Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

phillip sugarman

Micechat posted the latest aerial pics of the Mickey Mouse ride construction.

Attachments

• mickey pic.jpeg
    mickey pic.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 106

mickEblu

There is a rumor i happened to see and followed to twitter, supposedly according to this person there might be big changes coming to the ride in Anaheim.

Wow really? Any other details? Oh boy those Floridians are really going to be mad about losing GMR now! Although they could end up getting the pluses there too.. if they are indeed pluses

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As I've posted before, Anaheim's is going to have to have some structural differences because their building is narrower (and longer). That doesn't necessarily mean new or plussed scenes.... just laid out differently.

Also, a bigger building doesn't mean a bigger ride. Portions of the building can be used for other backstage purposes.

So, could Anaheim's be bigger and better? Sure. Do we know that's the case? Not at all.

mickEblu

As I've posted before, Anaheim's is going to have to have some structural differences because their building is narrower (and longer). That doesn't necessarily mean new or plussed scenes.... just laid out differently.

Also, a bigger building doesn't mean a bigger ride. Portions of the building can be used for other backstage purposes.

So, could Anaheim's be bigger and better? Sure. Do we know that's the case? Not at all.

It could just be a different ride layout. But i take “big changes” to mean something more than that. If the rumor is credible or not is a different story.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Hopefully the big change is they use the more universally loved and superior versions of the characters in the Toon Town version the whole world has for decades now associated with these characters rather than the nightmarish Ren and Stimpy versions they are currently using in these new "Mickey Shorts". since its in Toon Town they can do that.

mickEblu

Hopefully the big change is they use the more universally loved and superior versions of the characters in the Toon Town version the whole world has for decades now associated with these characters rather than the nightmarish Ren and Stimpy versions they are currently using in these new "Mickey Shorts". since its in Toon Town they can do that.

I wouldn’t hold my breath but that would be cool. After seeing the ride throughs however, that’s far from my biggest complaint.

Disney Analyst

I guess I understand the hate for the new style of the cartoons, but I really like them a lot regardless, and in my opinion the new shorts have given the mouse some new life. (Let's go Potatoland!)
It’s just sour grapes. The current Mickey Shorts are wildly popular, and most people love them and the styling.

I can’t wait for this ride to be in Toon Town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom