NEW VACCINE FROM MODERNA READY IN FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER OR SOONER!!

Gringrinngghost

It will be MONTHS before there is even an acceptable level of vaccination in the US.
1605728858355.png

cite: Page 5. https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/strategy-for-distributing-covid-19-vaccine.pdf

So to put it lightly for the time being that Disney will end Park reservations by Christmas:

To Further expand, https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-ma...D-19-Vaccination-Program-Interim_Playbook.pdf

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Since we will get the vaccine before Christmas, everyone vaccinated, do you think DW will stop these reservations, I hope!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
If we get anyone vaccinated before Christmas it’s more likely to be the Pfizer vaccine and it will mostly be going to very high risk individuals and people who work with very high risk individuals. Maybe by like April we’ll see a crowd impact. It also depends on how comfortable Disney is with pulling back restrictions on capacity and social distancing. I could imagine a would with plexiglass social distancing in queues and mandatory masks but full capacity on most rides and 50%+ capacity in the parks

nickys

Premium Member
Since we will get the vaccine before Christmas, everyone vaccinated, do you think DW will stop these reservations, I hope!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
When they say “we’ll have a vaccine by Christmas” they mean the vaccine will be ready by then. That might be 50 million doses or 100 million doses. And it takes two shots, 4 weeks apart.

It will take several months to get everyone vaccinated. Probably around Fall next year is a reasonable estimate.

annabanana

Original Poster
I assume the vaccination will be given rapidly like the flu shots. In and out in 2 minutes. I can see it going very fast. I know Christmas is a reach, but I'll bet by the end of January, everyone will have one. I mean there are two companies giving this vaccine out, Moderna and Pfizer.

correcaminos

I assume the vaccination will be given rapidly like the flu shots. In and out in 2 minutes. I can see it going very fast. I know Christmas is a reach, but I'll bet by the end of January, everyone will have one. I mean there are two companies giving this vaccine out, Moderna and Pfizer.
I wouldn't assume this. First both Moderna and BioNTech require really cold temps to store. To warm too much vaccine too early would be wasteful. I also would not assume anything with timeline until either have received emergency approval. Moderna and BioNTech have similar vaccines but they are not identical. Both seem similarly effective though.

End of January for everyone is a lovely thought, but not reality. Just received notification from the BioNTech trial that they are working to get placebos vaccinated when the time is right, but in the meantime the results are preliminary and we need to keep at our journals and such. I think the working to get placebo participants the vaccine is a nice touch. The message very much put to point that this is not over and we shouldn't act like it is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Try next summer.

Not to mention two jabs each, weeks apart.

There could be a bit more of a normality by next fall.

nickys

Premium Member
Do you realise both require two shots: Pfizer at 21 days apart, Moderna at 28 days apart?

And Pfizer is not a simple shot like the flu one, two vials require mixing first, and a recommended 15 minute rest time after.

Thought about logistics? Super-freeze trucks, distribution, and a short shelf life of the vaccine once out of the super freeze (-80 degrees Celsius).

My bet - by the end of January they may have vaccinated the very highest risk population and health care workers.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Love your optimism, but sadly it’s just not going to happen that quickly. They are hoping to have vaccines out to the public around April. January we may see it available for first responders and some high risk individuals likes those in nursing homes. I’m getting mine as soon as I can, but realistically that won’t be until spring time.

Kamikaze

Most experts seem to think vaccination will be in wide spread use int eh Spring of 2021. I don't expect to see any impact to WDW until then.
It will be months after the widespread availability before it makes an impact. Sept-Oct 2021 things for WDW will get back to normal.

Because Disney will continue to be cautious.

Last edited:

Shouldigo12

I hate bursting your bubble, but no. When we say vaccination will take a while, we mean the production, distribution, and getting those at the highest risk vaccinated first. Not the amount of time it takes to physically inject the shot. I know we all want things to go back to normal but keep in mind none of these vaccines have been authorized yet. The absolute, absolute earliest we can expect to finish vaccination is April and that's assuming everything works in our favor, which it never does.

correcaminos

Do you realise both require two shots: Pfizer at 21 days apart, Moderna at 28 days apart?

And Pfizer is not a simple shot like the flu one, two vials require mixing first, and a recommended 15 minute rest time after.

Thought about logistics? Super-freeze trucks, distribution, and a short shelf life of the vaccine once out of the super freeze (-80 degrees Celsius).

My bet - by the end of January they may have vaccinated the very highest risk population and health care workers.
End of Jan is what they are stating for high risk and frontline. April on average for most everyone else for a US timeline guestimate. I will not speak for other countries. I know BioNTech has lots of orders with lots of countries. I also know AstraZenica and Johnson and Johnson are still going as well. We may hear from them soon.

For the trial it was required 30 minutes after to wait. About 30-45 minutes to warm. Just tossing out personal experiences with BioNTech.

Only good news is that 1 week after BioNTech's version is that you do get 90+% efficacy. So 4 weeks total from first dose to efficacy.

To 100% reiterate what they stated to those of us in the trial, we need to keep going and acting like it's not approved yet. I don't like bursting bubbles, but that's the reality. I am beyond hopeful, but still....

Archie123

It won't be ready for everyone in January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom