot. Looks like that’s the location for this effort.
I think you mean the Bullseye Lot. All CM parking has been relocated, the old Katella lot is now Theme Park Parking, designed for Galaxy Edge sized crowds...

smooch

I doubt we'll see vaccine distribution inside the parks themselves as opposed to the parking areas, and I noted your "in all seriousness" disclaimer, but I like your spirit.
Thank you! I believe we'll probably see areas like the parking lots used for drive through vaccine distribution points but I wonder where they would even set up on property if they didn't want to do the drive through approach.

Emmanuel

It would definitely mend relations with Sacramento since the bickering between the theme parks and the state has been well documented. With Knotts potentially also going to be a vaccination site, this could open the doors for Six Flags and the others to be considered as theme parks have very large parking lots that can accommodate this task.

Hopefully OC is also considering Angel Stadium and Honda Center as other large vaccination sites. Especially if Johnson and Johnson’s vaccine gets approved next month

Practical Pig

It would definitely mend relations with Sacramento since the bickering between the theme parks and the state has been well documented. With Knotts potentially also going to be a vaccination site, this could open the doors for Six Flags and the others to be considered as theme parks have very large parking lots that can accommodate this task.

Hopefully OC is also considering Angel Stadium and Honda Center as other large vaccination sites. Especially if Johnson and Johnson’s vaccine gets approved next month

From the OP article:

Disneyland will be a major vaccine distribution site, joining Dodger Stadium and other stadiums, fairgrounds and convention centers in an effort to expand the coronavirus vaccination campaign.

It looks like statewide sites that have the infrastructure installed to handle high volume vehicle traffic with space to install the processing stations are being identified and considered. This is smart.

mickEblu

So when do we think Disneyland will be open? It would be great if they would open in the next few months or by summer. Then maybe I could cancel my Disney World trip and save it for a proper time like when I won’t have to park in a designated zone for my kid to eat a lollipop or have some popcorn in his stroller.

Darkbeer1

Anaheim looked at 4 sites in the Central area, Angel Stadium, Honda Center, Anaheim Convention Center and the DLR. The decision was that the DLR had the best traffic control and access. It will be the only location in the area. Looks like Buena Park and either Fullerton or Brea are other locations in the Northern area, if the OCHCA has the staff. They are looking for 9 sites in the County, spread out.

Remember, these are the public sites. Health plans like Kaiser will more than likely set up their own, as will CVS, Walgreens, etc.

TP2000

Who woulda thunk it? Disneyland closed for over a year, and then used as a vaccine distribution site.

But for those not in California, all Californians have been ranked by age, lifestyle choices, and career to determine who gets a vaccine and when. There are three Phases, with Phases broken down further into Sub-Phases (1A, 1B, 1C, etc.), and then each Sub-Phase from 1B onward is broken down into Tiers. So you could be in Phase 1B, Tier Two, or you could be in Phase 2A, Tier Three, etc., etc.)

The Phases, Sub-Phases, and Tiers were explained in a concise 2 and one half hour long press conference given by Governor Newsom earlier today. A local radio host said listening to the audiobook of War & Peace would have been breezier and easier.

California is currently in Phase 1A - Tier One, and it is hoped that Phase 1B - Tier One can begin by the end of the month.

The Phase, Sub-Phase and Tiers of who will be able to be vaccinated at the Disneyland vaccination site is as such;

Phase 1A - Tier One
  • Health Care Workers
  • Workers and Residents of Nursing Homes
Phase 1B - Tier One
  • People 75 and older
  • Education Workers (teachers, daycare workers, etc.)
  • Emergency Services Workers
  • Food & Agriculture Workers (farmers, grocery store workers)
Phase 1B - Tier Two
  • People 65 and older who have underlying co-morbidities (obesity, lung disease, heart disease, diabetes)
  • Transportation & Logistics Workers (bus drivers, railroad engineers, truck drivers, trucking dispatchers)
  • Industrial, Residential & Commercial Workers (the news made a point of saying this one was very vague)
  • Critical Manufacturing Workers (whatever you think "critical" means, according to the news)
  • State Prisoners & City/County Jail Inmates
  • Homeless People
Phase 1C - Tier One
  • Anyone 50 and older
  • Anyone 16 to 49 who have underlying co-morbidities (obesity, lung disease, heart disease, diabetes)
  • Waste Management & Water Workers (trashmen, water purification plant workers)
  • Defense, Chemical, Energy Workers (military, DuPont employees, Edison employees)
  • Communications & IT Workers (Bell System employees, Best Buy Geek Squad)
  • Financial Services & Government Workers (bank tellers, bureaucrats, politicians)
  • Community Service Groups (the media made another point about this category being very vague/unknown)
Phase 2 with it's various Sub-Phases and Tiers has not been released yet. Sacramento is working on it.

But it is assumed that Phase 2 later this year will break down the remaining Californians further into age groups, lifestyle choices, and professions that will guide them on when they can get the vaccine.

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Who woulda thunk it? Disneyland closed for over a year, and then used as a vaccine distribution site.

But for those not in California, all Californians have been ranked by age, lifestyle choices, and career to determine who gets a vaccine and when. There are three Phases, with Phases broken down further into Sub-Phases (1A, 1B, 1C, etc.), and then each Sub-Phase from 1B onward is broken down into Tiers. So you could be in Phase 1B, Tier Two, or you could be in Phase 2A, Tier Three, etc., etc.)

The Phases, Sub-Phases, and Tiers were explained in a concise 2 and one half hour long press conference given by Governor Newsom earlier today. A local radio host said listening to the audiobook of War & Peace would have been breezier and easier.

California is currently in Phase 1A - Tier One, and it is hoped that Phase 1B - Tier One can begin by the end of the month.

The Phase, Sub-Phase and Tiers of who will be able to be vaccinated at the Disneyland vaccination site is as such;

Phase 1A - Tier One
  • Health Care Workers
  • Workers and Residents of Nursing Homes
Phase 1B - Tier One
  • People 75 and older
  • Education Workers (teachers, daycare workers, etc.)
  • Emergency Services Workers
  • Food & Agriculture Workers (farmers, grocery store workers)
Phase 1B - Tier Two
  • People 65 and older who have underlying co-morbidities (obesity, lung disease, heart disease, diabetes)
  • Transportation & Logistics Workers (bus drivers, railroad engineers, truck drivers, trucking dispatchers)
  • Industrial, Residential & Commercial Workers (the news made a point of saying this one was very vague)
  • Critical Manufacturing Workers (whatever you think "critical" means, according to the news)
  • State Prisoners & City/County Jail Inmates
  • Homeless People
Phase 1C - Tier One
  • Anyone 50 and older
  • Anyone 16 to 49 who have underlying co-morbidities (obesity, lung disease, heart disease, diabetes)
  • Waste Management & Water Workers (trashmen, water purification plant workers)
  • Defense, Chemical, Energy Workers (military, Dupont employees, Edison employees)
  • Communications & IT Workers (Bell System employees, Best Buy Geek Squad)
  • Financial Services & Government Workers (bank tellers, bureaucrats, politicians)
  • Community Service Groups (the media made another point about this category being very vague/unknown)
Phase 2 with it's various Sub-Phases and Tiers has not been released yet. Sacramento is working on it.

But it is assumed that Phase 2 later this year will break down the remaining Californians further into age groups, lifestyle choices, and professions that will guide them on when they can get the vaccine.

Much easier to read the OCHCA memo sent to staff early this morning.

Lisa would be 1B/T1, but she either has the J&J shot already, or once approved, get it if she got the placebo, so basically 1A/T1.

I fall under multiple categories of 1C/T1.

TP2000

Much easier to read the OCHCA memo sent to staff early this morning.

Lisa would be 1B/T1, but she either has the J&J shot already, or once approved, get it if she got the placebo, so basically 1A/T1.

I fall under multiple categories of 1C/T1.

I'm Phase 1C - Tier 1 also. It amazes me that it jumps immediately from only those under 75 with co-morbidities, to anyone over age 50. You would think I'd be Phase 1B - Tier 2, but apparently not. And then all those career choices and lifestyle choices to deal with!

Apparently it's more important for a state prisoner to get the shot before me, because all I did was obey the law and pay my taxes for decades and decades. But a 30 year old scumbag in state prison is ranked higher than a law-abiding, tax-paying, lifelong good citizen. In Sacramento, this makes perfect sense.

Why don't they just go by age? Age 75 and older. Age 65 and older. Age 55 and older, etc., etc.

Under the age of 50, the survival rate for those who catch Covid is 99.97%, don't forget.

Last edited:

castleparker

Why don't they just go by age? Age 75 and older. Age 65 and older. Age 55 and older, etc., etc.
A big part of vaccination is to stop vectors of spread. That's why grocery workers and other frontline workers are in the top tiers. If they were to just go by age they would be letting the virus continue to spread in these among frontline workers and the high amount of people they come in contact with. Age obviously should be a top priority, but with the amount of vaccines currently available, it makes sense to also curb community spread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom