• Disneyland

Votes: 63 57.8%
  • Disney's California Adventure

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

DisneyNittany

Original Poster
***UP TO THREE (3) SELCTIONS***

Despite your personal feelings/nostalgia/family's style, which park(s) do you consider to be the BEST? So, for example:

Favorites:
  1. Magic Kingdom
  2. EPCOT
  3. Disneyland
  4. Animal Kingdom
  5. Hollywood Studios
  6. California Adventure

vs.

Best:
  1. Disneyland
  2. Animal Kingdom
  3. Magic Kingdom
  4. Hollywood Studios
  5. California Adventure
  6. EPCOT

-I've only ever been to DLR twice in my life, so while I fully admit that Disneyland is the GOAT, I didn't grow up with it nor do I frequent as much as WDW, so I don't have the connection that I otherwise have with Magic Kingdom

-I personally still love EPCOT, solely because of how much I enjoy walking around World Showcase (and the Future World aesthetics at night), but if I was giving recommendations/suggestions to the stereotypical first time WDW family I wouldn't be able to hype up EPCOT for them. I wasn't around for EPCOT Center, so I don't have the nostalgia for it that most do, but I still love it because of what it means to me and my wife.

Shouldigo12

Well I've never been to the California parks, and my trip to HS happened before the new lands. So maybe I just shouldn't vote haha. But I'm bored to tears and I love spreading my opinion, so here we go.

Favorite:
1. Animal Kingdom
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Epcot
4. Hollywood Studios

Best:
1. Animal Kingdom
2. Epcot
3. Magic Kingdom
4. Hollywood studios.
Animal kingdom has some fantastic theming, interesting rides, cool live acts, good food with some decent variety, even for a vegetarian like me. And I saw a baby hippo, so that automatically shoots it up both lists.
Magic Kingdom is just so quintessentially Disney. The castle, the rides...even never having gone when I was younger it felt very nostalgic to me. And it's not a bad park! It also has some lovely themes and good food. But the food wasn't *as* good, and the theming was....how to put it....very well done, but also didn't have much uniqueness to it. It wasn't made to look like I just stepped into Africa (well, a disney-fies Africa) or a cute little german town. The theming was "gorgeous theme park", and it accomplished that, but...I don't know. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but hopefully I'm getting the idea across.

Epcot was maybe more subtle, but I loved the food and the educational aspect. It was fun, being able to talk to people that were from the actual country. It could maybe use a few more rides, but it would be a nice park to relax in for the day. It's a unique experience.

Hollywood Studios is last for each list. The park was just kind of empty. I didn't see any strong theming, and there didn't seem near enough to do. I also seem to hear mixed to negative reviews for the food hear more than I do the other parks. Again, it's not bad. It just parked in comparison to the others.

Animaniac93-98

Which ones?

I think if I had to pick one I would pick the DL version of each. If I could mix and match I would have Florida’s cue for pirates with California’s attraction, and flip that for mansion.

Pirates: Tokyo Disneyland or Disneyland Paris (Tokyo gets points for still having the original Auction scene)

Big Thunder Mountain: DLP

Space Mountain: DLP when it's not Star Wars or WDW

Jungle Cruise: Hong Kong Disneyland

Small World: WDW, Tokyo would win if it didn't have the characters

Splash Mountain: Tokyo Disneyland

Haunted Mansion: Tokyo Disneyland (I won't count Phantom Manor)

Star Tours: It's the same everywhere now, so no park "wins", but Disneyland has the longest lines because it has the lowest capacity

Indiana Jones Adventure: Tokyo DisneySea

Kamikaze

Pirates: Tokyo Disneyland or Disneyland Paris (Tokyo gets points for still having the original Auction scene)

Big Thunder Mountain: DLP

Space Mountain: DLP when it's not Star Wars or WDW

Jungle Cruise: Hong Kong Disneyland

Small World: WDW, Tokyo would win if it didn't have the characters

Splash Mountain: Tokyo Disneyland

Haunted Mansion: Tokyo Disneyland (I won't count Phantom Manor)

Star Tours: It's the same everywhere now, so no park "wins", but Disneyland has the longest lines because it has the lowest capacity

Indiana Jones Adventure: Tokyo DisneySea
There is no way WDW's Space is better at any time.

Small World I'll give you. But both are similar enough.

And this thread is only comparing DOMESTIC parks. So every single other one you listed is irrelevant to the discussion.

Giss Neric

Last summer, even on July 4th, there was always plenty of space in Galaxies Edge!
Galaxy's Edge was brand new at that time. I remember people saying Galaxy's Edge was a fail cause how empty Disneyland cause passholders were purposely trying to avoid crowds. It definitely worked but it backfired at the same time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Galaxy's Edge was brand new at that time. I remember people saying Galaxy's Edge was a fail cause how empty Disneyland cause passholders were purposely trying to avoid crowds. It definitely worked but it backfired at the same time.
It wasn’t brand new in September and was still quiet. It’s no secret it wasn’t the stellar hit they expected.

Giss Neric

It wasn’t brand new in September and was still quiet. It’s no secret it wasn’t the stellar hit they expected.
You're right. If they opened ROTR together with the land, perception would have changed, even with the reservation system still in effect.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Disneyland for sure.

The most attractions, the most diverse themed lands. The most kinetic energy as you walk around the park.

1 park that has Indiana Jones, Pirates, haunted mansion, space mountain, big thunder, rise of the resistance, splash, PLUS all of the classic dark rides. How do you compete with that!?

I hate to be cynical, but location, location, location.

duder

Animal Kingdom

If rides are the main priority, than there isnt an argument for anything other than DL.

Animal Kingdom wins for me because of the incredible theming, great food, solid attractions, best shows (well...) and the fact that it is just so much different than any other park. There is just so much variety to all the available experiences. I'm also an animal fanatic, so that plays a huge part.

I'll also throw in a vote for MK Space over DL. I wish MK had the music, but the track at MK is much more thrilling. Its my favorite space by far, including the Tokyo version. Paris is not Space Mountain

NelleBelle

Disneyland for sure! I grew up going to this park so it has a special place in my heart. But given the mess the WDW has been the last 5 years, we have started doing more DLR trips and been just as happy. And we totally love the E-ticket attractions at DL hands-down over MK. I don’t need to see a chiropractor after riding SM like I do when we are at MK! Nor do we have to figure out how to fit in the ride vehicle on DL’s SM (we are a family of tall people and long-legged people)! 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom