Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

_caleb

What is sure is historians will say it was advances in vaccine development, started several years before Covid19 started that kept the disease from being worse. Who gets credit for this? There is a great amount to go around but the scientists. thanks to the Federal Money from Project Warp speed that did the work. but the current Administration deserves some credit for encouraging a vaccine wothin the year and delivering. The insane goal was needed just like when JFK promised that America would send a man to the moon and bring him home within the decade.

Thank you to the healthcare workers, vaccine developers and tax payers for funding it.
The current president is actively working against the delivery and administration of the vaccine by refusing to cooperate with the incoming administration‘s public health team.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Your exclusive opinion.
I wouldn‘t say exclusive. It’s an opinion shared by many.

Its also a fact that the transition team is not working with the current task force because they are not allowed to. That’s not a matter of opinion.

I personally don’t see why they would do that. You can work together while simultaneously pursuing as many lawsuits as crazy uncle Rudy can file. If the lawsuits come through the worst that happens is everyone wasted their time on transition work and you didn’t need it. If they don’t then you are ready for the transition. This vaccine and Covid in general is way too important to fall victim to petty, ego driven political games.

Heppenheimer

I wouldn't say the administration is "actively working against the distribution" as they don't seem to be working on it at all. Maybe "passively working against the distribution". As noted in another thread, we seem to have reached not just the lame duck period of the current administration , but rather the "Penske file" time.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow's FDA meeting goes well, follows the science, and that Trump's minions haven't polluted that hallowed organization too.

_caleb

Your exclusive opinion.
Imaging having people still spreading the virus and some still dying of the virus even after an effective vaccine will be ready, simply because
I wouldn't say the administration is "actively working against the distribution" as they don't seem to be working on it at all. Maybe "passively working against the distribution". As noted in another thread, we seem to have reached not just the lame duck period of the current administration , but rather the "Penske file" time.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow's FDA meeting goes well, follows the science, and that Trump's minions haven't polluted that hallowed organization too.
While their boss may have stopped doing his job, the current administration’s public health officials are still hard at work. Reports are that they have been directed not to speak with anyone from the incoming administration. In my opinion, this qualifies as “actively working against” the distribution, which will largely happen after the government transition.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Imaging having people still spreading the virus and some still dying of the virus even after an effective vaccine will be ready, simply because

While their boss may have stopped doing his job, the current administration’s public health officials are still hard at work. Reports are that they have been directed not to speak with anyone from the incoming administration. In my opinion, this qualifies as “actively working against” the distribution, which will largely happen after the government transition.
Good point. I change my mind, seems more like active than passive malfeasance.

DisneyDebRob

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Good article on how this pandemic became so political and how in the beginning stages we actually were all on the same page. When the talk from our leaders started people went into their own corners.

Good read. It’s amazing to me how loyal people can be to their political affiliations (brain washed?).

I saw a news story on TV where they interviewed an ER doctor from South Dakota who was saying they had patients in the ICU who refused to believe they had Covid right up until death. They wouldn’t reach out to loved ones and often said they knew they would get better soon and that they couldn’t have Covid because it isn’t real. One patient was insisting he had lung cancer and that’s why he couldn’t breathe. It’s crazy to see people so locked into a set of beliefs.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here’s the obligatory call to resist public health recommendations and have that big Thanksgiving gathering:

If people really think it’s that important to see their extended family on Thanksgiving then why not quarantine for 14 days prior to getting together and wear a mask inside and have the meal itself outside? There are ways to get together which are not the same as usual, but if people feel they must do it, they are safer than rolling the dice and hoping it doesn‘t happen to you.

techgeek

Good article on how this pandemic became so political and how in the beginning stages we actually were all on the same page. When the talk from our leaders started people went into their own corners.

I will always find great irony in the fact that many of the people scrambling for masks in the early stages of the pandemic turned out to be the last people willing to actually put one on.

DisneyDebRob

Here’s the obligatory call to resist public health recommendations and have that big Thanksgiving gathering:

If people really think it’s that important to see their extended family on Thanksgiving then why not quarantine for 14 days prior to getting together and wear a mask inside and have the meal itself outside? There are ways to get together which are not the same as usual, but if people feel they must do it, they are safer than rolling the dice and hoping it doesn‘t happen to you.
How many days until they just go away?

SamusAranX

I will always find great irony in the fact that many of the people scrambling for masks in the early stages of the pandemic turned out to be the last people willing to actually put one on.
Hey hey, easy there. Karen had to sell those on eBay with her “extra” Lysol wipes. Those soy mocha lattes with extra vegan whipped cream don’t pay for themselves you know.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
This is completely different. With the Flu, people have the choice of vaccination before they have to work in an exposed area. Please don't trivialize the deaths. 10% of deaths are people under the age of 50.

I do hope you consider when my post was from.
Yes there is a flu vaccine but there wasn't for the other diseases I mentioned and people did not avoid going.
We have learned a great deal about Covid since February 18th 2020 and Disney has definitely stepped up to keep guests safe much more than I realized they would or could back then.
Out of anywhere I'd feel pretty safe going to Disney right now.
Unfortunately I will not be going back until next summer though.

Kevin_W

I'm seeing speculation that we have reached testing capacity.

Wyoming had a 74% positivity rate today.

Where did you see that data?

Wyoming DOH data has % positivity in the low 20's

1605802857522.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom