Votes: 26 23.9%
  • Disneyland

Votes: 63 57.8%
  • Disney's California Adventure

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Trackmaster

Animal Kingdom

If rides are the main priority, than there isnt an argument for anything other than DL.

Animal Kingdom wins for me because of the incredible theming, great food, solid attractions, best shows (well...) and the fact that it is just so much different than any other park. There is just so much variety to all the available experiences. I'm also an animal fanatic, so that plays a huge part.

I'll also throw in a vote for MK Space over DL. I wish MK had the music, but the track at MK is much more thrilling. Its my favorite space by far, including the Tokyo version. Paris is not Space Mountain

We've all been to zoos before. You should be going to theme parks for rides.

dewardevi

Looking at the pure idea of each park, and not at the condition all are currently or recently operating in, Epcot is it. Epcot was total original Imagineering. None of its attractions existed in any other Disney park; no off-the-shelf carnival rides with Disney IP wraps. No old-movie-themed or cartoon-themed entertainment. Future World was exactly that, the best ideas for a better world brought to life, not fluff catering to a 5-year-old’s sensibilities. Even the show music was written exclusively for Epcot. (It may have peaked at the 2000 Millennium celebration and we will never again see its like.)

Last edited:

HongKongFooy

Disneyland.

I could understand Animal Kingdom or EPCOT where one could bring forth a viable argument since the those two are such a departure from the traditional Disney setup but anyone saying MK when DL is an option I just can't take seriously. MK pickers would be bringing their East Coast "I grew up with it" bias.

Last edited:

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
I personally think Disneyland is the best single park. It just has an excellent selection of attractions.

Also, I love the fact that absolutely no one thinks DCA is the best park.

Ldno

I grew up with WDW my whole life, then I revisited Disneyland after an 18year gap and to be honest I loved it even more.

We all know it’s the same disney experience with better rides in the size of a magic kingdom parking lot, less tourists, more to do, better weather I love it!!

Waiting for Avengers Campus to opened up to seal the deal on a possible return in the near future, but seriously everything is better there

Downtown disney is right outside the parks and that Disney Magic is more Magical there.

My biggest complaint there is the lack of tree maintenance, WDW’s court in Magic Kingdom has almost zero to no trees which makes it feasible to see the fireworks from anywhere on main street USA, Disneyland has a lot of overgrown trees that makes it harder to see the castle and you have to basically position around the sides to even get a good glimpse from it In my honest opinion, that’s just me though, not sure how everyone feels about it.

DisneyNittany

Original Poster
and that Disney Magic is more Magical there.

Agree and disagree.

Last time that we were there, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, and it was very magical to A) stay there and B) walk from the resort through Downtown Disney and into the parks. Plus, there's extra magic in Disneyland.

However, having the real world so close and visible makes it lose bits of magic. I like going to WDW for the same reason I loved going to Penn State. They're both in their own bubble and that's what gives it the magical escapist feeling.

Brer Oswald

Pirates: Tokyo Disneyland or Disneyland Paris (Tokyo gets points for still having the original Auction scene)

Big Thunder Mountain: DLP

Space Mountain: DLP when it's not Star Wars or WDW

Jungle Cruise: Hong Kong Disneyland

Small World: WDW, Tokyo would win if it didn't have the characters

Splash Mountain: Tokyo Disneyland

Haunted Mansion: Tokyo Disneyland (I won't count Phantom Manor)

Star Tours: It's the same everywhere now, so no park "wins", but Disneyland has the longest lines because it has the lowest capacity

Indiana Jones Adventure: Tokyo DisneySea
Just domestically, I think WDW currently has the superior mountain range and Mansion. Otherwise, Disneyland beats it out.

rreading

I personally think Disneyland is the best single park. It just has an excellent selection of attractions.

Also, I love the fact that absolutely no one thinks DCA is the best park.

DCA had a brief opportunity to be great, and it was pretty good for a while, but taking out Bug's Land (limited though it was, it was quite cute for the little ones and fun) and making Paradise Pier into Pixar Pier is so misguided (we had previously enjoyed it and loved California Screamin)

NelleBelle

Disneyland would be great if it were in a state with a clue. Insane they are still closed. What a shame.
Crazy that I may need to cancel family reunion plans to celebrate a 10-yo's birthday and a make-up graduation trip from last summer that never happened!! Fingers crossed DL might open before June 🤞🏻🤦‍♀️

SplashJacket

Pirates: Tokyo Disneyland or Disneyland Paris (Tokyo gets points for still having the original Auction scene)

Big Thunder Mountain: DLP

Space Mountain: DLP when it's not Star Wars or WDW

Jungle Cruise: Hong Kong Disneyland

Small World: WDW, Tokyo would win if it didn't have the characters

Splash Mountain: Tokyo Disneyland

Haunted Mansion: Tokyo Disneyland (I won't count Phantom Manor)

Star Tours: It's the same everywhere now, so no park "wins", but Disneyland has the longest lines because it has the lowest capacity

Indiana Jones Adventure: Tokyo DisneySea

That's fascinating. I'm surprised you didn't put DLP Small World as the best, and I'm very surprised by the Tokyo Disneyland pick for Haunted Mansion, I'd personally say that one is the worst in the world.

I'd also argue IJA in DS was a huge step down from Disneyland. It has some clear improvements and a lot more overall detail, but everything from the color scheme to the pacing is just off. The pacing is what made DL's iteration exceptional.

If you exclude DLP, a strong argument could be made that Disneyland has the best iteration of Pirates, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Small World, and Haunted Mansion.

HongKongFooy

I'd also argue IJA in DS was a huge step down from Disneyland. It has some clear improvements and a lot more overall detail, but everything from the color scheme to the pacing is just off.

Crystal skull has a more impressive facade and a higher quality queue(Dl has the longer one but Sea has finer and more abundant details)..... as for ride Skull's sound is more crisp and offers better effects and visuals.

I give the storyline to Dl's version.

SplashJacket

Crystal skull has a more impressive facade and a higher quality queue(Dl has the longer one but Sea has finer and more abundant details)..... as for ride Skull's sound is more crisp and offers better effects and visuals.

I give the storyline to Dl's version.
Oh yea absolutely, it is very very impressive. DS iteration has a lot more impressive theming. The most obvious example is the dart scene. In Disneyland they're flats where in DS it is fully built out.

But it is the subtlties that make Disney rides exceptional are missing in DS Indy to me.

1606837117098.png
1606837128625.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom