The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Some of my friends are Muslim too. During Ramadam Muslims can only eat at sundown so at dinner time it is a feast before your eyes. At Iftar which concludes Ramadan, it is the best night of it all. Gotta love having diverse friends that believe in different religions!
My friends from the language school here are all from different countries and we get together and bring things from our own countries, or teach each other how to make them. I learned to make Tostadas from my Mexican friends, and a burrito recipe from my Guatamalen friend, Dolma from my Iranian friend (though I've never done that one), egg rolls from my Indonesian friend who is a chef, I learned a rice dish from my friend from Sri Lanka, but I've never made that one...and I don't even remember what I learned to make from my Malaysian friend...I know I got a recipe for some bapao she made that was really good....and some meatballs, but I lost them. I should ask for them again.

Songbird76

@MinnieM123 if all goes wrong it could be a foot+ Looking Ahead to a Potential Northeast Snowmaker Next Week - Videos from The Weather Channel | weather.com I promise to try and send it all to you and the ferret

What about me??
Puppy Eyes GIF by memecandy

Lilofan

Oh and best part? Got my way and got the 6-speed manual transmission!!!!!! Been driving stick since 1993, no reason to stop now.

Plus, manual is the "millennial anti-theft device" as they have no idea what to do with it ;)
Very true. And also no one wanted to borrow my car in my earlier days since they did not know how to drive stick. I still enjoy and drive manual transmission currently . It is less distracted driving to me since my hands and feet are regularly shifting gears.

Willmark

Yikes you have to be able to drive one in my family or you don't get to take your road test. :D
First day I drove stick was the day I picked up my 1985 Dodge D-50, (really Mitsubishi with a Dodge logo on in). It was a 4 speed. My dad and I go to pick it up and he's like "nope its your truck you drive it home". First time ever... and of course what do I have to do? Go up a big hill. Needless to say I learned, rapidly.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
First day I drove stick was teh day I picked up my 1985 Dodge D-150, (really Mitsubishi with a Dodge log on in). It was a 4 speed. My dad and I go to pick it up and he's like "nope its your truck you drive it home". First time ever... and of course what do I have to do? Go up a big hill. Needless to say I learned, rapidly.
Lincoln tunnel rush hour then into the hills of NJ at night

Songbird76

Oh and best part? Got my way and got the 6-speed manual transmission!!!!!! Been driving stick since 1993, no reason to stop now.

Plus, manual is the "millennial anti-theft device" as they have no idea what to do with it ;)
Not over here! Everyone has manual here. The driving school where I get lessons doesn't even have automatic as an option. And if you get your license in an automatic, you are not allowed to drive stick, but if you get it on stick you can drive either.

Willmark

Not over here! Everyone has manual here. The driving school where I get lessons doesn't even have automatic as an option. And if you get your license in an automatic, you are not allowed to drive stick, but if you get it on stick you can drive either.
Where is "over here"?

Songbird76

I just watched my neighbor be taken by ambulance....don't know what's wrong with her. I went downstairs to use the bathroom and saw a strange light, so I went and peeked through the mail slot and saw the ambulance park and go to her house. She came down the stairs sliding on her rear, so she's conscious and everything...but it was almost 2 am, so too dark to see much other than that it was my neighbor across the street. I'm not positive, but I think she may have been on a ventilator when they brought her out of the house. She got down the stairs and they had a stretcher waiting and they bundled her up. I hope she's ok...she lives alone, but she has grown kids and I think it was maybe her son who was there waiting for the ambulance. She's always been very nice to us. If it had been daylight, I'd have gone to ask the son if he needed anything once the ambulance left, but at that time of night it might have seemed creepy, like I just sit at my window all night spying on the neighbors. Total fluke that I happened to be going downstairs just as the ambulance pulled up, or I'd have never known. They didn't use sirens. Hoping it's nothing that will keep her down for long!

Goofyernmost

I drove my first "standard shift" vehicle at 10 years old. It's to long a story to convey but suffice it to say that my father was the manager of a trucking company next door to our house in the 50's. Full size tractor/trailer trucks were parked inside. One Sunday I went over the garage where they were parked got in one, started it up and backed it out of the garage drove it around the building and parked it back in the place where I got it. I don't remember how long it took to share that story with him, but eventually I did and I got the job at age 12 to keep the large yard plowed out with a standard shift pickup with a snow plow on the front.

I taught both my girls how to drive standard even though they took their tests on automatics. Both at some point owned cars that had standard, one still does and her two teens had to learn how to do it as well. However, it is getting increasingly hard to even find one anymore unless it's a muscle car.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom