The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In the end I didn't pay MSRP :) And one good thing? I was able to avoid the 1.5k on repairs on the one I'm trading in due to a mishap at the garage.

Pulled the trigger today on a 2021 TRD Off Road Tacoma. In the end I couldn't find a TRD Pro nearby. The last few were snatched up recently.

But in all my careful planning I hadn't considered one crucial factor: Covid. In the Spring the auto plants were all shut down and that constrained supply of a lot of vehicles. Add to this mid-sized trucks have been flying off the lot as I found out this AM when I want to go look at the local dealers websites and the trucks I've had my eyes on. Fortunately, I checked today and saw one literally disappear from the website within 5 minutes of looking. Mrs Willmark was off today so worked 1/2 day and when shopping. Inventory on mid sized trucks is really bad right now, it would have been slim pickins had I waited much longer.

Long story short? Negotiated from a position of strength, made a fair offer off the bat. Was prepared to walk if need be. Got them to waive the dealer location fees, got 2k off, 500 less on the trade in (which ended up being the trade in number I was shooting for anyways), 1k rebate and basically nullified the state taxes and fees. The salesman did all the right things but I was up for the task (I did sales for 10 years, no autos, as a pt job); the fun part was when he got up with the MSRP number to go in back, and I was like "Well that's a price, but that's not the price I'm paying" Worked out well.

Now the fun part: they have to get it from 250 miles away. I'm working on getting them to trailer it, rather than drive it back at no cost. :) Could be next week or at the end of the month at the latest. Either way at least that is done.

Roughly what it will look like:
View attachment 518390

Wow! Congratulations! I wouldn't have a clue how to negotiate price at your level. Good for you for getting a price you felt was reasonable. (I read another post from you that indicated it was a manual, and you liked that. I only know how to drive an automatic, but with a little car, that's fine for me.)

As a side note, I'm mostly happy for your well-deserved good fortune here, because you've been dealing with an injured back, and also the situation where your mother had broken her hip, some weeks ago. You needed something wonderful like this exciting purchase, to uplift your spirits. :)

Willmark

Wow! Congratulations! I wouldn't have a clue how to negotiate price at your level. Good for you for getting a price you felt was reasonable. (I read another post from you that indicated it was a manual, and you liked that. I only know how to drive an automatic, but with a little car, that's fine for me.)

As a side note, I'm mostly happy for your well-deserved good fortune here, because you've been dealing with an injured back, and also the situation where your mother had broken her hip, some weeks ago. You needed something wonderful like this exciting purchase, to uplift your spirits. :)
Thanks MM

Oh it’s got even worse, Mrs Willmark fell down the stairs and broke her tail bone last week. My 13 year old beagle will need eye surgery....

Just keep paddling...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Happy Saturday to you all! Went for a walk this morning, made some breakfast of bacon and eggs, now relaxing for a bit. Later today hubs and I are going to the Arboretum to enjoy their holiday display of lights which is a drive through this year. Have a great day!

Songbird76

I drove my first "standard shift" vehicle at 10 years old. It's to long a story to convey but suffice it to say that my father was the manager of a trucking company next door to our house in the 50's. Full size tractor/trailer trucks were parked inside. One Sunday I went over the garage where they were parked got in one, started it up and backed it out of the garage drove it around the building and parked it back in the place where I got it. I don't remember how long it took to share that story with him, but eventually I did and I got the job at age 12 to keep the large yard plowed out with a standard shift pickup with a snow plow on the front.

I taught both my girls how to drive standard even though they took their tests on automatics. Both at some point owned cars that had standard, one still does and her two teens had to learn how to do it as well. However, it is getting increasingly hard to even find one anymore unless it's a muscle car.
My brother learned on stick from my dad, and he had horror stories. My dad wasn't known for his patience and he had really unrealistic expectations for children. He really wasn't good with minors at all. So since I would have to learn from my dad in order to learn stick, I opted not to. Over here, there's no choice, so my kids will learn stick...for my daughter, that will be in a year and a half. As much as I hate driving, it IS a handy skill to have and it's becoming increasingly necessary, so the kids will both have to bite the bullet and learn. They will at least have an advantage in learning from scratch, both in learning the Dutch style of driving and also driving manual. They won't have a bunch of habits to break.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Those are fun. I'm also amazed you can maneuver around those long nails, too! :)
Thank you most of the year they're one color with maybe an accent nail but I always do something fun for Christmas. I've never had a problem with the length, maybe I'm just used to them. Up until March they were my escape from everything now they're a new hobby. I still have much to learn but it's getting easier and being able to finally be able to get professional quality products is helping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom