HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

halbjobri

A glimpse of the interior from pictures on the official website:

The Royal Reception Hall
hkdl-rrhall1.jpg

Enchanted Treasures shop
hkdl-enchanted-treasures.jpg

There's also a blurry picture of the nighttime lighting package for the castle and I am already in love:
hkdl-ent-castle-night-2020-1600x900.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
A glimpse of the interior from pictures on the official website:

The Royal Reception Hall
View attachment 514411
I'm guessing the Royal Reception Hall is the general meet-and-greet area with the princesses? That spiral staircase is quite narrow, I will say.
There's also a blurry picture of the nighttime lighting package for the castle and I am already in love:
View attachment 514413
Interesting that they lit up the central "Sleeping Beauty Castle" part in hot pink (yet the original tower is lit in peach), in contrast to the warmer tones (with a shot of cool light blue ones) of the new upper half. A bow to the past, perhaps?

PymParty

These two Official Photos taken from the castle exhibition are very interesting : they give us informations on the new day show and nighttime spectacular that were supposed to begin with the opening of the castle but were postponed due to the pandemic.

The Nighttime Spectacular will be called Cherish the Memories and the day show will be called Follow your Dreams and feature a scene inspired by Coco !

IMG_8263.JPG
IMG_8264.JPG

SplashJacket

I haven't seen this castle in person yet, and probably won't for quite some time, but I honestly think it is my favorite. It's just so unique and is almost perfect despite the retrofit. It just has so much going on and yet still looks fantastic, definitely what Hong Kong needed.

The old castle works in Disneyland because of the history and quaintness it provides.

In Hong Kong, the old castle lacked Anaheim's history and it just looked pathetic. The mountains in the background dwarfed the castle, but now, the mountains are in the background, providing a nice landscape, instead of towering over the castle.

For reference
1605903467010.png
1605903482751.png

My favorites in order
  1. HKDL
  2. Disneyland Paris
  3. Tokyo Disneyland and WDW
  4. Shanghai Disneyland
  5. Disneyland Anaheim
I'm honestly a bit biased towards HKDL now, since I have worked on virtually recreating the resort over the past several months.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Mountains are larger than castles, so the scale never was an issue for me. I loved Sleeping Beauty Castle in that setting.

Having said that, I can’t wait until I’m able to return to the park to see this castle in person. It looks majestic. I don’t think it will top Paris however.

ParkPeeker

It’s finally finished, and what a great addition to hkdl. That new viewing/stage area in the front with those shrubs and trees and all, looks great! it’s so pretty at night with all the lit up windows, especially at the back, those windows are gorgeous at night! Can’t wait to see the projection mapping on this thing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom