The Sorcerer's Apprentice Holiday Special

Disney Dad 3000

I would fly you all to Pahkope for the holidays, but my Disney visa card charges are finally catching up with me.

stack-credit-cards-statements-bank-50673758.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Chapter 1: Old Friends
continued...

Nigel and Figment walked through the original Disney California Adventure.

"Figment I have something to tell you" Nigel interrupted as they continued strolling forward through the holiday decorations. "I have a feeling this island is more than it seems. To find Disney Dad, we may have to first meet the Island bouncer."

"And who might that be?!" Figment wondered

"A robot if I remember right" Nigel recalled "A friendly robot, but make sure to not get on their naughty list, or they may not give you the answers you seek"

"And where can we find this bouncer? I think I'll get on the good list!" Figment responded.

"At the Hyperion, where Disney's Steps in Time plays on loop for eternity" Nigel replied.

fZqhmfjxoexY552kKjQ34u_NeuH4-6MVBOIWrlVhMTGADY-bN5lOLUBHZxIXYqImFgA1HYLWAQi2KhtGoxHaciuCAa2dVtu_

The pair is stopped at the door where they encounter a white and red colored robotic figure

"Halt - unit processing" the robot exclaims

"Oh I know you!" Figment stated " @b-wolf95 !!"

"We're on a quest to find the Great Disney Dad, we need to speak with him and could really use your help, do you think you could let us both in?"

"Analyzing...Figment a friend, access granted"

"Hey thanks b-wolf!" Figment smiled as the pair went into the Hyperion Theater. Inside was designed much differently than usual, there were several hallways that were reminiscent of the Haunted Mansion all leading to different shows

"Well this isn't what I expected" Nigel said "What's this?"

Looking at the playbill the pair was curious what this show entailed

A_Gentleman%27s_Guide_to_Love_and_Murder.jpg

"I guess we go this way" Nigel said.

They entered as the play was just breaking for intermission.
"Well greetings travelers!" a voice said from the stage. Figment ran up to see who it was. "A purple flying dragon, you must be Figment! I've heard of you. Oh and of course Dr. Nigel Channing, a pleasure it is!"

"And who are you?" Nigel asked

"I am @montydysquith-navarro Ninth Earl of Highhurst"

"Oh my Lord, it is an honor" Nigel replied. "Oh Figment get down from there!"
View attachment 517502

"I look pretty good up here Doc! Might stick around this Theater for a while!" Figment replied

"Figment we have a job to do I thought that's what you wanted!" Nigel exclaimed

"A job?" Monty asked "Do you need any assistance?"

"Well, we were hoping to be pointing in the direction of the Great Disney Dad, I heard rumors the higher ups brought him back down here to pay off some old SAU bills, any idea where he could be headed?"

"I'd love to join you on your merry quest, but first we need to visit our V.I.P guest, he is an eloquent, sophisticated scholar who frequents these plays. He might also be able to help you get the information you seek" Monty stated.

"That would be great, let's go see him" Nigel said.

The trio then walked to the back rooms where the exclusive guests were held. A towering dark presence was felt. There was a sense of dread over Figment and Nigel, did they just make a mistake coming here? Suddenly the giant beast turned around.

View attachment 517504

"By golly, what is that?!" Nigel said in awe

"Volcano Bat!" Figment answered "there was one time spacemt354 wrote Volcano Bat instead of Volcano Bay, and nobody let him live it down! So much so that this creature was created and haunts the SAU to this day! He's been everywhere!"

"Haunts I wouldn't say is the appropriate definition" Volcano Bat stated with a British accent. "I lead a simple life. I much enjoy a brandy and a good show, monty has been putting on a show for all of us since he joined in the summer, even his Jeopardy games have been a smashing sensation"

"And you would know where we could find the Great Disney Dad?" Nigel asked

"Ah, Dad of Disney, what a scholar he is - I can lead you in that direction indeed, let me just finish my novel and we can be done."

"What are you reading?" monty asked

"Oh well it's been over 2 years and I still haven't finished reading Team Castle's Fantasyland project, Sir @mickeyfan5534 and others certainly outdid themselves in those 84 pages

As Volcano Bat finally finished reading that project, he put down his brady, popped on his monocle, and they set off.
"Knowing the Dad of Disney" Volcano Bat stated "He'll be on Hollywood Boulevard, so we're in the right place"

Snow began to fall as they walked outside to continue their quest for answers on the Island of Misfit Characters.

View attachment 517511
Bold of Disney to produce GGLAM in the park! Guest Services will definitely have a field day because wittle Hayden (6) and AshelynnMae (4) from Long Island, New York were horrified because some man keeps on murdering the same man in drag over and over again.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Chapter 2: Chew-Chew
enhance

As the group of Nigel, Figment, Volcano Bat, and monty walked out of the Hyperion Theater in search of the Great Disney Dad, Figment looked at Nigel to break the 4th wall and say

"Hey you know, if you get to be NigelChanning09, Nigel - I'm going to be @FigmentPigments !"

"Well she was a star, Figment" Nigel acknowledged "Mr. Bat...sir...Bat...are we getting close?"

"Hmm...quite" Volcano Bat said as he adjusted his monocle. "Just due north and we shall find our destination. You see finances are done on the Boardwalk, Paradise Pier, you know how those sophisticated gangster films work, so if he's not on the dark side of Hollywood, we'll find him there"

"Ah yes" Nigel acknowledged somewhat unsure of himself.

Reaching the end of Hollywood Boulevard and seeing nothing resembling the Great Disney Dad, Nigel's worries began to come true.
"Well does that mean we have to continue on to Paradise Pier?"

"It appears so" Volcano Bat said

"We can't even go on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror with @TwilightZone ! It was too good to be down here!" Nigel said.

"Look on the bright side, we get to visit A Bug's Death!" montydysquith-navarro announced.

"A Bug's....what?" Nigel questioned.

"Look I even have a souvenir from last time!" monty reached and grabbed a shirt.

ratT86z.jpg

"These were designed by @DisneyFan18 - so regal, they match the Bloody Watermelon Wall"

"Is that a British thing?" Nigel asked "Because I'm not familiar with that phrase"

"Don't worry Doc - this is going to be a blast - just look at that!!!" Figment exclaimed.

The pair looked up in amazement at what they were witnessing....straight out of a horror movie.
5013607049_f5b7c5b014.jpg

enhance

"Oh my make it stop!" Nigel screamed "How could they turn such a loveable character into this monster!"

"Oh he isn't a monster, do you think of me as a monster?" Volcano Bat asked

"Why no it's just---"

"He is just hungry, and misunderstood" monty chimed in "if you take a picture by his watermelon wall -- I'm sure he will let us passed towards Paradise Pier."

"And smile too! It will please Heimlich...." Volcano Bat added

Mustering up all his courage, Nigel stepped up to the #BloodyWatermelonWall and snapped his photo for the 'gram

Capturggfffge.jpg

"HEIMLICH LIKE PHOTO....HEIMLICH LET YOU PASS"

"Heimlich talks like @D Hulk now?" Nigel pondered

"HEIMLICH FIGHT HULK, HEIMLICH NOW HUNGRY!"

"Quickly thank you Heimlich...Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays" Volcano Bat scurried the group away through the land and towards Paradise Pier. "Do not worry companions, I can see the Great Disney Dad right around the corner, he's waving to us now"

After their perilous journey the group marched on to meet with the Great Disney Dad at long last...

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Chapter 2: Chew Chew
continued

Monty and Volcano Bat paused and mentioned to Figment and Nigel that they wouldn't be continuing on the journey.

"I have to get back to Disney Jeopardy" monty explained "We got some smart players like @WillWrambles up and coming and I have to prepare for them"

"Hmm yes quite" Volcano Bat concurred "I should now begin on the 146 page project of Mumbai Disneyland in Season 6, which I should finish by 2026."

Nigel and Figment carried on to meet the Great Disney Dad
artworks-000368696793-uzd9n2-t500x500.jpg

"Hey gang" the Great Disney Dad announced "They brought be down here because they said I'm behind on payments in the Great Movie Ride competition - but I only pay for stuff in the Sorcerer's Apprentice competition"
full

"How much do you owe?" Nigel wondered

"You don't want to know" Disney Dad responded "But I'm going to make them an offer they can't refuse, I'm a real funny guy, who thought he was out, and they pulled me back in"

"So!" Nigel chimed in "What's this Great Movie Ride competition about, I'm intrigued"

"It was in the Summer of 2017" Disney Dad began...

"It was a team-based competition, the teams were movie studios, you know Pixar, Marvel, the whole lot, and they worked their way around Walt Disney World imagineering. The open atmosphere brought around folks for the first time too like jyn erso/ @Lora Baines Bradley on Team Marvel! It was something special"

"I was in it!" FigmentPigments exclaimed "I was on Pixar Studios - we did Dream Mountain for the Imagination Pavilion!"
dream_bubbles_by_deadteddy17-d62link.png

Nigel stopped the trip down memory lane
"This all sounds fantastic, but Great Disney Dad, we're trying to look for a way off this Island of Misfit Characters, and we were told you know the way"

"I know of a way" Disney Dad responded "But we will need to find another 'great' - The Great Mouse Detective, he is the only one on this Island who can lead you back to the surface, but he may be pre-occupied now"
136175.jpg

" @DashHaber ?" Figment asked "Let's goo!"

"I'm just saying he has been in this 1986 competition for the last few months" Disney Dad explained

"Then let's try and go there!" Figment "There has to be a way"

"Well...I know of a child, but he rarely comes down here. He rules the 1986 world"

"Is that him sarcastically sipping his coffee?" Nigel asked

Across the way a tiny green creature stood with judging eyes over the trio of Nigel, Figment, and Great Disney Dad

"You wish access to 1986?" the being said "It's going to cost you"

Nigel and Figment looked at Disney Dad as he reluctantly took out his credit card yet again and the trio began walking towards.... @mickeyfan5534
mandalorian-season-1-episode-4-baby-yoda-soup.png

"At least it's not a Wookie" Nigel said relieved "We don't need a repeat of that Holiday Special"

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Chapter 2: Chew-Chew
enhance

As the group of Nigel, Figment, Volcano Bat, and monty walked out of the Hyperion Theater in search of the Great Disney Dad, Figment looked at Nigel to break the 4th wall and say

"Hey you know, if you get to be NigelChanning09, Nigel - I'm going to be @FigmentPigments !"

"Well she was a star, Figment" Nigel acknowledged "Mr. Bat...sir...Bat...are we getting close?"

"Hmm...quite" Volcano Bat said as he adjusted his monocle. "Just due north and we shall find our destination. You see finances are done on the Boardwalk, Paradise Pier, you know how those sophisticated gangster films work, so if he's not on the dark side of Hollywood, we'll find him there"

"Ah yes" Nigel acknowledged somewhat unsure of himself.

Reaching the end of Hollywood Boulevard and seeing nothing resembling the Great Disney Dad, Nigel's worries began to come true.
"Well does that mean we have to continue on to Paradise Pier?"

"It appears so" Volcano Bat said

"We can't even go on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror with @TwilightZone ! It was too good to be down here!" Nigel said.

"Look on the bright side, we get to visit A Bug's Death!" montydysquith-navarro announced.

"A Bug's....what?" Nigel questioned.

"Look I even have a souvenir from last time!" monty reached and grabbed a shirt.

View attachment 517723

"These were designed by @DisneyFan18 - so regal, they match the Bloody Watermelon Wall"

"Is that a British thing?" Nigel asked "Because I'm not familiar with that phrase"

"Don't worry Doc - this is going to be a blast - just look at that!!!" Figment exclaimed.

The pair looked up in amazement at what they were witnessing....straight out of a horror movie.
5013607049_f5b7c5b014.jpg

enhance

"Oh my make it stop!" Nigel screamed "How could they turn such a loveable character into this monster!"

"Oh he isn't a monster, do you think of me as a monster?" Volcano Bat asked

"Why no it's just---"

"He is just hungry, and misunderstood" monty chimed in "if you take a picture by his watermelon wall -- I'm sure he will let us passed towards Paradise Pier."

"And smile too! It will please Heimlich...." Volcano Bat added

Mustering up all his courage, Nigel stepped up to the #BloodyWatermelonWall and snapped his photo for the 'gram

View attachment 517725

"HEIMLICH LIKE PHOTO....HEIMLICH LET YOU PASS"

"Heimlich talks like @D Hulk now?" Nigel pondered

"HEIMLICH FIGHT HULK, HEIMLICH NOW HUNGRY!"

"Quickly thank you Heimlich...Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays" Volcano Bat scurried the group away through the land and towards Paradise Pier. "Do not worry companions, I can see the Great Disney Dad right around the corner, he's waving to us now"

After their perilous journey the group marched on to meet with the Great Disney Dad at long last...

Actual photo of the Paradise Pier tour:
ptrLIVgentlemans4111615.jpg

TwilightZone

In Season 4 all the teams were Horizons destination themed!

There was Team Verde and Team Castle too!

logo7.JPG

logo6.JPG
#teamcastlegang
sadly, I think that year I got like really, really sick iirc but I don't really remember either haha (maybe that's for the better if I did). Weather pavilion was a lot of fun to make though!

"At the Hyperion, where Disney's Steps in Time plays on loop for eternity" Nigel replied.
iu

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Chapter 3: Walk in the Park
yoda.jpg

Mickeyfan5534/Baby Yoda announced to the group that recently the Island of Misfit Characters has seen a rapid increase in characters from all sorts of territories.
"1986 has our own version of an Island of Misfit Characters, it's affectionately called More Pooh Talk, so it's odd to say the least why we have merged with you all, is anything going on in the SAU right now?"

Figment looked around trying to find someone with a better explanation, but was forced to reply "Well....recently the SAU was kind of, sort of, taken over by Waldo. He's got the hat, and a bunch of artifacts, he's been sending the whole world into chaos. Anything going on where you are?"

"We are creating The Lost Kingdoms theme park in the Blue Sky Disney Resort" mickeyfan responded "Here it is - The Lost Kingdoms"

"The Great Mouse Detective Dash Haber is there right?" Nigel asked

"Yes he's working hard to complete the park" mickeyfan stated

Suddenly, the surrounding area on the Island of Misfit Characters turned to darkness, a vast black plane spanning as far as the eye could see. Pigments of light shined along the dark light inspired paths.

"What's happening?!" Nigel worried

"It's Waldo" Figment responded "He's up to something"

"Hey gang, what's this?" Disney Dad asked

Along the pathway from the Island of Misfit Characters, photo-realistic projects of various creative parks began to flicker in front of the group.

"Disneyland Brazil" said Disney Dad "with Saludos Beach and all thanks to the contributions of @Tux @orlando678- and many more."
ZTVzDSCiCu9JUtsCUfsaAinELVN2-1W-J7vGWT5gK4829XtX0CXNjrPatiOg7NNCFCzJ4HY5Lb9YS6HJ3wRnVx8tMibcD4bH7wl1CwNm6tPCCQG5uZIF-ztRkdCYXoIMiMPs-kny

Gazing further down the path -
"what's that park with the Ferris Wheel?" Nigel wondered

"That's Americana 1900 - an @James G. original with artwork from D Hulk!" Disney Dad replied.
enhance

"Wow I never realized how much effort was put in around here creating original parks" Nigel said

Flashes of light sprung up everywhere around the Island as the faint chuckle of Waldo could be heard echoing throughout the cosmos.

"Mumbai Disneyland?" Figment gasped "Something is wonky with this timeline!"

A completed Mumbai Disneyland glimmered above with contributions from all across the land from @Evilgidgit 's Marvel area to the Small World Main Street.
enhance

Flickers of light showing parks from around the imagineer forum continued to spark.

"Maybe this is trying to show me something" Figment thought "Everyone we should stick around and look for clues!"

"No" mickeyfan sassily retorted as he sipped his hot cocoa. "I have finals, and I'm going back to my world. You all have fun though!"

And with that the trio studied these ever expanding lights of original theme parks looking for a clue that might explain what is going on with Waldo and how they can help Nigel escape the Island.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
continued

Figment acknowledged
"Maybe I'm being shown the future of Mumbai Disneyland because there's something for me to find in there! You guys stay put! I'll be right back"

And with that Figment jumped and flew with the orange wings towards the light of the park. Feeling the heat of Mumbai, Figment arrived at the destination.
5JR-QzwgZzMH7z_jUQL_lBbAtRpeorRoUeA48xvH-Ifx7jgAWEpRjJJQBLJltDV0JKGEeg5WDl0dqEFAX_Kas5E1Vaz5zcEHqofCvY2QIOLct1KwXMnUvEGGMprbzuMuPratsjw

Plopping down in Fantasyland, one could see the construction work all around. @Pufflefan designing Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure, @TheOriginalTiki working on the Aladdin E-Ticket, and @PerGron creating Journey into the Unknown, a Frozen inspired boat-ride.

"This Animal Crossing game is addicting" a voice from Agrabah said

"Is that what I think it is?" Figment asked the voice, who turned around to be TheOriginalTiki/Barker Bird
e5129dce68dbf2b207bac134831dc0d56b29cf82.png

"Oh, hello there Figment! I've just been playing this game on my Nintendo Switch"

"Nintendo Switch? I've always wanted one of those!"

"Well here you can borrow mine, I have to finish building this ride anyway" Tiki said

"Gee thanks!" Figment took the Nintendo Switch and began to play
Capturhhe.JPG

"Be careful with that!" a voice echoed from afar. Figment pretended it didn't exist

"Hey!" The voice said again, this time more voraciously. "You have to give that back!"

"Figment!" another voice chimed in "that's not just a Nintendo Switch!

more-pooh-talk_-the-show-1-png.517441

Two jovial but concerned figured began to march towards Figment; @Pi on my Cake and spacemt354

"Aren't you guys mortal enemies?" Figment asked

"Figment! There's no time - that Nintendo Switch, it's not just a Switch it's a -----

And before Pi could finish his sentence Figment had clicked a button on the switch and vanished into thin air

Figment reappeared in a foreign environment. The scenery was a different animation style...he knew he wasn't in the SAU anymore...

HIDE%2BAND%2BGO%2BPEEK%2BPAN%2B1.png

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
continued

Figment acknowledged
"Maybe I'm being shown the future of Mumbai Disneyland because there's something for me to find in there! You guys stay put! I'll be right back"

And with that Figment jumped and flew with the orange wings towards the light of the park. Feeling the heat of Mumbai, Figment arrived at the destination.
5JR-QzwgZzMH7z_jUQL_lBbAtRpeorRoUeA48xvH-Ifx7jgAWEpRjJJQBLJltDV0JKGEeg5WDl0dqEFAX_Kas5E1Vaz5zcEHqofCvY2QIOLct1KwXMnUvEGGMprbzuMuPratsjw

Plopping down in Fantasyland, one could see the construction work all around. @Pufflefan designing Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure, @TheOriginalTiki working on the Aladdin E-Ticket, and @PerGron creating Journey into the Unknown, a Frozen inspired boat-ride.

"This Animal Crossing game is addicting" a voice from Agrabah said

"Is that what I think it is?" Figment asked the voice, who turned around to be TheOriginalTiki/Barker Bird
e5129dce68dbf2b207bac134831dc0d56b29cf82.png

"Oh, hello there Figment! I've just been playing this game on my Nintendo Switch"

"Nintendo Switch? I've always wanted one of those!"

"Well here you can borrow mine, I have to finish building this ride anyway" Tiki said

"Gee thanks!" Figment took the Nintendo Switch and began to play
View attachment 517929

"Be careful with that!" a voice echoed from afar. Figment pretended it didn't exist

"Hey!" The voice said again, this time more voraciously. "You have to give that back!"

"Figment!" another voice chimed in "that's not just a Nintendo Switch!

more-pooh-talk_-the-show-1-png.517441

Two jovial but concerned figured began to march towards Figment; @Pi on my Cake and spacemt354

"Aren't you guys mortal enemies?" Figment asked

"Figment! There's no time - that Nintendo Switch, it's not just a Switch it's a -----

And before Pi could finish his sentence Figment had clicked a button on the switch and vanished into thin air

Figment reappeared in a foreign environment. The scenery was a different animation style...he knew he wasn't in the SAU anymore...

HIDE%2BAND%2BGO%2BPEEK%2BPAN%2B1.png
Excellent work, mortal enemy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom