The Sorcerer's Apprentice Holiday Special

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Untitled.jpg

Welcome one and all to a special holiday story!

Background
During The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6, one of the main villains of the story was revealed to be 'Waldo' from Muppet*Vision 3D, who then sends the universe into chaos with the power of the Sorcerer's Hat and other artifacts. The caretakers, Yensid and Figment, are taken from their vacation and imprisoned so they aren't able to help the imagineers. While on the island, Figment has a dream of the holiday season, where he is on the Island of Misfit Characters interacting with others from the SAU, and learns about the true spirit of togetherness.

Here we will tell Figment's Christmastime adventure dream and the events that unfolded.

Inspired by the 12 Days of Christmas format - this story will be presented in 12 chapters over several days leading up to Christmas Eve!

So sit back, get in the holiday spirit, relax, and enjoy!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Chapter 1: Old Friends
The sounds of carnival attractions, the calming wake of water beneath his feet, Figment opened his eyes to Paradise. Well...Paradise Pier in the original Disney California Adventure Park.
9c642bdaa7ad96bd7330196c2360990d.jpg

Figment looked around at the eccentric environment he was in, meandering through the eclectic attractions with his holiday sweater on.
island.jpg

Thinking to himself he pondered
"why am I here?" Flying out of Superstar Limo, Figment heard two voices chatting in the distance, one of them with an accent he recognized instantly.

@NigelChanning09 ?!

maxresdefault.jpg

"Figment! You don't belong here, what are you doing here?" Nigel gasped

"I'm not sure! Is this the Imagination Institute?" Figment asked.

"No, Figment - this is the Island of Misfit Characters. I replaced the Dreamfinder and never truly was loved by the Disney fans, so I've been sent here along with many other characters. So many from the original DCA theme park were sent here that this Island became DCA"

"Wait, but you're a BLAST! You don't belong here!" Figment replied to his friend "We got to get you out of here!"

"Unfortunately we can't Figment, that's why I said you don't belong here....you're beloved, you should be out there with all the other beloved Disney characters, not down here with me"

"That's nonsense!" Figment rebuked " We're going on an adventure"

"Oh Figment I really don't think that's a good idea...."

"Sure it is Doc! You gotta use your imagination!"

And without a second to spare Figment took off pulling Nigel along "So who is in charge of this place?"

Nigel paused for a moment to think
"Well, it's all subjective how well you're liked or not, sometimes people get sent here and then are able to escape as time goes on."

"Like who?"

"Well, there was this Horizons themed team...Team Brava in Season 4" Nigel replied

"Team Brava! Oh I remember them! A Horizons themed team I bet @Mickeynerd17 would have loved to be on this!" Figment said elated "How could they possibly be sent here?"
logo8.JPG

"Well...it was on and off for a while" Nigel replied. "You see, the forum sent them here"

"The....forum?"

"Oh yes...you see they would brainstorm so fast and frequently that they would break the PMs they were in, and nobody would get alerts before it moved to the next page" Nigel explained "So the team would have to post "bump" to get the PM over to the next page...Here's an example"

1607280519993.png

"Oh so that's where 'bump' comes from!" Figment realized "And here I thought they were just giving each other fist bumps! Is there anyone from Team Brava remaining on the island?"

"Well" Nigel paused "There is one member whose tab in the SAU has been running high, so we brought him down here for questioning"

"Tab?"

"Yes...see this man pays for all the endeavors in the SAU, he doesn't really have a choice, that's just how it's written. And unfortunately he's behind on a few payments so he was brought down here"

"Oh let's go see him!" Figment suggested "Maybe he can help us all escape this Island, what's his name?"

"Don Corleone" Nigel stated "or as he's better known.... @Disney Dad 3000 "
--------------------------------

Nigel and Figment walked together as a dynamic duo passed a large holiday bear on their search for Disney Dad to try and leave the Island of Misfit Characters.
big-marc-christmas-grizzly-river-run-bear-disney-california-adventure-131.jpg

As they continued their journey, some classical holiday music transitioned them to their destination.

Mickeynerd17

The sounds of carnival attractions, the calming wake of water beneath his feet, Figment opened his eyes to Paradise. Well...Paradise Pier in the original Disney California Adventure Park.
9c642bdaa7ad96bd7330196c2360990d.jpg

Figment looked around at the eccentric environment he was in, meandering through the eclectic attractions with his holiday sweater on.
View attachment 517415

Thinking to himself he pondered
"why am I here?" Flying out of Superstar Limo, Figment heard two voices chatting in the distance, one of them with an accent he recognized instantly.

@NigelChanning09 ?!

maxresdefault.jpg

"Figment! You don't belong here, what are you doing here?" Nigel gasped

"I'm not sure! Is this the Imagination Institute?" Figment asked.

"No, Figment - this is the Island of Misfit Characters. I replaced the Dreamfinder and never truly was loved by the Disney fans, so I've been sent here along with many other characters. So many from the original DCA theme park were sent here that this Island became DCA"

"Wait, but you're a BLAST! You don't belong here!" Figment replied to his friend "We got to get you out of here!"

"Unfortunately we can't Figment, that's why I said you don't belong here....you're beloved, you should be out there with all the other beloved Disney characters, not down here with me"

"That's nonsense!" Figment rebuked " We're going on an adventure"

"Oh Figment I really don't think that's a good idea...."

"Sure it is Doc! You gotta use your imagination!"

And without a second to spare Figment took off pulling Nigel along "So who is in charge of this place?"

Nigel paused for a moment to think
"Well, it's all subjective how well you're liked or not, sometimes people get sent here and then are able to escape as time goes on."

"Like who?"

"Well, there was this Horizons themed team...Team Brava in Season 4" Nigel replied

"Team Brava! Oh I remember them! A Horizons themed team I bet @Mickeynerd17 would have loved to be on this!" Figment said elated "How could they possibly be sent here?"
logo8.JPG

"Well...it was on and off for a while" Nigel replied. "You see, the forum sent them here"

"The....forum?"

"Oh yes...you see they would brainstorm so fast and frequently that they would break the PMs they were in, and nobody would get alerts before it moved to the next page" Nigel explained "So the team would have to post "bump" to get the PM over to the next page...Here's an example"

View attachment 517431

"Oh so that's where 'bump' comes from!" Figment realized "And here I thought they were just giving each other fist bumps! Is there anyone from Team Brava remaining on the island?"

"Well" Nigel paused "There is one member whose tab in the SAU has been running high, so we brought him down here for questioning"

"Tab?"

"Yes...see this man pays for all the endeavors in the SAU, he doesn't really have a choice, that's just how it's written. And unfortunately he's behind on a few payments so he was brought down here"

"Oh let's go see him!" Figment suggested "Maybe he can help us all escape this Island, what's his name?"

"Don Corleone" Nigel stated "or as he's better known.... @Disney Dad 3000 "
--------------------------------

Nigel and Figment walked together as a dynamic duo passed a large holiday bear on their search for Disney Dad to try and leave the Island of Misfit Characters.
big-marc-christmas-grizzly-river-run-bear-disney-california-adventure-131.jpg

As they continued their journey, some classical holiday music transitioned them to their destination.

yes...Yes...YES!

Not joking, that Team Brava logo just made my day. More fuel for the Horizons fire!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
yes...Yes...YES!

Not joking, that Team Brava logo just made my day. More fuel for the Horizons fire!
In Season 4 all the teams were Horizons destination themed!

There was Team Verde and Team Castle too!

logo7.JPG

logo6.JPG

Mickeynerd17

In Season 4 all the teams were Horizons destination themed!

There was Team Verde and Team Castle too!

logo7.JPG

logo6.JPG
!!!

WHY DIDN'T I KNOW THIS IN 2018!?!?!?

sigh, just like missing the real-life ride by a few years, I missed this by two. Oh well.

Absolutely beautiful logos!

Mickeynerd17

Sure Grandpa...

This is just like the time you tried to convince me that Norway used to have a Viking attraction or the Guardians ride being about energy 🙄
Oh! I remember that one! There were *real* vikins in that one! Lemme tell ya all about it!

*Insert incredibly long and dull monologue about a dead attraction that's been gone for 6 years and then tie it into Horizons because that makes sense*

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
continued...

Nigel and Figment walked through the original Disney California Adventure.

"Figment I have something to tell you" Nigel interrupted as they continued strolling forward through the holiday decorations. "I have a feeling this island is more than it seems. To find Disney Dad, we may have to first meet the Island bouncer."

"And who might that be?!" Figment wondered

"A robot if I remember right" Nigel recalled "A friendly robot, but make sure to not get on their naughty list, or they may not give you the answers you seek"

"And where can we find this bouncer? I think I'll get on the good list!" Figment responded.

"At the Hyperion, where Disney's Steps in Time plays on loop for eternity" Nigel replied.

fZqhmfjxoexY552kKjQ34u_NeuH4-6MVBOIWrlVhMTGADY-bN5lOLUBHZxIXYqImFgA1HYLWAQi2KhtGoxHaciuCAa2dVtu_

The pair is stopped at the door where they encounter a white and red colored robotic figure

"Halt - unit processing" the robot exclaims

"Oh I know you!" Figment stated " @b-wolf95 !!"

"We're on a quest to find the Great Disney Dad, we need to speak with him and could really use your help, do you think you could let us both in?"

"Analyzing...Figment a friend, access granted"

"Hey thanks b-wolf!" Figment smiled as the pair went into the Hyperion Theater. Inside was designed much differently than usual, there were several hallways that were reminiscent of the Haunted Mansion all leading to different shows

"Well this isn't what I expected" Nigel said "What's this?"

Looking at the playbill the pair was curious what this show entailed

A_Gentleman%27s_Guide_to_Love_and_Murder.jpg

"I guess we go this way" Nigel said.

They entered as the play was just breaking for intermission.
"Well greetings travelers!" a voice said from the stage. Figment ran up to see who it was. "A purple flying dragon, you must be Figment! I've heard of you. Oh and of course Dr. Nigel Channing, a pleasure it is!"

"And who are you?" Nigel asked

"I am @montydysquith-navarro Ninth Earl of Highhurst"

"Oh my Lord, it is an honor" Nigel replied. "Oh Figment get down from there!"
monty.jpg

"I look pretty good up here Doc! Might stick around this Theater for a while!" Figment replied

"Figment we have a job to do I thought that's what you wanted!" Nigel exclaimed

"A job?" Monty asked "Do you need any assistance?"

"Well, we were hoping to be pointing in the direction of the Great Disney Dad, I heard rumors the higher ups brought him back down here to pay off some old SAU bills, any idea where he could be headed?"

"I'd love to join you on your merry quest, but first we need to visit our V.I.P guest, he is an eloquent, sophisticated scholar who frequents these plays. He might also be able to help you get the information you seek" Monty stated.

"That would be great, let's go see him" Nigel said.

The trio then walked to the back rooms where the exclusive guests were held. A towering dark presence was felt. There was a sense of dread over Figment and Nigel, did they just make a mistake coming here? Suddenly the giant beast turned around.

bat2.jpg

"By golly, what is that?!" Nigel said in awe

"Volcano Bat!" Figment answered "there was one time spacemt354 wrote Volcano Bat instead of Volcano Bay, and nobody let him live it down! So much so that this creature was created and haunts the SAU to this day! He's been everywhere!"

"Haunts I wouldn't say is the appropriate definition" Volcano Bat stated with a British accent. "I lead a simple life. I much enjoy a brandy and a good show, monty has been putting on a show for all of us since he joined in the summer, even his Jeopardy games have been a smashing sensation"

"And you would know where we could find the Great Disney Dad?" Nigel asked

"Ah, Dad of Disney, what a scholar he is - I can lead you in that direction indeed, let me just finish my novel and we can be done."

"What are you reading?" monty asked

"Oh well it's been over 2 years and I still haven't finished reading Team Castle's Fantasyland project, Sir @mickeyfan5534 and others certainly outdid themselves in those 84 pages

As Volcano Bat finally finished reading that project, he put down his brady, popped on his monocle, and they set off.
"Knowing the Dad of Disney" Volcano Bat stated "He'll be on Hollywood Boulevard, so we're in the right place"

Snow began to fall as they walked outside to continue their quest for answers on the Island of Misfit Characters.

1607294537898.jpeg

Chaos Cat

continued...

Nigel and Figment walked through the original Disney California Adventure.

"Figment I have something to tell you" Nigel interrupted as they continued strolling forward through the holiday decorations. "I have a feeling this island is more than it seems. To find Disney Dad, we may have to first meet the Island bouncer."

"And who might that be?!" Figment wondered

"A robot if I remember right" Nigel recalled "A friendly robot, but make sure to not get on their naughty list, or they may not give you the answers you seek"

"And where can we find this bouncer? I think I'll get on the good list!" Figment responded.

"At the Hyperion, where Disney's Steps in Time plays on loop for eternity" Nigel replied.

fZqhmfjxoexY552kKjQ34u_NeuH4-6MVBOIWrlVhMTGADY-bN5lOLUBHZxIXYqImFgA1HYLWAQi2KhtGoxHaciuCAa2dVtu_

The pair is stopped at the door where they encounter a white and red colored robotic figure

"Halt - unit processing" the robot exclaims

"Oh I know you!" Figment stated " @b-wolf95 !!"

"We're on a quest to find the Great Disney Dad, we need to speak with him and could really use your help, do you think you could let us both in?"

"Analyzing...Figment a friend, access granted"

"Hey thanks b-wolf!" Figment smiled as the pair went into the Hyperion Theater. Inside was designed much differently than usual, there were several hallways that were reminiscent of the Haunted Mansion all leading to different shows

"Well this isn't what I expected" Nigel said "What's this?"

Looking at the playbill the pair was curious what this show entailed

A_Gentleman%27s_Guide_to_Love_and_Murder.jpg

"I guess we go this way" Nigel said.

They entered as the play was just breaking for intermission.
"Well greetings travelers!" a voice said from the stage. Figment ran up to see who it was. "A purple flying dragon, you must be Figment! I've heard of you. Oh and of course Dr. Nigel Channing, a pleasure it is!"

"And who are you?" Nigel asked

"I am @montydysquith-navarro Ninth Earl of Highhurst"

"Oh my Lord, it is an honor" Nigel replied. "Oh Figment get down from there!"
View attachment 517502

"I look pretty good up here Doc! Might stick around this Theater for a while!" Figment replied

"Figment we have a job to do I thought that's what you wanted!" Nigel exclaimed

"A job?" Monty asked "Do you need any assistance?"

"Well, we were hoping to be pointing in the direction of the Great Disney Dad, I heard rumors the higher ups brought him back down here to pay off some old SAU bills, any idea where he could be headed?"

"I'd love to join you on your merry quest, but first we need to visit our V.I.P guest, he is an eloquent, sophisticated scholar who frequents these plays. He might also be able to help you get the information you seek" Monty stated.

"That would be great, let's go see him" Nigel said.

The trio then walked to the back rooms where the exclusive guests were held. A towering dark presence was felt. There was a sense of dread over Figment and Nigel, did they just make a mistake coming here? Suddenly the giant beast turned around.

View attachment 517504

"By golly, what is that?!" Nigel said in awe

"Volcano Bat!" Figment answered "there was one time spacemt354 wrote Volcano Bat instead of Volcano Bay, and nobody let him live it down! So much so that this creature was created and haunts the SAU to this day! He's been everywhere!"

"Haunts I wouldn't say is the appropriate definition" Volcano Bat stated with a British accent. "I lead a simple life. I much enjoy a brandy and a good show, monty has been putting on a show for all of us since he joined in the summer, even his Jeopardy games have been a smashing sensation"

"And you would know where we could find the Great Disney Dad?" Nigel asked

"Ah, Dad of Disney, what a scholar he is - I can lead you in that direction indeed, let me just finish my novel and we can be done."

"What are you reading?" monty asked

"Oh well it's been over 2 years and I still haven't finished reading Team Castle's Fantasyland project, Sir @mickeyfan5534 and others certainly outdid themselves in those 84 pages

As Volcano Bat finally finished reading that project, he put down his brady, popped on his monocle, and they set off.
"Knowing the Dad of Disney" Volcano Bat stated "He'll be on Hollywood Boulevard, so we're in the right place"

Snow began to fall as they walked outside to continue their quest for answers on the Island of Misfit Characters.

View attachment 517511
So that's where space left my robot body! I was wondering what happened to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom