Politics RUMOR: Lin Manuel Miranda and Weird Al to Redo Hall of Presidents

This thread contains political discussion related to the original thread topic

Goofyernmost

No he won’t.
You seem sure, but would you care to share the reason with the rest of us. He wouldn't even be anywhere near the first President that wasn't elected by the people. Gerald Ford is in the lineup and he wasn't even elected Vice President. It would be a pretty insignificant tenure, at best, and completely controversial, but if he is sworn in as President, he would still be the President until the end of the term. Granted just a few days, but it is still legitimate. Maybe they could put the two close together where one cannot see where one ends and the other begins.

Archie123

You seem sure, but would you care to share the reason with the rest of us. He wouldn't even be anywhere near the first President that wasn't elected by the people. Gerald Ford is in the lineup and he wasn't even elected Vice President. It would be a pretty insignificant tenure, at best, and completely controversial, but if he is sworn in as President, he would still be the President until the end of the term. Granted just a few days, but it is still legitimate. Maybe they could put the two close together where one cannot see where one ends and the other begins.

He won't become a part of the HoP.

Lilofan

So if Trump resigns and Pence takes over to pardon him, will Pence also get a statue? Even if he is President for a month or so?
Jimmy Kimmel asked Iger a similar question. If Trump gets impeached, will his robot figure at Hall of Presidents be removed. Iger smiled and advised he's taking the 5th.

aladdin2007

If anything changes I hope it’s the ending. The music and conclusion isn’t as grand as it was previously. I think they should go back to using the battle hymn of the republic. It was a much more powerful conclusion.

I agree while its a great format and nice film and narration its like someone got tired of working at the end and didnt want to be bothered, called it a day and just abruptly ended the show, the current music is actually very good but it just cuts off with no closing.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I have an idea...maybe have a rotating featured president (from the past) like every year, swap it out to focus on a different historical president. Still have the others at the end, but only speaking role to the featured president that year and maybe only ones from 50+ years ago

999th Happy Haunt

There’s no need to include an AA of every single president. I think it’s time for a well-written storyline that features a handful of presidents and covers pivotal moments in American history. Keep it patriotic, positive, and motivating.

You know, something Lin Manuel Miranda has proven adept at.
I disagree, seeing all the Presidents on stage together is a real "Wow" moment.

UNCgolf

Personally, I'd be down with Disney moving the American Adventure to Liberty Square and demolishing the American pavilion in the World Showcase. It's always felt out of place to me and I don't really get the point of it. Use that space to add another country.

There's a 0% chance that ever happens, of course -- and I don't know that there's enough space for the American Adventure to go in Liberty Square anyways.

_caleb

That's...the whole point of the thing.
Then maybe the point of the thing needs to change.

Again, you’re free to disagree. I’m glad some people think the old approach still has merit.

Eventually, they’ll need more room on the stage. But that’s okay, because the show is so unpopular they can just remove seats and expand into the audience area to accommodate dozens more animatronics!

UNCgolf

Eventually, they’ll need more room on the stage. But that’s okay, because the show is so unpopular they can just remove seats and expand into the audience area to accommodate dozens more animatronics!

It helps that they only have to add a maximum of 3 per decade (under normal circumstances, barring death/resignation). Some decades they'll only have to add one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom