Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

Does anyone know the level of staffing at the First Aid stations? I know they are staffed by licensed RNs. My one experience at Blizzard Beach, I only remember seeing one person though.
When I needed aid at the MK there was one person and she seemed to be from a different agency not WDW. No CM badge for sure

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The current administration, soon to be gone, will be blamed for everything going forward for years to come. Folks just got to think for themselves.. Right now the states can't get the vaccine to the folks who want it...
In the poll these people said they would never get the vaccine so nothing to do with current vaccination delays. How else do you explain that almost a third of Republicans in that poll say they will never get the vaccine? It seems pretty obvious if you believe what the administration has pushed you would probably be less likely to think it’s necessary. It’s a problem that needs to be addressed at some point. As @DisneyCane said if enough people hold out then we never reach herd immunity.

Kevin_W

Man, we gotta do a better job of getting needles in arms. People were definitely right when they said the vaccine supply wouldn't be the limiting factor, logistics would be.

Yeah, and I didn't believe that. There are so many smart people doing logistics (see: FedEx, Amazon, every major manufacturer) and we had so long to prepare I thought this would be a slam dunk. I was obviously very wrong - apparently not enough of those smart logistics people work in the medical field.

JoeCamel

In the poll these people said they would never get the vaccine so nothing to do with current vaccination delays. How else do you explain that almost a third of Republicans in that poll say they will never get the vaccine? It seems pretty obvious if you believe what the administration has pushed you would probably be less likely to think it’s necessary. It’s a problem that needs to be addressed at some point. As @DisneyCane said if enough people hold out then we never reach herd immunity.
I think the fear might be overblown though. Masks were so so compliance at the start but I see pretty good compliance now. I think the numbers are showing the need to wear them properly and not "cheat".
My hope is as the majority get vaccinated the minority, or some of them, will see the value in getting it.

JoeCamel

Yeah, and I didn't believe that. There are so many smart people doing logistics (see: FedEx, Amazon, every major manufacturer) and we had so long to prepare I thought this would be a slam dunk. I was obviously very wrong - apparently not enough of those smart logistics people work in the medical field.
Not really a problem with distribution but actually getting shots in arms around here. Ramping up quickly I think and hope
If Florida is going to continually bungle this and a good deal of the populace refuses to take the vaccine, I wish they would open vaccination to any volunteers. Because I will take it asap
I'm eligible but will wait a few weeks as I don't think I am vulnerable and hope they figure out the system in a week or so.

Disstevefan1

Whatever label you want to place on folks, folks gotta think for themselves.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think the fear might be overblown though. Masks were so so compliance at the start but I see pretty good compliance now. I think the numbers are showing the need to wear them properly and not "cheat".
My hope is as the majority get vaccinated the minority, or some of them, will see the value in getting it.
We can afford to lose 20% of the population. We need 80% to get it done. The more the better but we will never convince everyone.

DisneyCane

There’s a lot of work to be done on the PR front. I know you don’t want to hear or believe it, but part of the problem is the current administration and their constant downplaying of the virus. In this poll 26% of Republicans say they will never get the vaccine with only 6% of Democrats and 14% of independents. That has to be at least partially due to the downplaying.
The interesting thing is that in my small circle of anecdotal study, it seems pretty equal across the board.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Whatever label you want to place on folks, folks gotta think for themselves.
What label? It was a poll and the people self identified as Republican, Democrat or Independent. They placed the label on themselves when answering the poll. I don’t disagree people should think for themselves, do some research and gain a better understanding of the vaccine.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The interesting thing is that in my small circle of anecdotal study, it seems pretty equal across the board.
I don’t know anyone who is saying they would never get the vaccine so hard for me to say. My comment was based on that poll and others I’ve seen. I think to some extent it’s an urban vs rural issue. Urban tending to skew more Democrat and rural skewing more Republican. The virus has definitely hit urban centers harder so peoole may be more likely to want a vaccine. Same reason more elderly people want it.

Miss Bella

I hate to dip into this thread, but when has the administration said not to get the vaccination? I know some of the more libertarian types were really upset with Trump for pushing the vaccine. Since you made it political what percentage of Democrats are going to refuse the vaccine?

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Set forth by the California Department of Public Health, the guidance seeks to restrict residents’ movements further. What’s more it includes the idea that, “non-essential travelers from other states or countries are strongly discouraged from entering California.

“Amid the current COVID-19 surge,” reads the text “it is imperative that California take steps necessary to curb the spread of COVID-19 and contain new sources of infection,”

The advisory is called a “recommendation,” and replaces the previous, less-stringent order issued in November."

"It has three main points:

1. Except in connection with essential travel, Californians should avoid travel to any part of the state more than 120 miles from their places of residence.

2. Non-essential travelers from other states or countries are strongly discouraged from entering California.

3. All persons arriving returning to California from other states or countries should self-quarantine for 10 days after arrival, except for those engaged in essential travel.

The Health Officer Order is in addition to the state’s Stay-at-Home Order issued in late November which implemented a statewide curfew and requires masks in all activities where individuals will be or can be in contact with non-household members.

California’s new guidance came as the state reported a near record number of daily deaths, at 583. That’s just two fatalities below the all-time high of 585 that the state suffered on December 31. It came as the country at large recorded its worst pandemic death tally ever, at 3,856.

More broadly on Thursday, California recorded 35,385 new cases and saw its highest level of hospitalizations since the outbreak began last January."

Here's a link to the guidance -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom