How much longer does Shrek 4-D have?

OG Runner

I thought the same thing. They could replace "Bourne" when it completely fails with "Sing" and also put in a "Secret Lives of Pets" and Minion (off the shelf) ride and voila we have "Illumination Central".

Illumination could even be used in "Seuss Landing" with "Grinch" and "Lorax". I'd love to see a Mt Crumpit ride like Expedition Everest aboard a sleigh.

I will try to be as polite as I can. Replacing Bourne with Sing would be stupid, with all due respect. (How was that?)

JoeCamel

How did no one say to make the shrek theatre into the Dreamworks theatre. Like literally you can sorta keep the shrek ride but revamp the whole theatre. Change the seats, give it the 180 degree screen and throw in some dreamworks characters for more synergy and boom, you get to call it a new attraction for like 1/2 the price of what Secret life of Pets would've been. Plus then everytime you replace the show with a different movie franchise, boom you can call it another NEW and AWESOME attraction at the Universal Orlando resort. Guys guys come on you gotta think like Comcast... save the money.
They have a problem with the entrance to the park that would be better served by replacing that and a couple of the other buildings at the front. If they go SloP they can change it out and blend it to New York better.

OG Runner

They have a problem with the entrance to the park that would be better served by replacing that and a couple of the other buildings at the front. If they go SloP they can change it out and blend it to New York better.

I understand the reasoning, but is SloP as popular an IP to replace Shrek all together?

macefamily

I'd say the public has spoken. Mid week, yesterday and today, wait times at midday have been 75 minutes and 80 minutes respectively. People develop their perceptions from their own perspectives, age, lifestyle, personal tastes, etc. Shrek has been around for awhile, but there's always a new generation of children who get to see the movie for the first time. I'm sure those kids and their families love the ride. You may have rode it 30 times in your life, but that family standing in line in front of you may be excited for their first Shrek experience.

OG Runner

I'd say the public has spoken. Mid week, yesterday and today, wait times at midday have been 75 minutes and 80 minutes respectively. People develop their perceptions from their own perspectives, age, lifestyle, personal tastes, etc. Shrek has been around for awhile, but there's always a new generation of children who get to see the movie for the first time. I'm sure those kids and their families love the ride. You may have rode it 30 times in your life, but that family standing in line in front of you may be excited for their first Shrek experience.
And then are sorely disappointed. 🤪

lazyboy97o

Wait times already are a poor metric and even more so with reduced capacity.

maxairmike

"Wait times are a poor metric" Right. When you're standing in line for Hagrid for 120 minutes.....

There's a reason it didn't come close to these wait times on 99% of days prior to COVID, and it's not because it suddenly got super popular during the shutdown. The inflated wait times are 100% the result of reduced capacity and efficiency. That's all there is to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom